Malaysia prepaid card

LH

Reaction score
Prepaid Best has a grace period of 75 days, whereas Prepaid Live has 90 days. These are 2 different Digi Prepaid plans, thus the differences.
How to check the grace period using Digi live app?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

CRW

Master Member
Reaction score
Anything wrong with the hotlink app now ? Doesn't seems to load.

CRW

Master Member
Reaction score
If termination date is may31 means the SIM now is consider dead ? Or still alive till 2359 today ?

itfans

Reaction score
Thinking to port over my tunetalk prepaid which is now increases to RM100 for 1 yr validity from RM28 previously to XOX .. anyone know if those hp shop/booth at KSL mall can do the port over? Any reliable one?

thx

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking to port over my tunetalk prepaid which is now increases to RM100 for 1 yr validity from RM28 previously to XOX .. anyone know if those hp shop/booth at KSL mall can do the port over? Any reliable one?

thx
AFAIK, so long as you don't opt to change your old Tune Talk plan to the new one, the validity extension is still RM28/year. Unless you've changed it, whether willingly or accidentally, I've not heard of any forced "upgrade" so far.

There are OneXOX dealers around the more popular JB haunts, but I'd say those I've spoken to looked pretty reluctant to do porting. Don't think anyone here has done any porting with them. Anyway, those I've come across though not spoken to all:
- shop near Kak Kak Dim Sum next to Plaza Pelangi
- shop behind GP88 the kopotiam in Gelang Patah
- booth in JB Sentral
- booth outside cafe on ground floor of TF Value Mart (ex-Giant) Nusa Bestari
- weekends outside Public Bank across the road from Aeon Bukit Indah (one of them lives in the west side here in SG)
... can't remember any others offhand.

You can try one of the SG-based OneXOX dealers if you want, can find them in the Travel Bazaar of this forum. Do note though, that your particulars with Tune Talk have to match whatever you file for the porting, and the line has to be active during the process.

itfans

Reaction score
AFAIK, so long as you don't opt to change your old Tune Talk plan to the new one, the validity extension is still RM28/year. Unless you've changed it, whether willingly or accidentally, I've not heard of any forced "upgrade" so far.

There are OneXOX dealers around the more popular JB haunts, but I'd say those I've spoken to looked pretty reluctant to do porting. Don't think anyone here has done any porting with them. Anyway, those I've come across though not spoken to all:
- shop near Kak Kak Dim Sum next to Plaza Pelangi
- shop behind GP88 the kopotiam in Gelang Patah
- booth in JB Sentral
- booth outside cafe on ground floor of TF Value Mart (ex-Giant) Nusa Bestari
- weekends outside Public Bank across the road from Aeon Bukit Indah (one of them lives in the west side here in SG)
... can't remember any others offhand.

You can try one of the SG-based OneXOX dealers if you want, can find them in the Travel Bazaar of this forum. Do note though, that your particulars with Tune Talk have to match whatever you file for the porting, and the line has to be active during the process.

ok, thx.....

buggerbuggerbrinjal

Reaction score
At KLIA now, Digi shops don't sell Digi Live. Staying for just 3.5 days, should I buy the 20rm Digi Best(?) card or go to KL Chinatown to find Digi Live?

Edit: just bought Digi Best, can't risk

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At KLIA now, Digi shops don't sell Digi Live. Staying for just 3.5 days, should I buy the 20rm Digi Best(?) card or go to KL Chinatown to find Digi Live?

Edit: just bought Digi Best, can't risk

Good thinking; for RM20 just grab and go, saving you time and effort to search in town for someone selling at a "better price". :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DiGi Prepaid Live or Best

I'm not sure how Digi is working with its 2 types of prepaid cards, after starting to stock only Prepaid Live in their Digi Stores and Digi Store Express outlets. Somewhere in January when I was in a Digi Store to port a line in, they asked if I wanted Live or Best though I noticed they only had new Live SIM packs for sale.

I chose Best over Live as I wanted to secure the 365-day validity for that particular number. However, there's an incident with the porting process and I'd to go back to submit another application. This time round, a different staff ported the line to Live and when I noticed it while checking (I've a habit of checking the line info from my MyDigi app before or right after leaving the premises.), I was told that I could change it myself from the app. I eventually did that when I got home.

I'd a personal experience just the other day when I was getting a new card. I was at Lucky Garden rest stop in Yong Peng and went to the Digi dealer booth near a corner of the foodcourt. I got my first Digi card from them some 6 years back, so knew that their numbers suited my "taste" and at prices I'm comfortable with. So yup, I spotted and got what I've been looking around for the past months. :D

(These people at counters here and the other Yong Peng rest stop - Ming Ang - are truly very fast in registering the SIM cards, so hardly any worry about rushing for a departing bus if you set this process as a priority when you get there.)

Anyway, when I asked just to confirm if the registration is to Digi Live, was told that theirs are Digi Best cards.

So right, it looks like there're Digi dealers out there who are still holding on to Digi Best SIM packs, and registration will be as Digi Prepaid Best. For Maxis Hotlink, regardless of what's printed on the Hotlink packs, any registration will be to their latest available plan and not something that's no longer being offered at their shops or advertised in their website.

Just sharing some thoughts. :)

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Previously I using Tron which extends the validity by a year when I do a top-up of just rm10.

Is onexox the sim card is the next best option or there is a better one?

converse2010

Reaction score
Did a search but to no avail.

Is there eSIM Prepaid available in malaysia yet? XOX is postpaid right?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another OneXOX dealer in Bukit Indah

Just an update...

Came across another OneXOX dealer counter in Bukit Indah the other day.

Located in the building of Tesco Bukit Indah, along the corridor on the 2nd floor somewhere near the entrance to Tesco.

noangel7

Reaction score
Want to seek opinion on next step: my oneXOX expires Feb 2020

Should I extend oneXOX validity? or buy a new card?
I've been looking for Digi LIve on recent trip in but could not find the RM8 one.
All are 20+RM but my friend will give me hers

Anyone knows if the 20+ RM digi card functions the same as Digi Live?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to seek opinion on next step: my oneXOX expires Feb 2020

Should I extend oneXOX validity? or buy a new card?
I've been looking for Digi LIve on recent trip in but could not find the RM8 one.
All are 20+RM but my friend will give me hers

Anyone knows if the 20+ RM digi card functions the same as Digi Live?
See my earlier post #7370 above, on Digi Live and possibly the lesser existing Digi Best. But I guess there's a higher chance you'll get Digi Live...

You've to understand what a Digi Live starter pack includes (can see from their website), and then check with the dealer what their "RM20+" pack has. As (also) shared much earlier when I bought a RM23 pack from a dealer in Nusa Bestari, that had a RM15 Internet Cili Padi pass in it. (Note: Different dealers may have their own different packages. Check and understand what you're paying for.)

IMO, it depends on your expectation/intention/usage when you want to buy a new Digi SIM pack. If you just want to buy and keep the basic pack, then by all means go look for the RM8 one in places like Digi Store, supermarkets like Tesco and such, MyNews shops, etc.

For me, I was quite happy to find that particular pack as I actually approached the booth only to look at the numbers available. Having spotted a number I liked to have, I noticed the RM23 price tag together with the inclusive 2GB sticker pasted on the pack. I went ahead to get it after asking a couple of questions, then I sat down to go online to check the details from Digi website.

Basic Pack RRP: RM8
2GB Cili Padi: RM15 (this pass came with a 30-day validity)

As I frequent JB and beyond, the "extra" RM15 is acceptable to me. Thus I mentioned, it depends on individuals.

On your OneXOX card, are you particular about wanting to keep the number?
- If so, get the validity extension.

If you don't have any concerns about what's left in your old card, then you can consider getting a new one with a welcome pack to get the new 28-month validity.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this month-old thingy. :D

One of Malaysia's MVNO - RedONE - is in town. ;)

What caught my attention:
1. Bundled Mobile Data can be used in both Singapore and Malaysia.

2. Unlimited data usage with the connection throttled at 128kbps, depending on the user's location and prevailing network conditions.

Though, I'm a little disappointed that they're using Celcom network in MY, but choose to use SH instead of M1 here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.