Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Do you have any numbers to support this? Which phone and which plan are you referring to?
My wife signed up for mySIM70 2 months ago with CIS. 40% discount. So monthly fee is $45.50. Bought iPhone XR 128gb for around $168. Sold off at around $940. Divide the net money you get from selling the phone. You get 35gb data for less than $14 per month. You might not be able to get this pricing now though. Check out the current pricing first.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Synnexo

Reaction score
My wife signed up for mySIM70 2 months ago with CIS. 40% discount. So monthly fee is $45.50. Bought iPhone XR 128gb for around $168. Sold off at around $940. Divide the net money you get from selling the phone. You get 35gb data for less than $14 per month. You might not be able to get this pricing now though. Check out the current pricing first.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

That's a great deal. If u are using a cash rebates card to pay for bills, then the cost can go down further.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
currently on singtel combo plan.

when plan expires, if i renew to a singtel SIM-only plan, will there be a physical change of my existing SIM card ?

thanks.
No, is all background work. But I ditching Singtel to M1 after being with them for around 20 years.

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the most important advantage of no contract mobile plan is that it gives you the flexibility to change to another telco with better offer anytime you want without having to pay any termination fees.
when you see a plan that has enough benefits for your usage plan you want to lock in the bonus for as long as possible. you choose sim only, one year later they take away the bonus data you are left with peanuts for ridiculous price. no contract is a scam by the telcos

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
ya.. i posted the mysim70 cost few days ago.. but i prefer the enterprise dp

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever plan, contract or non contract, understand your needs & choose the one that fit. Don't be affected by nosies around. Some need 10Gb data passport while some don't. Some have 50% CIS discount while some enjoy 25%. See no point why some wanna broadcast how low they are paying. Not everyone is eligible to CIS.

Though my company has 40% CIS for M1 & ST, my line is SIM only from M1.
you very cute leh? thread title is comparison of sim only plans. if dont post what is there to compare? :s13:

lovejolin

Reaction score
Yup do you have any calculation on how you get $22/month after offsetting your sold phone? 40GB a month is damn shiok lol.

you very cute leh? thread title is comparison of sim only plans. if dont post what is there to compare? :s13:

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup do you have any calculation on how you get $22/month after offsetting your sold phone? 40GB a month is damn shiok lol.
the post about the xr and mysim70, the discount ~$30. take that and minus from the $53.50 plan it's ~$22..

Sglastexile

Reaction score

You won’t get 40GB. It also comes with the risk & hassles of selling ur phone for good money.
with around 35GB per month for SIM70 Locked under 24mths contract.

For Sim only plan, best offer from M1 the 30GB $25, free weekends.
Singtel is GOMO 20GB $20 but it’s a Hi Card sort of......
*Starhub Sim only : 15GB $25 with free weekends , there is a $120 online bill rebates to lock you in with more discounts.

His $22/per mth. 40GB Sim only? 24mths plan is probably bcos he works in M1/Keppel related coy.

I encourage you to take Sim Only after all this is a Comparison of Sim Only plans.

No contract as Win:Win even though telco can change their terms, but you also have the freedom to switch telcos whenever you want.
Whenever there is a better offer or services among all the telcos.

I change my old Singtel 3G 12GB, ard $31/mth to M1 One plan.
Quite Satisfied, Singtel should have upgraded my 3G 12GB to 4G....

Oh well, after switching myself. I have switched all my family plans over for easier management. No surprises of them bursting their limits & happy saving $.

Last edited:

Synnexo

Reaction score

Are u making comparison between SIM only plans? Or assuming folks signing up for SIM only non contract plans are being played by telcos?

LexusIS

Reaction score
Are u making comparison between SIM only plans? Or assuming folks signing up for SIM only non contract plans are being played by telcos?

Actually is a good share by bros for our comparison.

Sometimes CIS do have good promo promos that beat Sim only plans after trading in phone and with way higher data. I initially wanted a Sim only plan when one bro shared on the CIS promo and swinged me over.

But true, each and everyone should gauge our own needs. Not everyone needs data passport or 15gb of data.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
For me, what's the best value for money is good. So when CIS plans after trading the phone nett you a much cheaper plan than sim only plans, why not signed up CIS plans? The tie down period of 2 years is alright since I am paying lesa than $15 per month. I don't think those SIM only plans can reach this pricing anytime soon. Of course if your usage is way lesser, there are cheaper plans like redone $8 plan etc. So just choose a plan that suits your needs with best value for money.

Nothing wrong with CIS plans or SIM only plans. Of course if you do not have access to CIS plans, SIM only plans are way better.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

SibehHL

Reaction score
Sure, highlighting good value CIS plans does brings awareness but don’t simply assume that everyone have access to CIS promotions.

So there’s no need to keep emphasising that SIM only users are blah blah blah & telcos are blah blah blah...

LexusIS

Reaction score
Sure, highlighting good value CIS plans does brings awareness but don’t simply assume that everyone have access to CIS promotions.

So there’s no need to keep emphasising that SIM only users are blah blah blah & telcos are blah blah blah...

Circles CIS is one, whereby family and friends can join even if we are not on CIS with them. Special thanks to Bro Charlie Zhan

SibehHL

Reaction score
Personally I require data passport which Circles Life cannot provide, so no need to consider other options.

Circles CIS is one, whereby family and friends can join even if we are not on CIS with them. Special thanks to Bro Charlie Zhan

LexusIS

Reaction score
paiseh I replied to your pm already.. :o

Final few days to sign up for this CIS promo.
PM me for the CIS code if you are interested to sign up for it.
All new sign ups will get the first three months free.

$10 off the monthly $28 subscription for subsequent 9 months if you port in from other telco during sign up.

additional 6gb data per month for first 12 months.
incoming calls are free perpetually.
registration fees is $4.

I'm not earning any referral incentives by sharing this to all as this is a CIS code and not personal account referral code.

By sharing this for no personal benefits and you still reply me asking me to take the initiative to PM you for the CIS code, then you can slowly wait till the durians drop down from your room ceiling.

i3xpd05.jpg

XZbrqRH.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Ah this. Bro Charlie has kindly shared his circle’s CIS code with bro who needs it. Kudos to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.