Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for highlighting, my bad on wrong info, this company can do 3months for the Sienta Hydrid, but rental increased to $540/WK.

Yes, for newbies better try out first, go for 1week or 1mth petrol car to test out.

The one go fleet offering low excess is focus rental, but 1yr contract, Honda Freed $93/day. Even after rebate, $72/day. Remember you need to pay this on your off day Better start with those $35-50 per day petrol car first.

Why fleet partner, cause renting from them allows you to enjoy rental rebates, that's all, got nothing to do with "safer" renting nor driving platforms (please note that all vehicle can use all platforms). Why 3rd party, usually they can offer very competitive prices and more flexible terms, like lower deposit, shorter term of contract,etc.

i would say min 5 wk plan for a start...see u like it or not
petrol or hybrid , grab or gj, etc etc only u urself can answer the question.....nvr try nvr know

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, there's no free lunch, you have to "earn" your rental rebate, for Grab 100 trips for 6% of your weekly fare(newbie start from Emerald tier) and Gojek 130pts for a fixed $150 rebate.

That's why fares rate for grab is very important, like 1 of the Bro here shown recently that his weekly fares hitting only around 1.2k, meaning you only can get roughly $72 rebate. But on the bright side, when you on high tier DT, you will get 8% rebate, and when you get a good weekly fares, it's possible to hit $200+ rebates. That's almost enuff to cover your weekly rental if you are on cheaper petrol car rental.

cannot agreed more!!!!!!!
must be discipline to make money
mast have sacrifice to have good income

bo pien this is the world we living in

go have my brunch 1st....Zzzzz

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually do you all make it a point to drive everyday??? Since rentals still paying to car rental company even if you choose to take a rest day. I can imagine it's not easy job behind the wheels, especially you get demanding riders, limiting hydration so won't need to go toilet often, irregular meals. If course there will likely be pros like freedom of being "self employed", flexible working hours, "owning" a personal vehicle.

Curious. Would you guys probably need to spend at least 5 hours a day to break even rental and other cost??

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Becos can one service cdg rental of $124 daily while working now? I cannot

Becos can one do $50 rental daily phv while working?
I can.

Stop comparing w taxi... It 2 different things.

And.. Have you seen a picture of a TD barely making $50 a day?.. No, becos no one will want to post it.

really ah?

i see teksi fb page

got one teksi uncker post he bought mini cooper

another post he titi hit 300 gross daily

another one sae he titi kanna grab msw bookings

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score

I can.

And.. Have you seen a picture of a TD barely making $50 a day?.. No, becos no one will want to post it.

Its does not mean it does not happen..

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score
really ah?

i see teksi fb page

got one teksi uncker post he bought mini cooper

another post he titi hit 300 gross daily

another one sae he titi kanna grab msw bookings

Sent from kthxbye using GAGT

Well...good for them. My TD frens will always suan me.and I remind them, to each his own.

There feens who earn $100 and their happy
Some earn $700 for Sat only say not enuff.

Stirling69

Reaction score
Spend long hours on the road will also bring unquantify side effect such as sciatica nerve problem. This one got money also difficult to cure fully.

Actually do you all make it a point to drive everyday??? Since rentals still paying to car rental company even if you choose to take a rest day. I can imagine it's not easy job behind the wheels, especially you get demanding riders, limiting hydration so won't need to go toilet often, irregular meals. If course there will likely be pros like freedom of being "self employed", flexible working hours, "owning" a personal vehicle.

Curious. Would you guys probably need to spend at least 5 hours a day to break even rental and other cost??

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cooper?
Purchase and keep home for display...
Where got time for personal usage, sleep also problem already....
Plying otr to make end meets.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was my dad relief (1 day during weekend) when he drive taxi. $50?? Really bey kan with flag down n taxi stands still make so little.

Why cannot compare? Of cos must compare cos if want to drive for living taxi is a better route. At least no 20% comm and last i heard the rental went down already. My dad days is already $108 for a old sonata. Now i heard $70+ also have.

I can.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

End of the day, is earn enough to cover rental and take back $ to family. Need to set a realistic value you wana achieve each day.... There are some days bad, no customer then take a break and go back earlier to be with family. Some days are good, in this situation either you also go back earlier or take a few more customers to cover back those bad days.

This is from the mouth of a full time taxi driver...
"Customer can never be fetch finish one. Leave it for another day, Long term strategy"

I see many young drivers chiong chiong.... chiong until have to report OP or worst hang up the keys at later stage. :(

FILTH

Master Member
Reaction score
I already kenah this and ankylosing spondylitis
Everyday is a struggle

Spend long hours on the road will also bring unquantify side effect such as sciatica nerve problem. This one got money also difficult to cure fully.

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was my dad relief (1 day during weekend) when he drive taxi. $50?? Really bey kan with flag down n taxi stands still make so little.

Why cannot compare? Of cos must compare cos if want to drive for living taxi is a better route. At least no 20% comm and last i heard the rental went down already. My dad days is already $108 for a old sonata. Now i heard $70+ also have.

Lol u qualify to call ppl bey kan meh? :s13:

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score
I already kenah this and ankylosing spondylitis
Everyday is a struggle

Its common with drivers... For sactica, sometimes the disc pressing the nerve will pop back and in to cause pain.

Surgery is an option but taking painkillers daily oso no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.