NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Hello! I emailed MOE again and they said they really need the results ASAP as it was mentioned in the contract that we are to submit our results prior to the start of the contract teaching stint. As I did internship in my final sem, I don’t even have a complete transcript as the results are released on 15 July. But I did the best I can by asking CAO if they can email MOE with my final results and degree classification before the results release. I’m not sure how MOE will respond to this. But I tried the best I can.

So MOE hasn’t gotten back to you? I Would think that E transcript isn’t enough, the HR lady told me that the document has to show that “you have graduated from blah course with honours”. But I’m sure we do not have any of such documents till convocation. Any other fresh grad applicants can shed light on this? Thanks!

mayain

Reaction score
So MOE hasn’t gotten back to you? I Would think that E transcript isn’t enough, the HR lady told me that the document has to show that “you have graduated from blah course with honours”. But I’m sure we do not have any of such documents till convocation. Any other fresh grad applicants can shed light on this? Thanks!

I’m not sure which uni you’re from, but I think your final results should have a remark saying you’ve completed the degree you been taking.

Ma Me MOE

Reaction score
Anyone applied for BA / BSC (Ed)?

I'm a mid-career and applied BSC (Ed) back in February 2019. Went for the interview and the necessary tests. Still waiting for the outcome. Anyone in the same boat with me?

lonely_driver

Reaction score
Oh thanks! Yes, they should be able to produce an mc but I’m just afraid I might miss anything important from the itp.

its okay. the itp is more of introduction to teaching and what to expect during ur contract teaching. probably can ask ur classmates to help take notes or keep handouts for you.

Ma Me MOE

Reaction score
So long? Did u check ur status in careers web?
It says "in process" still. I guess it's a long stringent process. Received my Math Qualifying Test result 2 weeks back. Orientation for BA/BSC (Ed) should start in 2nd week of July. Shall call MOE up if no news from them by first week of July.

Jflrm6996

Reaction score
Not yet... I’ve emailed back and forth a few times and all they tell me is that there have been cases where undergrads are able to request an early release of their results. I’ve asked my school and they say that’s not possible.

darkonfire

Reaction score
Congratulations. When u get the email from moe to inform your interview?

I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.

Loveteaching

Reaction score
I'm not the person you replied to, but I received an SMS on 21 June, stating that they will call me the next day. Got the call as scheduled, then they'll ask you to confirm the teaching subjects you applied for. After confirmation, they'll give you an interview slot and ask whether you will be able to make it (it sounds like they're flexible and will offer you alternate slots if necessary). They'll then send you a comprehensive email listing the documents you need to bring and what you'll need to prepare (the 5 min teaching presentation, etc).

Hope you get your interview slot soon! My guess is that they're probably processing the applications in batches.

Congratulations and thank you for your information.

poppyave

Reaction score
Mine is on the upcoming Monday. Wonder how will the 5mins lesson presentation be like.

hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
hello! don't worry so much about the content of your teaching, but i think most importantly they are looking for patience and how you engage the "students"! sometimes they'll make things difficult for you so be prepared for that!
In my case, I was tested more on the content. There was no disturbance frm the panel at all. Instead they raised hands n asked qns and after the 5 min was over, quite a few qns were asked on my content. So I wld say, depending on the panel, to be on the safe side, be prepared for both class mgmt and content.

ryoko86

Reaction score
In my case, I was tested more on the content. There was no disturbance frm the panel at all. Instead they raised hands n asked qns and after the 5 min was over, quite a few qns were asked on my content. So I wld say, depending on the panel, to be on the safe side, be prepared for both class mgmt and content.

That's interesting. Which subject did you had to prepare for?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.