Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

toms10

Reaction score
Bro same to me I want to clear all to them .but every time they ask me to defer . Starting I scare so I just keep give them the defer more that they bank in. So I talk to people here and they told me stop paying . They call my wife and mother but they know is scam so they dont bother them.i also report to police and pass them acc that they ask me transfer.i also install CCTV.maybe we face the same peopl5 they Malaysia too

shld be the same method bro... i take advise from here too and stop paying...staying vigilant thou just in case.. pray for u and the rest for safety too...

toms10

Reaction score
Don't forget to pass the police their bank ACC numbers . That will criple them and the lesser bank accounts means the lesser they can "play" in SG . If all debtors report bank account and refused to open for them the better . Bank accounts are very crucial for these Malaysian based ah longs . Nowadays they will ask debtors to open ocbc or posb monthly accounts and I hope no debtors will do that and for all pls report the bank accounts and block their calls and carry on with your lives.

i reported all the defer bank accounts n a few footage of unfamiliar faces loitering in front of my doorstep...

Ironman34

Reaction score
Silver lining helped us to nego payment and we have one week of peace. Subsequently they got another LML to come up which we never borrow before.

Hi, if LML still call you, report to Ministry of Law and also the 3rd party that helps you.
That’s the only way.

lonewolf909

Reaction score
i reported all the defer bank accounts n a few footage of unfamiliar faces loitering in front of my doorstep...
That's good ..opening accounts for them means helping them , and first timer could received 4 years and caning . It's good you reported their account numbers . Well done ! I hope everyone report all account numbers so the account will be close , account numbers holders arrested and exhaust all avenues for loansharks to operate in SG . They are scums !

Ironman34

Reaction score
Either ways, Abdulam or Silver Lining, once negotiations takes place it will take quite awhile before the could actually negotiate with LML. If your total debt with LML is substantial, you could alternatively head down and negotiate with them directly. Afterall, they are legal and they can clamp you down with debt collectors hounding your life while UML can't do that.
Hi, some LML will not entertain you on nego. The 3rd party is still a better way to do the nego. Payment to LML thru 3rd party is somewhat like bankruptcy cases. They go thru official assignee and for LML loans thru 3rd party. And oh yes, the 3rd party will also speak to your company or place of work to tell them of the debtor situation as during their nego or before, LML will approach the place of work to try to get the debtor to pay but law stated that they are not allowed to disturbed the place of work but LML will also make noise so that your place of work will be filled with gossip on your situations.

Ironman34

Reaction score
Hello, as I have said in my other post, the LS scammer instill fear and that’s their strategy. I can understand if needs to install cctv for self assurance but don’t you think that having to watch it every now and then for footage of suspicious people is going to disrupt your life?. SG police have cameras all over the place including almost every blocks of flats and shelter, you should trust the Police. Yes, there is still ppl being caught committing harassment but come to think of it, the victims has substantial amount of loans and the LS will try their best to get it back by hook or by crook. Where’s those with smaller amount is left aside so why worry about getting CCTV. If harassment starts, it give you more of a reason not to pay. Finally it is still up to individuals themselves on handling of their own minds on whether to block out the fear or to keep thinking about the matter thus inducing more fears. Just my opinion.☺️

Ironman34

Reaction score
That's good ..opening accounts for them means helping them , and first timer could received 4 years and caning . It's good you reported their account numbers . Well done ! I hope everyone report all account numbers so the account will be close , account numbers holders arrested and exhaust all avenues for loansharks to operate in SG . They are scums !
Hi, cannot operate in SG?, easier said than done. I mentioned before in year 2017, almost 75-80% of LS has moved out of SG, there is still some remaining ones and worse is that some educated youngster has joined them and it becomes Creative like scamming loans or forced loan.
Our authorities has stepped up the effort and it forced the LS to be slightly quiet for the time being. Their support of $$$ is still needed and we are talking about those that is affiliated with the original LS. What about those that branches out of their own and I can confirmed that these young ******* is SG ppl. They have plenty of time to spare so they will start to harass as and when they feel like it. Luckily our Police knows of it and is tracking so sooner or later you will see reports of these youngster being caught nd penalised.

Ironman34

Reaction score
I once was a debtor with huge loans from both LS and LMLs.
I had a clean cut from all since 2017. During the time when I am in debt for about 4 years, the law of SG is not that strict, LS could go around hanging pig head, splashing paint, setting fire or even visiting your houses in board daylight.
They even have the cheek to go to your office and caused a ruckus to Ensure that you will lose your employment. At that time SG is quite ok as $$$ rolling is the norm but for those in debts it become hell on earth. During that time, many ppl committed sucide and many family members follow suit as many cannot take it of. The pain and agony of being harassed non stop. Many ppl also ran out of SG just to escape these harassment. Presently, consider yourself as a debtor being lucky as the law is protecting you and there is also many avenues for you to seek help and solace. The most important is still that we must have no dealings with LS or even LML as they spell trouble. Mark my words, NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT IF THE $$$ IS FROM THE LS OR LML. Please turn to your family members for help instead. Good nite.

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Hi, cannot operate in SG?, easier said than done. I mentioned before in year 2017, almost 75-80% of LS has moved out of SG, there is still some remaining ones and worse is that some educated youngster has joined them and it becomes Creative like scamming loans or forced loan.
Our authorities has stepped up the effort and it forced the LS to be slightly quiet for the time being. Their support of $$$ is still needed and we are talking about those that is affiliated with the original LS. What about those that branches out of their own and I can confirmed that these young ******* is SG ppl. They have plenty of time to spare so they will start to harass as and when they feel like it. Luckily our Police knows of it and is tracking so sooner or later you will see reports of these youngster being caught nd penalised.

I said exhaust them . I'm old enough in my 50s not to entertained nor fear them . These LS will always have new tactics . When they scammed me I enjoyed their money and handed their bank account to the police . No CCTV no change numbers . And I encouraged everyone that I know who owes to do the same and none that I know was harrased . Phone numbers they can scam but by reporting their bank ACC they will run out of ways and most importantly not to use the poor debtors account . Will they have a new strategy ? Of course but in the meantime it will damaged them and hopefully we can eradicate this WhatsApp loansharks scams . That's all I meant . Other than that crimes or loansharks will always exist anywhere in the world

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Hello, as I have said in my other post, the LS scammer instill fear and that’s their strategy. I can understand if needs to install cctv for self assurance but don’t you think that having to watch it every now and then for footage of suspicious people is going to disrupt your life?. SG police have cameras all over the place including almost every blocks of flats and shelter, you should trust the Police. Yes, there is still ppl being caught committing harassment but come to think of it, the victims has substantial amount of loans and the LS will try their best to get it back by hook or by crook. Where’s those with smaller amount is left aside so why worry about getting CCTV. If harassment starts, it give you more of a reason not to pay. Finally it is still up to individuals themselves on handling of their own minds on whether to block out the fear or to keep thinking about the matter thus inducing more fears. Just my opinion.☺️

Your opinion is correct . And hand the police the bank ACC and those debtors should stop taking loans from Loansharks . For legals ones bopien do some installments or seek third party help like silver lining etc or talk to them directly . The best is to avoid gambling work hard and spent within our means. Never ever pay phone Loansharks ever . And live your life and don't repeat the same mistakes

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me. I just ignored and they stop harressing after 6days.

Bro same to me I want to clear all to them .but every time they ask me to defer . Starting I scare so I just keep give them the defer more that they bank in. So I talk to people here and they told me stop paying . They call my wife and mother but they know is scam so they dont bother them.i also report to police and pass them acc that they ask me transfer.i also install CCTV.maybe we face the same peopl5 they Malaysia too

HelpaBroOut

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this. Can anybody enlighten what should I do I have 8 ls coming after me. I paid afew ls in deferment and now I cannot pay them already as I have no money left. I have 2 boys at home. Im afraid they will come to my house. Should I report to the police?

Adamawew80

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this. Can anybody enlighten what should I do I have 8 ls coming after me. I paid afew ls in deferment and now I cannot pay them already as I have no money left. I have 2 boys at home. Im afraid they will come to my house. Should I report to the police?
Yes go make police report and give them their number and acc number. Dont pay anymore cause u always pay defer and they dont allow u to clear right. I same as you. Thank for all the people here they teach me what to do.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score

1. Make police report
2. Give Police all the details
3. install cctv at your house
4. Standby for harassment for the next few
days.
5. Stop paying and block their no.s
6. Inform your company on the possibility
Of harassment calls.

HelpaBroOut

Reaction score
Yes go make police report and give them their number and acc number. Dont pay anymore cause u always pay defer and they dont allow u to clear right. I same as you. Thank for all the people here they teach me what to do.

Alright. Understand that. But will they come to my office? Or worse case scenarios will they assault me? Anybody encounter being assault by this ls pls help me. Cause I received death threats from them

HelpaBroOut

Reaction score
1. Make police report
2. Give Police all the details
3. install cctv at your house
4. Standby for harassment for the next few
days.
5. Stop paying and block their no.s
6. Inform your company on the possibility
Of harassment calls.

Types of harrasments? Cause I received death threat by them and I'm afraid they will assault me. Idm if they splash paint or what. Lately my colleague say there's afew unfamiliar guy at my workplace looking for me. Cause now I'm on unpaid leave until everything settle suggested by my manager

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, don’t worry all that they can do was death threats so you’d pay but no please do not pay!! &, close your bank acct ASAP. Report police & inform your office & NOC. Tell your office people if anyone call & find just say you’ve alrdy changed jobscope. Also, explain to your colleagues you’ve been scammed. Install CCTV too. If you see any suspicious stranger at your doorstep, dial 999 straight away! Stay calm!!

Alright. Understand that. But will they come to my office? Or worse case scenarios will they assault me? Anybody encounter being assault by this ls pls help me. Cause I received death threats from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.