Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

limchooc

Reaction score
Sing Finance and investment offering 1.95% for 50k and above, 1 year tenure. Not on webpage. Call them

Really miss this finance company after they move their branch from Clementi to Jurong East. :(

Last edited:

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FOMC (Jun 2019)

Fundamentals will change soon.

Lock in current rates now for longer term if possible.

ahchan

Reaction score
Hi, For those who has deposited to the RHB bank (2.18% promotion), can I check if there is any Internet Banking access provided ?

TIA.

elmohootbigbird

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
funding for the RHB is stupid. they say only cash or check. and if check it has to be by 3pm today to make it. otherwise cash only.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi, For those who has deposited to the RHB bank (2.18% promotion), can I check if there is any Internet Banking access provided ?

TIA.
no internet banking if only open FD account.

the wait to process the FD document like Malaysia banks, take hours of waiting.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
funding for the RHB is stupid. they say only cash or check. and if check it has to be by 3pm today to make it. otherwise cash only.

i just use cashier order from other banks. Other banks also got cut off timing, if I am not wrong is 2-230pm

if later than 3pm, open by cheque also possible, however the FD tenure will only starts on the next working day.

Last edited:

darrenyc

Reaction score
no internet banking if only open FD account.

the wait to process the FD document like Malaysia banks, take hours of waiting.

did my FD today at RHB; the counter lady said need to open a savings act. min $500 to have internet banking..

daxiong88

Reaction score
for SC, the Priority welcome perks are for "new to bank" customers only, conditions apply ... so no loss really

Anyone deposited into CIMB fixed deposit before? These are the T&Cs for fresh funds:

> “Fresh Funds” refers to funds in the form of non-CIMB Bank cheques, cashier’s orders or demand drafts as well
as all other funds that are not transferred from any CIMB Bank accounts.

> The Fresh Funds criteria does not apply for placements made via CIMB Clicks Internet Banking or via the online
application form on CIMB’s website.

Does it mean if I FAST transfer from another bank it will be considered as fresh?

Yes.

But FD application made via CIMB Clicks Internet Banking do not need fresh funds.

elmohootbigbird

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just use cashier order from other banks. Other banks also got cut off timing, if I am not wrong is 2-230pm

if later than 3pm, open by cheque also possible, however the FD tenure will only starts on the next working day.

in the end i went to the bank withdraw cash and walked to RHB. got it done on Friday evening.

on the side note, i spoke to the bank people and asked if the promo is gonna be extended. they told me on Friday that the bank confirmed on Friday itself that the promo will not be extended. i am guessing there's some uncertainty on the Fed's upcoming action.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.