Wifi Router VS Sim Card

jarodjj

Reaction score
I just want to know, which is better to use in Taiwan, in terms of usage and cost.

I am not sure to get the wifi router or get the actual SIM card when I am destination.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just want to know, which is better to use in Taiwan, in terms of usage and cost.

I am not sure to get the wifi router or get the actual SIM card when I am destination.

Thanks in advance.

Inside wifi router there is a sim card.
Wifi router good for small group, sim card good for personnel use.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

use sim card ...
use router have to go to the airport to collect, then come back must return back to them ... if lost the device, have to pay for the device ...

have to stick together as a group, else no signal lol ...

ZeroTear

Master Member
Reaction score
sim card better
since now most phone allow u to slot 2 sim card in 1 phone

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Sometimes in the train the wifi router might lose signal. Not sure about the sim card.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes in the train the wifi router might lose signal. Not sure about the sim card.

I use sim card and wifi router, there is no signal problem when I take HSR/TRA/bus and when I'm at cingjing and alishan.

BTSonic

Reaction score
Wifi router has another problem, if fully connected by 5 pple, battery will run out very fast, need to prepare powerbank, even with powerbank, the router might die off in the evening around 6-7pm, cant last till 11-12pm. And every night need to charge both the router and powerbank in the hotel.

The upcoming trip, i will get sim card.

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried WIFI router once, cannot connect halfway trip, end up buy SIM cards over there......... suay

:s22:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wifi router has another problem, if fully connected by 5 pple, battery will run out very fast, need to prepare powerbank, even with powerbank, the router might die off in the evening around 6-7pm, cant last till 11-12pm. And every night need to charge both the router and powerbank in the hotel.

The upcoming trip, i will get sim card.

That happens when you are on the move and always hunting for base station.
Yes, always standby powerbank.
Am sure can always carry a heavy weight like 15-20K type.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair... i think most of the wifi router issue arises due to the Fair Usage Policy if you use over the daily limit...

just make sure the provider you get from ensure unlimited data... sometimes although it is unlimited... there might be a need to reset the router to reset the limit again...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair... i think most of the wifi router issue arises due to the Fair Usage Policy if you use over the daily limit...

just make sure the provider you get from ensure unlimited data... sometimes although it is unlimited... there might be a need to reset the router to reset the limit again...

This is cheam.
But not all wifi router is unlimited, all depend on country you go. Place like China, wifi router don't work well.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is cheam.
But not all wifi router is unlimited, all depend on country you go. Place like China, wifi router don't work well.

Even if the wifi router plan is unlimited data... it still can be bounded by the FUP implemented by the local service provider... means if u over use certain data limit... the speed will be capped... but u still can use at a much slower speed... so best check with the provider whether the country u go to have FUP...

From what i know taiwan dun implement FUP...

https://www.changirecommends.com/owifi_specs.aspx

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if the wifi router plan is unlimited data... it still can be bounded by the FUP implemented by the local service provider... means if u over use certain data limit... the speed will be capped... but u still can use at a much slower speed... so best check with the provider whether the country u go to have FUP...

From what i know taiwan dun implement FUP...

https://www.changirecommends.com/owifi_specs.aspx

Yea, same as sim card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.