Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...perations_Led_By_Ang_Mo_Kio_Police_Division_F

Police working hard for us everyday.
If they do anything funny, or send someone they sure gg

Pls see for yourself the number of harassment arrests have been made. Pls report your case and let the CCTV and police do their jobs, anytime they strike, they are DEAD.

20 Jun @ Chua Chu Kang Cresent - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-..._for_a_series_of_loanshark_harassment_cases_J

20 Jun @ Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...rrest_Man_arrested_for_loanshark_harassment_F

20 Jun @ Montreal Drive - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...REST_Man_Arrested_For_Loanshark_Harassement_L

19 Jun @ Hougang Ave 8 - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...REST_Man_Arrested_For_Loanshark_Harassement_F

18 Jun @ Clementi Ave 6 - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...rrest_Man_arrested_for_loanshark_harassment_D

15 Jun @ Toa Payoh Lor 7 - https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...rest_man-arrested_for_loanshark_harassement_e

*CRIME DOES NOT PAY* Paying to a loan scam? Being harassed for loans from loan scammers? REPORT TO POLICE ASAP.

Receive ads for loans on SMS or Whatsapp or Phone call so called easy loans via online, **ALL ILLEGAL**, do not bother or send any personal information or IC or work documents, singpass, bank account number OR YOU WILL BECOME THE NEXT LOAN SCAM VICTIM!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep I know but doing this it will deter the poor debtors and let them see we will cut them . It's more embarrassing to be conned over money which you'll waste and even more if debtors taking from family and friends . It has to end now and this is one of the ways . Two of my friends kept reporting bank accounts and till now months no harrasment.. one actually retuned the money and was tormented for more money lei . These people have no ethics at all . As long as there's banks ? Their operations will run and more torment and scams . Because WhatsApp LS cannot meet you outside for fear of getting caught red handed . Everyone wants to save own skin . Better save debtors skins

Can I suggest we work on gettings ads out of circulation instead?

The account numbers come and go and they are constantly changing phone numbers, account numbers to avoid detection.

PM me and let's move it forward.

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Can I suggest we work on gettings ads out of circulation instead?

The account numbers come and go and they are constantly changing phone numbers, account numbers to avoid detection.

PM me and let's move it forward.

We should do all. I reporting Banks accounts and ads also . Phone numbers also come and go and I add them and reported their WhatsApps and kept reporting those WhatsApp numbers also . Frustrate them by cutting their banks and educate debtors don't open bank account to faciliy their illegal scamming operations . These are not old SG ah longs if you pay back they swee. These are overseas based who will scam you and if you pay they will shake you more as their money tree . Ads, numbers , banks etc all helps . Obviously the debtors also must help themselves by reporting to police and end their roller coaster with illegal LS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We should do all. I reporting Banks accounts and ads also . Phone numbers also come and go and I add them and reported their WhatsApps and kept reporting those WhatsApp numbers also . Frustrate them by cutting their banks and educate debtors don't open bank account to faciliy their illegal scamming operations . These are not old SG ah longs if you pay back they swee. These are overseas based who will scam you and if you pay they will shake you more as their money tree . Ads, numbers , banks etc all helps . Obviously the debtors also must help themselves by reporting to police and end their roller coaster with illegal LS.

I understand, PM you later and we combine forces.

green72

Reaction score
Guys! New updates! They get my sister number!which I didn't give to them at all! Omg. Idk what to do now. They really finding for me. I'm reporting to the police now!
Firstly, stay calm. At most they can only verbally abuse your sister. Ask her install call blocker app.
Remind her to temporary block or increase privacy on her social media accounts.

They are out to get under your skin. If you and any NOK affected can block and ignore them and NOT pay, they will move on to other victims.

Tell your NOKs affected NOT to relent to their demands. They seemed desperate until taking to such measures to dig out your family info.

Go out, watch a movie, clear your head.

Stay strong, and try to stay calm.

Lionel5703

Reaction score
Please change your hp and ignore all msg from them. I used to have 20 ah long and around 80k debts. Ever since i change my hp and cut off connection with those ******, i cant say i total peace but at least after 2 paint job and few months of harassment i am living in peace now. Finally can see light from sky. Anyone going through now is nothing compare to mine, but i hope u guys listen to my advise, change your hp no. N ignore block all thier msg.

Hi i got ard 10k of debt from diffrent stall some i paid half way but cannot afford to pay them anymore can pls advise??

green72

Reaction score
Hi i got ard 10k of debt from diffrent stall some i paid half way but cannot afford to pay them anymore can pls advise??

The advice is always the same if you want to get out your situation.

1. Make Police report. Be honest don't lie. Getting in trouble with the law is worst than with LS.Details like bank account number LS gave you to transfer and phone no + any messages give Police.
2. STOP PAYING! Maybe you have not realised you are a cash cow to them and they will try to milk you dry!. Remember your reasons for taking a loan is to get out of financial problems but instead these LS get you into more problems.
3. Immediately,Now! Block them. ALL communications. Easiest change number but if cannot then install app Call Blocker and activate "block all calls except on call list"
4. Close bank account and open new one.
5. Install CCTV if can but remember to get approval from town council using police report. I installed my cctv same day I apply for TC approval. It takes a week but anything can happen 7 days b4 approval.
6. Inform NOK of your problem. Purpose is in case they get phonecalls and messages from LS they are prepared. Also to provide moral support for you.
7. Inform your workplace superiors. Same reason as point 6.
8. Call 999 for assistance if LS runners or suspicious persons is observed loitering outside your house. DON'T HESITATE. Nevermind if mistaken identity. Call first.

Don't feel guilty defaulting payment with LS. They are CRIMINALS and stop funding their illegal activities.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Try to settle up to principle by negotiating a longer term deal then change ur number after. Dont need to pay nth more.

Just report to Police and don't pay. That's the Only Way. I did it and so many others also did. Don't bother contacting them. Don't bother you still owe them half of the loan.

Nothing to feel guilty not paying them. They are criminals and will use the ill gotten money for other illegal activities.

Getting LS out of business makes our society a better place.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
I think a need to setup a sort of non-profit, volunteer based, sort of NGO to combat these online ads where some sort of database can be collate and passed on to the authorities if needed.

These illegal ads are having a field day pumping out adverts to would-be victims.Something or someone needs to reign in these ads. Whatsapp still remain dumb to not add a feature to filter out these ads.A simple feature to block messages not on call list will do.

Today I already received 3 WhatsApp loan advert from spoof phone numbers purpotely from Kenya. Cannot be the scam LS pass my number worldwide? I'm not any LS cash cow.

Last edited:

lonewolf909

Reaction score

Take down their bank account numbers bro and hand over to the police now . Stop paying , change numbers , inform your next of kin and workers and if needed install CCTV 30 bucks get a good one . Stop paying they will treat you like a cash tree and keep shaking . Cut of their bank supplies now bro .

Ironman34

Reaction score
I think a need to setup a sort of non-profit, volunteer based, sort of NGO to combat these online ads where some sort of database can be collate and passed on to the authorities if needed.

These illegal ads are having a field day pumping out adverts to would-be victims.Something or someone needs to reign in these ads. Whatsapp still remain dumb to not add a feature to filter out these ads.A simple feature to block messages not on call list will do.

Today I already received 3 WhatsApp loan advert from spoof phone numbers purpotely from Kenya. Cannot be the scam LS pass my number worldwide? I'm not any LS cash cow.

Hi Bro, it’s a good idea to help lessen the adverts but there is too many protocols to observed before anyone can do it. From experience, the best way is still for individuals to not have any connections whatsoever with these cyber LS.
If relating our stories and experience could bring the fear to most individuals and they can learn of the horrible methods and ways that LS is going to use, I think individuals even with lack of $$$ or even desperate will not think of going that way to obtain $$$. Yes it is difficult when $$$ problems crop up but going to LS is out of the question.
If out of 1,000 ppl, and only 1 or 2 still turn to these LS, our battle is already half won.
Al just my opinion.😁

Reaction score
Hi Bro, it’s a good idea to help lessen the adverts but there is too many protocols to observed before anyone can do it. From experience, the best way is still for individuals to not have any connections whatsoever with these cyber LS.
If relating our stories and experience could bring the fear to most individuals and they can learn of the horrible methods and ways that LS is going to use, I think individuals even with lack of $$$ or even desperate will not think of going that way to obtain $$$. Yes it is difficult when $$$ problems crop up but going to LS is out of the question.
If out of 1,000 ppl, and only 1 or 2 still turn to these LS, our battle is already half won.
Al just my opinion.😁

Police say I already do many news and publicity about this already but cases still keep coming, why?

Because these scammer are professional liars, evil and persausive when enticing you to take the loan, preying on the innocent who did not know they are scammers and illegal.

For far too long, everybody take a reactive approach to it. Oh you kenna loan shark ah? Must be desperate or "stupid" to borrow from these high interest guys but the reality with loan scam is, they even force loan and then exploit the fear of the people to pay.

Despite the many times, we the people here say DO NOT PAY, people will be so afraid and still pay. Not paying is counter intuitive to most normal Singapore people and they are often innocent, honest people who just wanted a simple loan but unfortunately they are trapped if they pay.

THIS MUST STOP!

Ironman34

Reaction score
Police say I already do many news and publicity about this already but cases still keep coming, why?

Because these scammer are professional liars, evil and persausive when enticing you to take the loan, preying on the innocent who did not know they are scammers and illegal.

For far too long, everybody take a reactive approach to it. Oh you kenna loan shark ah? Must be desperate or "stupid" to borrow from these high interest guys but the reality with loan scam is, they even force loan and then exploit the fear of the people to pay.

Despite the many times, we the people here say DO NOT PAY, people will be so afraid and still pay. Not paying is counter intuitive to most normal Singapore people and they are often innocent, honest people who just wanted a simple loan but unfortunately they are trapped if they pay.

THIS MUST STOP!

Bro, I can fully understand the frustration and anger when new victims appear due to scammed loan. I would rather feel that there is many worthy advets from our Police, friends and some even relatives telling and spreading news that Licence or Legal credit company is not allowed to put up adverts for their service. So those adverts are in fact illegal, but then why there is still victims?. That why I try to convey the need of educating ppl not to have any social platform interactions to prevent being exploited. Your thoughts are noble but the relevant support is not there. There is too many red tape that is preventing a total shut down of these adverts but then again it is going thru our SG GOV media and yet still happening and their simple reason is that business is done. In the first place the victim should not approached the LS and adding to insults the media company would say that they have also advertise in all form of platforms that victins should not borrow from LS. They treat that in a different manner and say it is 2 different things from adverts and their warning to ignore LS adverts. In another words, they are protecting their way of doing business as victims is not barred from borrowing as they have warned many times but no avail and that’s why victims keep appearing. So meaning there is no absolute method that advertisement will stop.
Just my opinion.

green72

Reaction score
Al just my opinion.😁
Sometimes feel like hiring pro hackers from the darkweb to disrupt and destroy this cyber LS business.

It became a personal vendetta of mine the day they began harassing my NOK back then.

Last edited:

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hey guys,

These ALs are trying their luck thru sms now. Like who's this, heyy its me. Need ur acc no. to return your money etc.

Idk how they get my new no. Imma try to change again when i have extra to spare.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

lonewolf909

Reaction score
Loan sharks Bank Acc

Hi

Can any recent debtors pm me those loan sharks Bank Account numbers ? Someone we helped staying in Eunos is no longer harrased and doing fine. The moment they give you a bank account pls PM me if you need help and always report to the police their bank account numbers .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.