Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here in Canada now, I had gotten the 6GB/128GB WiFi version (LTE version not sold here) for about 665SGD, comes with free Samsung AKG Y500 BT headphone. Thought it was the LTE version, dunno whether to return or keep it, but have 15 days to mull things over.

karloil

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the TPU case together with the free magnetic cover?

Anti-Slip-TPU-Case-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S5e-Transparent-30042019-02-p.jpg

Will the magnetic cover still stick to the S5e?

eting72

Reaction score
In the end they didn't take my iPad - I didn't notice that the front glass panel is starting to lift. So ended just getting one at retail price.

the trade up decent if your set is in mint condition. i was quoted 180 including the 100 overtrade for my s2 9.7 lte set. was deducted 50 due to a small dent.
i just walked away and managed to sell it on carousell for 240

bought my s5e 64gb wifi set during the shopee gss sale for <480 with voucher and credit card code plus shopback rebates

Last edited:

karloil

Reaction score
the trade up decent if your set is in mint condition. i was quoted 180 including the 100 overtrade for my s2 9.7 lte set. was deducted 50 due to a small dent.
i just walked away and managed to sell it on carousell for 240

bought my s5e 64gb wifi set during the shopee gss sale for 480 with voucher and credit card code plus shopback rebates

Yeah, would have been nice if my previous unit was in mint condition - the $100 trade-up value helps to offset the cost. But in the end, i only got the $60 discount.

mun

Reaction score
Of course tab s5e is better than mi pad 4 in term of specs, build quality and UI. Mi pad 4 wins in term of price.
So, your decision for either tab s5e or mi pad 4 will be specs vs cost?

kingkangkong

Reaction score
Dang.
I just got an iPad Air as a gift. I can't be using both tablets at the same time. I'm really wondering if I should let go of my s5e.

Any thoughts?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dang.
I just got an iPad Air as a gift. I can't be using both tablets at the same time. I'm really wondering if I should let go of my s5e.

Any thoughts?
Do u game more or watch videos more? If game more, keep the iPad Air. If you watch more videos than u game, keep the TAB S5E.

Sent from OPPO Reno 10x using GAGT

laeticia

Reaction score
Dang.

Any thoughts?

I bought and returned the ipad air while waiting for S5e. Can it be returned? Apple store gives a full refund within 14 days of purchase.

My reasons were: aspect ratio cos I watch alot of videos and I didn't like the screen quality.

Hths

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dang.

Any thoughts?

I feel apple can hold value. Samsung usually free fall after a while. Again it depends on urself. As in which aspect ratio u like and how u intend to use it

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was quite blown away by how premium the s5e felt

will probably get one to watch show, run emulators like redream etc

karloil

Reaction score
So i'm experimenting with cases right now. Purchased a cheapo TPU case and yes - even with the TPU case, the book case will still stick to the S5e. I don't like the sides of the tablet exposed as it's an easy target for dents. But due to the additional thickness, the book cover flap won't close flat - it will only be useful as a stand.

I have more cases coming on Friday - update you guys!

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
how good is this tablet if i were to use it for gaming?

and also, i wanna be able to charge and plug in earphones at the same time.

can i use a split usb type C dongle to plug in the charging cable and 3.5mm earphones at the same time?

cos i dun wish to use bluetooth earphones

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Hear say it’s very lagging.
I think gaming on Tab S4 is better than S5e

how good is this tablet if i were to use it for gaming?

and also, i wanna be able to charge and plug in earphones at the same time.

can i use a split usb type C dongle to plug in the charging cable and 3.5mm earphones at the same time?

cos i dun wish to use bluetooth earphones

JadziaK

Reaction score
Woohoo... Finally gotten my s5e 64GB wifi @$318 at 313 Somerset SES ($598-$60off-$100 overtrade-$120 trade in tab s2 LTE (2015))

Cant wait to set it up tonight...:D

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Is the S5e a good upgrade from S2 LTE? Thinking of trading my S2

mun

Reaction score
For me, yes cos my s2 battery is weak and had to use in power saving mode at all time. The trade-in of s2 for new tablet s5e is no brainier for my case :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.