The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

JimmyWimmy

Reaction score
Hi, you can look towards,
Zeiss(digital lenses or EnergizeME(depending on your age))
Hoya(Hoya Sync lll)
Essilor(Eyezen)
Shamir(Shamir Relax)
There are more brands in the market but these lenses should help reduce eyestrains.

Blue Reflect lenses have the yellowish hue to reduce more glare. (just that there are individuals who do not like it thus they have to use other brands)e.g. Tokai Lutina, Shamir Bluezero whereby they are blue Absorb THUS doing the same function but without yellowish hue.

Personally i am using the Blue Reflect and find it really comfortable especially using computer in the dark at this timing. Haha:s13:

Cheers!

Hi GANGSTERKIA, can pm me your shop? If it is convenient I may drop by!

DouBleB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have been getting my specs from them 3 pairs, not sure if i can get $500 from there. Maybe im going another optical shop for compare.

trinitygoh

Reaction score
Was quoted $690 (minus the frame) for HiTop brand +10% vision field progressive lens with transition lens. Issit expensive?

Reaction score
Was quoted $690 (minus the frame) for HiTop brand +10% vision field progressive lens with transition lens. Issit expensive?

Hmm.. Hitop. You can get much better lenses for that price (E.g. 1.67 index Supreme Progressive Transition Lenses. This progressive design is slightly better than Zeiss Precision Plus/Plus Asiana)

Last edited:

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t even dare to mention that frame adjustment and alignment is easy too!

Totally agree with you.

Perhaps he understand his own facial shape and own requirement upon fitting him. So it will be easy for him.

But for us, we fit many kind of headshape and it’s really tedious when the headshape are odd and patient’s requirement such as the frame temple has to align on the table when their ear levels is uneven.

I have mastoids of diff size, left side much larger.. And my left side of head is bigger. Ear size also bigger.. So most don't know how to fit properly. When i find one that can, i just stick to the same optician lol.. Singapore ones so far i went to, don't know how to adjust properly. Whereas malaysians they can.. Dunno y?

s3856

Reaction score
Hi. May I know Varilux Progressive Transitions or Kodak progressive transitions is better? Thanks.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.