DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The insurance does not end after 12 months, but after that duration it won't be counted anymore for the multiplier bonus interest.... So if the reason for it is to get the insurance category activated, need to terminate after 12 months and take another new insurance to activate the insurance category again... Quite troublesome if you ask me.

i dont see the clause that says must take another new insurance.

maybe can cancel and apply the same one?

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it works like a group insurance? That is I pay around $10++ a month, and if I have no mortgage but I pass away due to whatever reason, the $150k is paid out?

If it's declining, then the amount to be paid out will be less than 150k after first year. It's essentially a term insurance

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's declining, then the amount to be paid out will be less than 150k after first year. It's essentially a term insurance

Good to hear.... I have no outstanding mortgage, so term insurance for 12 months is OK to me.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can I check if one buy share today, when will the comm appear under dbs bank and earn summary?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Singapore Savings Bond (“SSB”) approach too as it is lasting and cheap to execute!

(1) cheap as you only pay $2 x 6;
(2) your $500 x 6 principal is guaranteed by the Singapore government;
(3) you get paid interest (coupon) on your SSB in the meantime; &
(4) by choosing DBS as your CDP dividend crediting account, your investment category will be activated for the next 10 years (or at least until DBS changes it’s policy)

For insurance, you have to pay a premium which you won’t get back at all i.e. it’s a pure expense. But, insurance offers you almost immediate activation of the category whilst building SSB ladder takes 6 months to be effective. That’s the major downside.

Sorry I'm still a banking noob...so need to ask this also.

1. When I set up a CDP account, I gotta choose DBS Multiplier Account as the default CDP account right? Cannot choose other POSB/DBS account that I have right?

2. When I spend e.g. $500 for each month to buy SSB, they auto deduct from my account? Or do we use GIRO/credit card? Is this expenditure included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

3. Are the dividends received included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
Sorry I'm still a banking noob...so need to ask this also.

1. When I set up a CDP account, I gotta choose DBS Multiplier Account as the default CDP account right? Cannot choose other POSB/DBS account that I have right?

2. When I spend e.g. $500 for each month to buy SSB, they auto deduct from my account? Or do we use GIRO/credit card? Is this expenditure included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

3. Are the dividends received included in the monthly transactions for DBS Multiplier?

Thanks! :)
1) can choose other posb/ dbs account, example joint name account.
2) manually buy every month, u can choose to deduct from which account. Is purchase not counted for monthly transaction.
3) yes

SDM1974

Reaction score
Hi. Just set up multiplier account yesterday. Just to check the following:
1. I have shares purchased previously and the dividends are credited to my dbs account. Do I meet the investment criteria?
2. I need at least one credit card transaction per month to meet the credit card criteria?

Btw salary is already credited to dbs already.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. I have shares purchased previously and the dividends are credited to my dbs account. Do I meet the investment criteria?
2. I need at least one credit card transaction per month to meet the credit card criteria?

Yes and Yes

kram62

Reaction score

Note that the invesment criteria only kicks in for the months where you receive dividends. If there is a month without credited dividend, then the criteria will not be activated for that month.

SDM1974

Reaction score
Note that the invesment criteria only kicks in for the months where you receive dividends. If there is a month without credited dividend, then the criteria will not be activated for that month.

I see. Guess have to go via SSB route than.

martin

Reaction score
I am new to dbs multiplier. When i click “bank and earn” summary, on the left panel it shows my salary credit, cc spend and dividend amounts have been captured. Yet on the right hand columns, only a small box for salary is coloured red, the other small boxes for eligible transactions remain blank. Is this normal?

kram62

Reaction score
I am new to dbs multiplier. When i click “bank and earn” summary, on the left panel it shows my salary credit, cc spend and dividend amounts have been captured. Yet on the right hand columns, only a small box for salary is coloured red, the other small boxes for eligible transactions remain blank. Is this normal?
Yes, the thing on the right is basically the same image as on the multiplier website to explain the different rates. It is static, it does not change at all.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I check with you people, if I get an insurance policy and payment has been made before end of this month, this insurance policy will only be considered as an additional category only from next month?

eg: I buy policy in June and first payment made in June, this insurance category will only be eligible as additional category in July?

TIA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.