Getting to Alishan from Chiayi

keroro

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to go to Alishan from chiayi for a group of 4.
Is taking a bus recommended or should i get a taxi for all 4.

Planning to take hsr from taipei to chiayi, then proceeding to alishan and stay for one night before coming down the next day.

That should not be too rushed right?

Is feng qi hu a good resting point or should i go all the way straight up?

Thanks

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to take hsr from taipei to chiayi, then proceeding to alishan and stay for one night before coming down the next day.

Thanks

Actually 4 pax book a driver or take taxi is more worth cos share cost. Unless you prefer diy for the experience.
If you hire driver, you can go straight to Alishan. Next day go see sunrise and hike the trail before coming down to FQH to Chaiyi/Taipei.
Chaiyi to alishan by bus about 2.5hr.

bmc7337

Reaction score
For me and my group of friends we took a bus... It was ok but the ride was long (hours)

BTSonic

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks

Hi, i m planning a trip to go Alishan also.
Since u r going to Alishan fr Taipei, may i know whether u r bringing all ur luggages with u or u r just bringing an overnight bag with u to alishan? If u r just brining an overnight bag, where do u intend to park ur luggages?

kevin301

Reaction score
Hi, i m planning a trip to go Alishan also.
Since u r going to Alishan fr Taipei, may i know whether u r bringing all ur luggages with u or u r just bringing an overnight bag with u to alishan? If u r just brining an overnight bag, where do u intend to park ur luggages?

This is entirely up to you ba.
Some people would rather travel light; some people would want to bring all their luggage for fear of forgetting to bring something. It really depends on you.
If you are going back to Taipei and staying at the same hotel, perhaps the hotel can store the remainder of your luggage. If not, the hotel might still be willing to help you keep some items, or you'll have to find some longer-term luggage storage solutions.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I roamed around before ending up back at Chiayi HSR stn. Returned car and headed to Taipei :)

It's the same rate to return car back at Taipei.
I rather drive all the way back.
Save on your HSR tickets which is not going to be cheap.
可以開西濱61道路。

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me and my group of friends we took a bus... It was ok but the ride was long (hours)

I went during the peak period.
Going up was okay.
But coming down, was crazy.
Packed like sardines.
But of course in the bus, the view on the left side was a great sight like in Cingjing.

Typically peak season is during Feb till end March though.

kevin301

Reaction score
It's the same rate to return car back at Taipei.
I rather drive all the way back.
Save on your HSR tickets which is not going to be cheap.
可以開西濱61道路。

hmm good point. Didn't consider that option.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.