Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encounter this issue with google map app?

For starting point: i chose current location

Another location:i chose for example causeway point.

There is this msg display "finding best route" and its keep loading.

The route from my current location to causeway point willnt show.

But if i manually input my current location address, the map work fine. The route will straight away display from my input location to causeway point.
That's because the GPS in the CN rom is not tailored for sg. It will take a bit of time to lock on to your current location

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

lazy999

Reaction score
That's because the GPS in the CN rom is not tailored for sg. It will take a bit of time to lock on to your current location

Hmm, i try left it searching for 5min. Its still searching. Btw when i tap on the compass icon to locate my current location. Nothing happen. Your working?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go setting let app access location and choose battery save mode.. Using this mode it will not on GPS and depend on yr rough location. If u want accurate then on yr GPS.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, i try left it searching for 5min. Its still searching. Btw when i tap on the compass icon to locate my current location. Nothing happen. Your working?
Don't have this phone but experienced cn rom before on other xiaomi phones all the same

lazy999

Reaction score
Go setting let app access location and choose battery save mode.. Using this mode it will not on GPS and depend on yr rough location. If u want accurate then on yr GPS.

Thx for the advise.
I manage to solve it. Under google location accuracy, improve location accuracy, its being turn off. After i turn it on, i can find my current location straight away.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya! 1 or 2 items under declared for personal use is okay one! Nothing to worry unless you are importing more than 10 or 20 or few hundreds set! :s22:

haha, u should buy 1 too.... need your professional mobile photography review on k20. :D

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encounter screen flashing when open cam app? But photo looks ok when captured

Adelyte

Reaction score
Anyone encounter this issue with google map app?

For starting point: i chose current location

Another location:i chose for example causeway point.

There is this msg display "finding best route" and its keep loading.

The route from my current location to causeway point willnt show.

But if i manually input my current location address, the map work fine. The route will straight away display from my input location to causeway point.

U r having partial working gps issue. Try clear cache for Google map and Google services.

It suppose to work as per normal if installed correctly.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem.

Those with gps issue need to clear cache for Google map app and or reinstall
But you still need to enable GPS for apps like BusLeh or grab to work properly right?

Adelyte

Reaction score
But you still need to enable GPS for apps like BusLeh or grab to work properly right?

No need enable. Use mobile data agps can work also.

Those who need lock physical GPS then can work, means it's partial working google map. Clear cache usually sort that issue.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys may I know what yr discharge current? U can install Ampere and see the discharge current. Thx

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Settings > Manage Apps > Maps
83O2y2Rl.png

Set to these options after that enter permissions
Gv9GIfKl.png

Sent from Tokyo-3 (NERV) using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.