Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

seowliao

Reaction score
I can't emphasise enough to change your number and don't engage them.
The cancellation fee is a loan scam. You must walk away from it, report police and change account. Ask bank to reverse the money and never do it yourself.

stay low and get your life back. Lesson learned

agree..ask bank to reverse the money..NEVER do it yourself..

polarinda

Reaction score
I’ve been following this forum the past couple of days and I’m glad im not alone in this. Mine started abt 3 weeks ago, stupidly gave my information to enquire and was made to take a loan of $500 payable $700 in one week. Their excuse was need to check my credibility and see if i can pay before they can grant me a higher loan. Told me to text tjem 1 day b4 my due date ie on Tuesday to inform them i will clear full. One day b4 my due date was a Tuesday which was vesak day and thinking it was a ph, i texted them on Monday to tell them i will clear full on that Monday. They say cannotmust wait till Wednesday. One Tuesday abt 11pm i texted them to inform I will clear full on Wednesday and asked for thier acc number. Guy called Albert texted me acc number asked me to pay $250. I said dowan will pay all $700 and i trf the amt. called me to say my payment defaulted bcos i nvr follow instructions to text them 1 day before, when in actual fact i did but he said said my text came in too late office close! I told him how the hell i know their office was opened even on ph. Said no cannot help my $ gone. I demanded to talk to his boss and was referred to ifiot called thomas who said the same thing. Say they are processing highercloan for me but i need to trf again $700 by the following Wednesday which was last week. While chatting with him on friday, received another text from guy called glenn ask if i can support his business by taking a loan. I told him no bcos I’ve just be cheated by this Albert and thomas and he said one bad apple does not mean whole bunch is bad. Fast forward and due to his sweet talked, forced trf $600 to me and said payment $800 by next Friday (which was last week) and he will process higher loan for me.

On Tuesday (which was 1 day b4 my due date with thomas), i received a whatsapp text from another number asking me to pay my loan full by 11 am to some acc number. Bcos I know my payment not due till Wednesday i f**d him and asked him to go to hell. He kept quiet the whole day. I still diligently texted thomas and Albert saying I’m giving my 1 day notice as requested by their stupid policy to inform them I will clear my loan on Wednesday. Seen zone only. Then on Wednesday, Thomas texted me using the same number as the day b4 asking me to pay before 12 and gave me acc number. I trf and he called to say my payment invalid bcosbi mever trf on Tuesday when he texted!! Wth!! I got so mad i f**d him upside down then he told me he AL. Told me will contact my nok. Ibtildbhim go ahead as I was otw to make police report. Albert then called my nok and got f**d by my nok!! We both proceeded to make police report and i spammed and blocked both their numbers. And all these whilebibwas updating to glenn whatever happened so as to show him im not joking. Even screenshot my police report to show him. Gave me some emphatic words and assured me he’s not like them.

Now come last Friday, i texted glenn for his acc number. Gave me excuses mtg la havent reached office la having lunch la. Finally gave me acc number abt 3 plus. I trd, he texted to say my higher loan docs being prepared but need me to trf another $200 deferment loan. I f**d him, spammed and blocked his number. Nownim just waiting see if thomas will text me tmr for another $700!!

Haiz, all my fault itchy la want to enquire. In the end, got scammed and extorted!!

I can't believe you went on and engage these scums.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Loan shark more afraid of you than you of them, becos they are illegal. If caught, 5 years, $50,000 fine and 6 strokes. The people who do harassment are debtors, ordinary folks you, who were duped into doing their work in the hope that they will not be harassed or that their family will not find out. In the end sure get caught becos of 100,000 police cameras in Singapore. DO NOT give your ATM card to Loan Sharks. Sure get caught and high possibility of jail term.

Business model of Loan sharks IS NOT lend u money and earn interest. They make money by blackmail and harassment to squeeze money from you. Meaning, u no borrow also say u borrow and even $500 loan can squeeze you to give $10,000 as long as you can beg and borrow from friends and relatives to give to them.

How to deal with them :
1) make police report at the nearest police post to your hse with their threatening msgs as proof. ask police to patrol your block more frequently
2) change phone nbr if possible, if not, do not take their calls or open their watsapp msgs. DO NOT communicate with them.
3) tell the people staying in your hse that you are a VICTIM, who had foolishly borrowed from loan sharks and regret your actions and will change over a new leaf. Warn them that they (and/or your neighbours) make receive threatening phone calls or letters. Ignore such communication becos these are empty threats.

If you borrowed becos of gambling problem or lifestyle issues, seek help. I personally am a volunteer at One Hope Center, a non-profit Public Charity, that helps gambling addicts (through counselling). All activities at OHC, including counselling sessions, are free. There are other such organisations like Adullam, Blessed Grace, but not sure whether there is need to pay anything

Old school ah long is loan and earn money tru high interest la..those scam one is new type of ah long...play NVR by rules mostly from Malaysia.

Davidtan471

Reaction score
Hi

Today I enquired a loan adv and texted him in WhatsApp
The person requested me to send photo of front n back so I did send but less than a few mins I faster deleted from the WhatsApp conversation and told the guy I not interested to take up a loan anymore as in my heart I feel fishy about it
So the person keep on saying Im playing with him for making enquiry and not taking the loan.
And they keep on harass me and end up want me to take a loan from me which I keep on reject
I block the guy number but I'm very curious how come the guy can get hold of my house number even though I never give it to him ? I already Lodge a police report after he send me house burning video in whatsapp
This guy have a Malaysian accent

Can anybody give me advice on this ?
Thanks so much

Davidtan471

Reaction score
Just to add on
They said if I don't wan to take a loan from then I have to pay them 1000 for the cancellation fee
Which I told them I never ask to proceed with the loan and sign any documents with them then why should I pay this cancellation fee

Hope can get some advice here

polarinda

Reaction score
Just to add on
They said if I don't wan to take a loan from then I have to pay them 1000 for the cancellation fee
Which I told them I never ask to proceed with the loan and sign any documents with them then why should I pay this cancellation fee

F care him

polarinda

Reaction score
To eradicate LS harassing, town councils should improve security at hdb blocks.

Resident cards scanning at 1st floor lift entries, stairs entry gates. All valid visitors should be brought up by residents. If you are not visiting, you shouldn't go up.
Plus hired security patrols at void decks.

This should reduce runner activities.

Simple to implement.

Last edited:

seowliao

Reaction score
would love to see more polis camera installed.

think i trust camera rather than human..after all the good experience

seowliao

Reaction score
when people are still responding to those loan advertisements , sms , whatsapps ... when will this go away ???

CloudClau

Reaction score
Just to add on

Hi

Dont need to bother abt them , do any online spf report . just report as scam will do , you did not provide NOk , singapass and account number right ?

Davidtan471

Reaction score
Hi

Dont need to bother abt them , do any online spf report . just report as scam will do , you did not provide NOk , singapass and account number right ?

Nope lucky thing is I never provide any of the above but just curious how they manage to get hold of my house number even though never give them ?

Thanks for your advice as I already made police report le

seowliao

Reaction score
Nope lucky thing is I never provide any of the above but just curious how they manage to get hold of my house number even though never give them ?

Thanks for your advice as I already made police report le

you might want to disable paynow, if any and keep a look out for any strangers loitering around your unit..just be vigilant

lonewolf909

Reaction score
LS BANK ACC

Update 2 individuals who was conned by LS reported the LS bank acc to the police and report on iWitness the next two following days . Both blocked the numbers and when they unblocked the LS make threats and give them another acc number again they reported to the police and iwitness again. Its been 2 weeks and no harassments .

Do what is advised by the people here ( Police report, cctv, block, inform nok companis etc) but be pro active in sending the police their bank accounts and try to cut of their bank supplies

Most likely everyone received the same bank acc numbers so if you keep reporting and everyone does it they will go into suffocations and less or no harrasments.

to debtors dont help LS please and ignore them and make police report now especially their bank accounts . NO banks they cant work these whatsapp LS dont dare to meet you

Cheer

SaltyKKJ

Reaction score
To eradicate LS harassing, town councils should improve security at hdb blocks.

Resident cards scanning at 1st floor lift entries, stairs entry gates. All valid visitors should be brought up by residents. If you are not visiting, you shouldn't go up.
Plus hired security patrols at void decks.

This should reduce runner activities.

Simple to implement.

like that u stay condo sua.

richsg300

Reaction score
I kana once from the LS after my holiday trip reached home midnight and found out that they, super glue my metal gate on the outside but they forgot to super on the inside which I manage to open and go home. Borrow was from 4th floor, which i stay on the upper floor.

seowliao

Reaction score
pls take note of these e reporting..will come in handy.

00686fO.jpg

i-witness (no need singpass login) is useful for reporting those spamming phone numbers .

https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/report/police-report

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.