[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka_eiji

Reaction score
Thanks both for the advice..

I am running the extended SMART test now and waiting for it to complete. The quick SMART test indicated that things are normal though and I could still copy files out from the HDD at the moment, so I am surprised that the DSM has reported the HDD crashed..

will share the extended SMART report after it completes.

I am tempted to change the NAS but these days, I am using it primarily to backup photos and stream movies to the tv.. to spend 300 - 500 on a complete system, a little heart pain.. haha

DesertStrike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys. I have ds418 and lg tv with web os 2.0. i googled and find out that lg web os 2.0 can't receive 4k over dlna. But can ds418 send 4k over dlna? So that i can just change tv? Also does router affects?

Wirasatria

Reaction score
Hi,

I intend to do some updating on my Synology. I am purely an end-user. Any contact for home service for my Synology system?

Thanks in advance

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys. I have ds418 and lg tv with web os 2.0. i googled and find out that lg web os 2.0 can't receive 4k over dlna. But can ds418 send 4k over dlna? So that i can just change tv? Also does router affects?

1. No.
2. No.

Any decent router will not have any issues. The problem lies with your TV.

I changed to a Samsung from LG and have no issue ever since

onizuka_eiji

Reaction score
Thanks both for the advice..

I am running the extended SMART test now and waiting for it to complete. The quick SMART test indicated that things are normal though and I could still copy files out from the HDD at the moment, so I am surprised that the DSM has reported the HDD crashed..

will share the extended SMART report after it completes.

I am tempted to change the NAS but these days, I am using it primarily to backup photos and stream movies to the tv.. to spend 300 - 500 on a complete system, a little heart pain.. haha

Completed the extended SMART test, strangely enough that the test results indicates that its normal..

160wwoj.png
[/IMG]

This seems to suggest that the HDD is working properly?

Scratching head.. Is it ok for me to just unplug and plug in the HDD again to try?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Completed the extended SMART test, strangely enough that the test results indicates that its normal..

160wwoj.png
[/IMG]

This seems to suggest that the HDD is working properly?

Scratching head.. Is it ok for me to just unplug and plug in the HDD again to try?

U can... Not a problem. Anyway u should expand the details and check on the results.

Anyway i have similar issue previously ended up is a main board issue and since my hdd is already out of warranty i can't do any swap. The hdd has clocked a number of reconnnect errors. Once i have replacement NAS the counter for this reconnect errors have no moved up since then.

However, due to this i cant sell my hdd.

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have lobang go get cheap 7200rpm hdd?

So far i noticed tradepac cheapest but wouldn't hurt to find somewhere else cheaper :)

For months, don't see online offer for Toshiba HDD that come close to Tradepac price. If no urgent need, wait for next round price cut. Was selling 30x and now dropped to 280.

onizuka_eiji

Reaction score
U can... Not a problem. Anyway u should expand the details and check on the results.

Anyway i have similar issue previously ended up is a main board issue and since my hdd is already out of warranty i can't do any swap. The hdd has clocked a number of reconnnect errors. Once i have replacement NAS the counter for this reconnect errors have no moved up since then.

However, due to this i cant sell my hdd.

Thanks.. by expanding the details, do you mean this?

2zg4spd.jpg

Does this indicate anything wrong with the drive? Not sure what does I/O error means..

Still not sure how could the drive crash and the SMART results shows that it is normal though.

160wwoj.jpg

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For months, don't see online offer for Toshiba HDD that come close to Tradepac price. If no urgent need, wait for next round price cut. Was selling 30x and now dropped to 280.

warranty period 2 years still for TP ?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. by expanding the details, do you mean this?

2zg4spd.png

Does this indicate anything wrong with the drive? Not sure what does I/O error means..

Still not sure how could the drive crash and the SMART results shows that it is normal though.

160wwoj.jpg

I/O errors? Looks like bad sector. That is the logs.

Storage Manager > HDD/SSD > Click on the affected disk > Health Info > S.M.A.R.T > S.M.A.R.T. Attribute > Details

DesertStrike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. No.
2. No.

Any decent router will not have any issues. The problem lies with your TV.

I changed to a Samsung from LG and have no issue ever since

Hmm.. bro, your no refers to which question...?
So... I am using asus ac87u. With ds418, i can send 4k over dlna right?

Thanks thanks

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i get a roku ultra to get the content from synology nas via dlna then hdmi to lg tv,will it work? I mean 4k content

why not just get any android box and simply install Plex / DSVideo on it? Works better than pure DLNA.

I have no idea how effective the roku will work.

Last edited:

yonkou

Reaction score
Anyone have lobang go get cheap 7200rpm hdd?

So far i noticed tradepac cheapest but wouldn't hurt to find somewhere else cheaper :)

Toshiba store at Lazada selling 10TB for $409, whereas at Bizgram they're selling $504 for 10TB
Can check it out

https://s.lazada.sg/s.fmnQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.