Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiriGiri

Reaction score
If they didn’t send you threats, I think it should be ok? Just block their number off since u have settled and they acknowledged?

Stay strong!
I'm afraid they will come to my house. Do LS give cash instead (if we refused the loan and they knew bank account already closed?)

veryrockbottom

Reaction score
Today one of the LS in frustration used a tactic that is new to me. He spammed my IC no. and Name with bank account number to multiple ppl including my NOK with the pretext i was the one asking ppl to take loan. Funny thing is the number that was used to spam was my own HP number!

Worried ppl might report me as the LS, i called my IO and he told me to close my bank account but he warned me that i would be arrested as the money loaned to me could make me an assistant in UML?? :s11::s11::s11:

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Today one of the LS in frustration used a tactic that is new to me. He spammed my IC no. and Name with bank account number to multiple ppl including my NOK with the pretext i was the one asking ppl to take loan. Funny thing is the number that was used to spam was my own HP number!

Worried ppl might report me as the LS, i called my IO and he told me to close my bank account but he warned me that i would be arrested as the money loaned to me could make me an assistant in UML?? :s11::s11::s11:
What is NOK?

GiriGiri

Reaction score
After I paid the trial loan in full now LS keep wassapp me about the big loan 20k to 30k and said already approved in their system. If I tell them I want to cancel the loan will they charge cancellation fee? If I report and block their number in wassapp will they come to my house instead to demand for the cancellation fee?

Heartyheart

Reaction score
You have closed down your bank account, there is no way they can transfer the money to you. They probably just testing you to see how you will react. All you need to do is just to block them off and ignore them. Since you don’t owe them anything they won’t bother to go and look for you..

After I paid the trial loan in full now LS keep wassapp me about the big loan 20k to 30k and said already approved in their system. If I tell them I want to cancel the loan will they charge cancellation fee? If I report and block their number in wassapp will they come to my house instead to demand for the cancellation fee?

GiriGiri

Reaction score
You have closed down your bank account, there is no way they can transfer the money to you. They probably just testing you to see how you will react. All you need to do is just to block them off and ignore them. Since you don’t owe them anything they won’t bother to go and look for you..

I know they acknowledged my full trial payment. But now they said they already approved my loan of 30k and to activate I need to trf $6000 on 26th June. My question is if i tell them i want to cancel the loan will they charge me cancellation fee and get violence? If I block them will they come to my residence? Please I'm so so stress I didnt sleep since last night

Heartyheart

Reaction score
Just block them off and not say anything. Dont reply anything to them. You never owe them any money so unlikely they will look for you. Even the part about asking you to transfer $6000 over is a scam..

If you have read through these thread here you will know the right thing to do. Do not be afraid..

I know they acknowledged my full trial payment. But now they said they already approved my loan of 30k and to activate I need to trf $6000 on 26th June. My question is if i tell them i want to cancel the loan will they charge me cancellation fee and get violence? If I block them will they come to my residence? Please I'm so so stress I didnt sleep since last night

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Just block them off and not say anything. Dont reply anything to them. You never owe them any money so unlikely they will look for you. Even the part about asking you to transfer $6000 over is a scam..

If you have read through these thread here you will know the right thing to do. Do not be afraid..

I'm very new here just joined 2 hours ago. Please tell me what I should do? I'm sure he will call me tmw. He said the loan will activate on 27th June and by 26th June I must deposit 6k

Spidie

Reaction score
Ask the loanshark go n f spider. Tell him you bankrupt Liao tomorrow going court. Want money come changi prison n get from you.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Messup

Reaction score
I'm very new here just joined 2 hours ago. Please tell me what I should do? I'm sure he will call me tmw. He said the loan will activate on 27th June and by 26th June I must deposit 6k

Just don’t reply or read their msg or answer their call.

Disappear from them and they will move on to others.

seowliao

Reaction score
I just got scammed on sat. Trf me $300 asked me pay $420 within 5 days and I make full payment today and the LS messaged me "trial loan closed". I also closed my bank account. After that keep messaging me to take 20k to 30k loan. Even though I've paid my loan full and they acknowledged received I'm still worried they will come to my house. Please advise. I'm stress

do you enquire for the loan in the 1st place ? what info have you given them to entice you to take a 20 to 30K loan ..

CloudClau

Reaction score

Hi GirlGirl

Stay calm girl , first u aldy closed your account so there is no way they can transfer the amt to you not to worry on this .

Chg your mobile phone number , u aldy paid them so they will not come n do your hse or call your next of kin . not to worry .

Report to the police , give the account number and contact to the police . You amt is too small for them to do anything to u dun worry . i got outstanding from 5 stalls amt to 5k in total i have paid them $3.6k rest i just let go liao so far peaceful for the 5th week .

Hang in there be strong so long u chg number and close account u will be okay

Need_help_

Reaction score
Just like everyone here said and also in all the past post,just block them and don’t need to message them anything. You’ve cleared the trial loan and you’ve done one of the important step that is to close your bank account so you’re safe and they can’t do anything funny like force transfer the money.

Don’t lose sleep over this,I think if you read through most of them will tell you that why would the LS lose money to pay someone to go to your house when you did not even owe them anything. If you’re really worried make a police report and if they do send anybody up your house then call 999.

Be strong.

GiriGiri

Reaction score
Hi GirlGirl

Stay calm girl , first u aldy closed your account so there is no way they can transfer the amt to you not to worry on this .

Chg your mobile phone number , u aldy paid them so they will not come n do your hse or call your next of kin . not to worry .

Report to the police , give the account number and contact to the police . You amt is too small for them to do anything to u dun worry . i got outstanding from 5 stalls amt to 5k in total i have paid them $3.6k rest i just let go liao so far peaceful for the 5th week .

Hang in there be strong so long u chg number and close account u will be okay

Yes but he insisted that I pay the 6k to activate the loan of 20k to 30k. I said no agreement he said already in the system and approved!!! I'm scared i lost focus. I didn't sleep 2 nites looking at the windows if anyone will come to my house spray paint or change my lock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.