Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartyheart

Reaction score
I face the same issue as you. As advised by everyone here, go and make a police report, close your bank account, and ignore/block all their messages/calls and close down all social media for the time being. If possible, change numbers. Install cctv at your door, if can. Never ever pay them anymore.

All they can do is threaten you through texts and calls.

Stay strong and be vigilant.
Hi guys ,

Anyone defaulted payment from UML? I have borrowed from few lenders and now I really can’t pay anymore .
Total about 5k . Everyweek I can just defer and defer as not enough to clear

I just stopped paying them which was due today and they are spamming calls and message now to me and my NOkz

Can advise should I stop paying them .

Will they really come up to my place to collect ?
It’s not legal right and Can i call the police ..
Really need some advice . Very stress

mrNotsoehgan

Reaction score
Police told me to try to get bank account because can help in their investigation ... Then said inform bank about the amount and cancel card and i already do so ... Money dont give back first because bank side can track which atm this kind of thing

icemat

Reaction score
I face the same issue as you. As advised by everyone here, go and make a police report, close your bank account, and ignore/block all their messages/calls and close down all social media for the time being. If possible, change numbers. Install cctv at your door, if can. Never ever pay them anymore.

All they can do is threaten you through texts and calls.

Stay strong and be vigilant.

Thanks for the advice . Did yours come up to cause any trouble at your home or office yet ?
I think they will but it’s just a matter of when..

seowliao

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice . Did yours come up to cause any trouble at your home or office yet ?
I think they will but it’s just a matter of when..

you should make a polis report ASAP and hand over all those account numbers and contact numbers..
Inform your NOK and monitor any suspicious characters loitering outside your unit..

icemat

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice . Have already informed my NOK.
Will make a police report.

you should make a polis report ASAP and hand over all those account numbers and contact numbers..
Inform your NOK and monitor any suspicious characters loitering outside your unit..

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Anyone defaulted payment from UML? I have borrowed from few lenders and now I really can’t pay anymore .
Total about 5k . Everyweek I can just defer and defer as not enough to clear

I just stopped paying them which was due today and they are spamming calls and message now to me and my NOkz

Can advise should I stop paying them .

Will they really come up to my place to collect ?
It’s not legal right and Can i call the police ..
Really need some advice . Very stress

Hi i also stop payment for the 5th week so far still peaceful for me no calls to office and NOK .

1. Make a police report
2.Close bank account
3.close all social media (fb n insta)
4.Chg number (remember to exit all grp chat and ask to add back do not just use whatapps as chg number .
5. Install CCTV at your door frame anything outside the door frame u need HDB approval
6.Inform NOK u got scammed
7.Inform Office

Be calm and stay strong . Talk to us here we will help u tru .

icemat

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the advice , for your case did you pay back more than the amount you loan already?

Hi i also stop payment for the 5th week so far still peaceful for me no calls to office and NOK .

1. Make a police report
2.Close bank account
3.close all social media (fb n insta)
4.Chg number (remember to exit all grp chat and ask to add back do not just use whatapps as chg number .
5. Install CCTV at your door frame anything outside the door frame u need HDB approval
6.Inform NOK u got scammed
7.Inform Office

Be calm and stay strong . Talk to us here we will help u tru .

seowliao

Reaction score
scammers are back to spam again..
Please help to spread awareness..
- DO NOT RESPOND !
- DO not kaypoh to reply "UNSUB"
- Take screen shot , block and delete

polarinda

Reaction score
Loan scammers are basically extortionists. You are dealing with criminals. Don't be afraid.

Change numbers, accts , close social media and inform NOKS and install cctvs.

Nothing to fear!

Last edited:

mrNotsoehgan

Reaction score
Hi all .. Update is the person use another number to whatsapp me and sent me an account number ... Have passed to police .. But the person said he is not afraid of police and he will come my house to find my family then if his bank account freeze i will be responsible and they got power to take things from my house of value .. Anyway police say just ignore

polarinda

Reaction score
Hi all .. Update is the person use another number to whatsapp me and sent me an account number ... Have passed to police .. But the person said he is not afraid of police and he will come my house to find my family then if his bank account freeze i will be responsible and they got power to take things from my house of value .. Anyway police say just ignore

Why are u still using same number to engage them? Change number so they cant play mind games with you.

MissAAA

Reaction score
Hello guys. Just wanna ask if any of you here have engage SALC for their services? They will help to stop harrasment by the ls. If anyone does, can help and share abit of your experience? Cause the fees they charging are quite high.

I did few years ago. It was 500+ i think, that time. I dont know how or what they did. But those people disturbing me actually stopped. But i also reported to the police. And had to go for investigation as well. But so far, all is okay now.

I hope everything goes well with you too

n0isyEsc0bar

Reaction score
Lol, u sound like u deserve what u have gotten yourself into. Even in difficult times, u do not make decisions logically. Its people like you who keep all these LS alive.

I choose not change number because number got meaning to be. I choose to take harassment for this choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.