Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok so whats the exact problem with 9t pro ? damn i feel like buying the china rom version now instead of waitin for global if grab google pay google map nfc all working?
Problem is u need to wait for global.. Dun know when will come plus now shortage of Sd855 cpu..the MI9T pro suspose to launch with mi9t.. But because cpu shortage that's why no

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya bought to try it up. Regret didnt buy the highest spec. See if any takers den i go upgrade

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm damn tempted to buy the k20 pro now lol but im afraid of flashin it to global rom when out as nv flash be4 lol

clintonccy

Reaction score
ok so whats the exact problem with 9t pro ? damn i feel like buying the china rom version now instead of waitin for global if grab google pay google map nfc all working?

Your Google Pay mileage may vary, I keep trying to add my cards from 2 different banks and both failed. Factory resetted twice, completely stock (not rooted/unlocked), but Google Pay says that I need to call my bank each time I add my cards, but when I call both banks, they say that there's no issues on my account.

I can still re-add my cards back to my old phone, so definitely a Redmi K20 Pro bug.

EDIT: Contacted Google support, they say my phone is not passing verification, even though its brand new and out of the box, they escalated the case and I'm waiting for them to reply.

Last edited:

Adelyte

Reaction score

So far all is working fine. I dun have WhatsApp notification issue also.

What else u need? :)

Adelyte

Reaction score
Your Google Pay mileage may vary, I keep trying to add my cards from 2 different banks and both failed. Factory resetted twice, completely stock (not rooted/unlocked), but Google Pay says that I need to call my bank each time I add my cards, but when I call both banks, they say that there's no issues on my account.

I can still re-add my cards back to my old phone, so definitely a Redmi K20 Pro bug.

EDIT: Contacted Google support, they say my phone is not passing verification, even though its brand new and out of the box, they escalated the case and I'm waiting for them to reply.

Which bank card did u use? Master or Visa or amex?

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually will the social apps or chatting apps got issue or not depends on how much is using it, if you are opening it up and chatting once every 5-10 min then you won’t have issue as the system has not time to hibernate or kill off the app,

The issue only comes for those hardly touch the app and maybe only open it to check once 30-60 mins that’s when the hibernate or killing will occur .

Easiest if you have a 6gb model or 4gb model but don’t do intensive app is to lock the app that will prevent it from hibernating or been kill off, but downside is lesser ram to use. Also high battery consumption.

So far all is working fine. I dun have WhatsApp notification issue also.

What else u need? :)

Adelyte

Reaction score
Actually will the social apps or chatting apps got issue or not depends on how much is using it, if you are opening it up and chatting once every 5-10 min then you won’t have issue as the system has not time to hibernate or kill off the app,

The issue only comes for those hardly touch the app and maybe only open it to check once 30-60 mins that’s when the hibernate or killing will occur .

Easiest if you have a 6gb model or 4gb model but don’t do intensive app is to lock the app that will prevent it from hibernating or been kill off, but downside is lesser ram to use. Also high battery consumption.

Can't say for sure delay notification for WhatsApp is due to China rom.

My Bros Samsung s10plus local set also got such issue out of the box.

Same for iPhone some users also got delayed notification

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score

Then there are huge problems with the rom/os procedures. That's not how android push notifications supposed to work

mahcosg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue for notifications. Im using it like any other Android phone

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is mi 9t released? i see $499 on qoo10

wow, DJI Osmo Action rocksteady is impressive :eek:
look like better than go pro 7. :s11:

I had the hero 7. rocksteady is better. If you run with hero 7 and there are sudden movements, there will be jerking. So far no such issue with osmo. see this video at 9min mark

Osmo has lens correction and stabilization at 4k 60fps

For gopro you can only choose 1

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Redmi's competitor, Honor, will be rebranding their flagship Honor 20 series as the Huawei Nova 5T series.. :s13:
gsmarena_002.jpg

Very similar strategy as Redmi rebranding their flagship Redmi K20 series as the Xiaomi Mi 9T series. :o

eddy0505

Reaction score
Redmi's competitor, Honor, will be rebranding their flagship Honor 20 series as the Huawei Nova 5T series.. :s13:
gsmarena_002.jpg

Very similar strategy as Redmi rebranding their flagship Redmi K20 series as the Xiaomi Mi 9T series. :o[/QUOTE

Was ready to downgrade to mi cc9 (the one with flip camera like Asus Zenfone 6) but turns out it's just another k20 with notch. Zzz. Guess I'll stick to this baby for a while more.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.