Anyone has a maid at home?

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays chances if one maid can complete their 2 years contract can consider one a lucky employer. lol

yes indeed... nowadays, those maids are different from last... last time those maids really come SG work just to earn money to give their parents or kids a better life.

now, these maids who come , some already have iphone, facebook, IG etc... they are merely here just to pass time and earning money is secondary.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good Indonesian maid agency to recommend to take care of elderly bed bound patient?

Cheongster

Reaction score
Any good Indonesian maid agency to recommend to take care of elderly bed bound patient?
Sorry I don't have any experience with an agency for elderly to be able to recommend you something.

However, I am currently working on something that might be able to help you manage your helper when you get her. You can take a look at https://helpersmama.com/.

Would love to have your feedback on what you think. Thanks.

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
Better not engage..my friend CCTV saw maid beat child at home..his wife quit her 4k job to become housewife...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to all experts and owners,

is there such a rule where if the maid less drawn from her ex-employer is $600, i need to follow suit? i recently change a new maid and was surprised there is such ruling. She is an Indo btw.

The standard is minimum $600 which would be effective lately it seem.

My sister mentioned that when the maid returned last month (given 2 weeks emergency leave while on contract) and a new term in contract is $600 minimum.

xingivehelps

Reaction score
My helper

My helper have been with me for the past 8 years. I do provide her a phone so that she can calls home. With helpers, we must always let them know our dos and don't. Cannot take for granted. Just be patience with your helper! I would recommend the agency that i use. https://ablebest.com.sg/ Give it a try bah no harm. They are really patient with good service.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My helper have been with me for the past 8 years. I do provide her a phone so that she can calls home. With helpers, we must always let them know our dos and don't. Cannot take for granted. Just be patience with your helper! I would recommend the agency that i use. https://ablebest.com.sg/ Give it a try bah no harm. They are really patient with good service.
Self marketing?

Reaction score
I have chosen not to have a maid since my last one left. I see a lot of issues with having them - hear so many stories of them stealing etc. Just decided it’s easier without

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi any one encounter maid want to borrow money for her family ?
A few k like this...do u all lend?

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently have an indo maid.

Pros:

1) love kids alot. my youngest daughter tends to stick more to her.
2) can touch and eat pork. because she's Buddhism.
3) My money put everywhere she don't take..small change like a few dollars.
4) cooks well. not as good as me but there is always room for improvement.
5) very hardworking helper.

Cons:

1) she misses home alot. she got one daughter. tends to have a "once in a blue moon" cry and all.
2) she might forget about certain things i remind her.
3) her understanding of english still not up to standard yet.. she's with us for 3yrs already. i guess most indo maid are lidat.
4) she can be stubborn at times.. must talk in a nicer approach..den she get it.. hard way she can't.

My parents taught me, if you treat your maid well, she will treat you and your kids well also.

meawhile i'm still trying to convince her to stay as long as i can support her. because i'm getting too used of not doing household chores. :s13:

Cjhlim8A

Reaction score
My current helper also love my kid but i found she is too stick to my kid, sometimes trend to treat her as her own daughter...

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
Hi any one encounter maid want to borrow money for her family ?
A few k like this...do u all lend?

My prev maid of 4 years asked for salary advance of 1 month saying the Filipino floods affected her family...she repayed me slowly month by month but I suspect she used the money to apply for Russian cleaner position.

Any she is in Russia now after 4 years with me. I even gave her 1 mth bonus as a parting gift. I thought she was coming back to Sg to another employer then who could afford her asking pay raise to S$650-700. I had helped her write a recommendation letter.

She says in Russia, her pay is S$1300 plus and only needs to work as a cleaner from 9-7pm. I am happy for her and we still keep in touch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.