Treasure at Tampines

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You say you don’t like sims drive, Aljunied, Paya lebar, But u are ok with a condo directly next to the prison that worth your time visiting the SF? :s22:

Why not? :o Free aircon and free mineral water and can get free brochure. :o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given the economic outlook, people buying new launch today are either those needing a place to stay, not new place, cannot accept or possess lots of cash and has an iron rice bowl.

The downside risk is ever present given MAS intention to cut growth forecast yet again.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Days of buying for rental are OVER, according to one.

Just had an interesting conversation with Friend-agents who confirmed that it does not make sense to buy any new launch for rental as the risk/returns/trouble/absd involved are no longer worthwhile compared to even FDs. He shared how some buyers have been ‘conned’ and regretted their purchases after they find out more about the total fees payable given the higher interest rate environment. Some decide to cut losses instead of bleeding for a long time.

Like I always said, it is your own money, DYODD, don’t just be swayed like coconut trees in the wind.

Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Days of buying for rental are OVER.

Just had an interesting conversation with Friend-agents who confirmed that it does not make sense to buy any new launch for rental as the risk/returns/trouble/absd involved are no longer worthwhile compared to even FDs. He shared how some buyers have been ‘conned’ and regretted their purchases after they find out more about the total fees payable given the higher interest rate environment. Some decide to cut losses instead of bleeding for a long time.

Like I always said, it is your own money, DYODD, don’t just be swayed like coconut trees in the wind.

Don't spread fear.:o many people buying condos still.:o some even buy semi d.:o

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Days of buying for rental are OVER.

I’m always amazed how the buyers get “conned” when purchasing property.
Buying property is a life time commitment and it’s totally unimaginable if one did not do enough research, read widely, comparison, or do their own finance calculation over and over again.

I only believe some buy at the wrong district at the wrong price at the wrong time. This is a case of poor judgement or failed to maintain a cool and composed head when making such big decision.
The word “conned” is totally irrelevant here. It’s just an excuse for their inadequacy in doing due diligence while easily putting the blame on someone else.

Afterall, Willing buyer, willing seller. No one points a gun and force someone to buy anyway.

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score
No matter how good an area is or how bad an area is, is really subjective at times.

Some prefer staying in crowded areas some prefer quiet areas.

Some areas may be bad now but may be better in future.

As long as they did some homework. Then choosing the place they believe is the best for them and happy is fine.

Doing zero homework may not be good of course.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m always amazed how the buyers get “conned” when purchasing property.
Buying property is a life time commitment and it’s totally unimaginable if one did not do enough research, read widely, comparison, or do their own finance calculation over and over again.

I only believe some buy at the wrong district at the wrong price at the wrong time. This is a case of poor judgement or failed to maintain a cool and composed head when making such big decision.
The word “conned” is totally irrelevant here. It’s just an excuse for their inadequacy in doing due diligence while easily putting the blame on someone else.

Afterall, Willing buyer, willing seller. No one points a gun and force someone to buy anyway.

According to this person, buyer used the word ‘conned’ because the seller conveniently left out certain expenses like maintenance fees, legal fees etc in calculation. Just said, mortgage x, rental x plus.
In fact I have seen this kind of presentation before, so I was not entirely surprised.

Of course buyer also did not DYODD and just took things at face value.

That was why I always wrote DYODD, don’t blame here blame there.

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't spread fear.:o many people buying condos still.:o some even buy semi d.:o

I was just sharing someone’s perspective of rental not sustainable for today’s launch prices.

If you have examples of high rental to justify sky high prices, after taking into account taxes, maintenance fees, legal fees etc., please share success stories with us too. We would like to learn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.