GRABPay MasterCard

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
Initial observation:

1. An initial test transaction of RM1 payment resulted in a $0.34 deduction. At first look, the overseas transaction rate does not look fantastic, was hoping that it could rival Youtrip.

2. However, now there is an avenue for us to empty our grabpay balances, i think that's a fair trade assuming that we only use it for local transaction.

3. OTP for payment are received almost instantly, payment details are also updated instantly in Grab app after payment is done. In general UX feels polished.

4. Up to 10x reward points per $1 spend is really good especially if you are using it for bill payment, everybody can become a Platinum member in no time. I have a feeling this reward will be reduced in the near future once it gained momentum. A $200 spend will give you enough point to exchange for a $5 worth of vouchers (assuming you are already a Platinum) member. This translate to a 2.5% cashback. Very decent! In addition, you also enjoy all Platinum perks.

madtari

Master Member
Reaction score
No thread started because this is not yet official launched yet isn't it? They will start with Citi on a co-brand card in PH first...
How to sign up for early access to Grab virtual credit card?
https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/20...ore-grabpay-balance-throughout-southeast-asia

Surprised that nobody started this thread yet.
Seems like grab quietly launch their own virtual card.

Apart from the ability to utilize grabpay balance to pay bill and earn up to 10x reward points per dollar spent, not sure what other advantages are there.

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
No thread started because this is not yet official launched yet isn't it? They will start with Citi on a co-brand card in PH first...
How to sign up for early access to Grab virtual credit card?

In my case, i got a notification pop up offering this new "Grabpay Mastercard" and it says it's for selected user only, maybe that's why.

Then i need to proceed to upload my NRIC and do an "enhanced verification" by using Singpass login.

Once that's done, the card is automatically enabled on my account under the wallet, and navigate to Setting to view the credit card details. It's exactly as described in the website above.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I clicked on my Balance and it brings me to the GraPay page where there is a widget box below asking me to verify my identity with SingPass. I guess once I've done that the Grabpay Mastercard will come up?

lol. Not gonna hookup my national ID with Grab.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my case, i got a notification pop up offering this new "Grabpay Mastercard" and it says it's for selected user only, maybe that's why.

Then i need to proceed to upload my NRIC and do an "enhanced verification" by using Singpass login.

Once that's done, the card is automatically enabled on my account under the wallet, and navigate to Setting to view the credit card details. It's exactly as described in the website above.

any idea what u last did before it gets triggered?

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
any idea what u last did before it gets triggered?

Hmm, nothing out of ordinary. It came in a notification message and i just followed the instruction.

dHsWpzK.jpg

vbN8JVb.jpg

JoLjfMq.jpg

q0LIwTd.jpg

Last edited:

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
yes, i only took once in the morning, i got the notification later in the afternoon. don't think that's a trigger though.

ixoral

Reaction score
I signed up for their PayLater service, cos they are currently giving rebates if u use them. It’s like a credit card system too, u charge to grab first and then settle it at end of month. Anyone using this too?

I’m an active user of grab too but I didn’t get the invite for grab virtual card

ice_angel

Reaction score
I got the PayLater service too.. maybe those given PayLater will not be offered for the Grab mastercard trial?

yiron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Wanna sign up for this but no option. Sigh. Prepaid virtual cards are quite common these days - is there a need for closed beta? At least open beta la..

dhwang_best

Reaction score
Today just saw the option to enable the GrabPay virtual Mastercard.

Yes, required verification for funding sources weeks ago

BTW, currently this virtual card can spend online only. They will issue physical card later.

Those who got, did u guys verify your GrabPay prior?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.