Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Umm. iPad sadly doesn't have Secure Folder, which I use for secret purposes. :o

Personally, I think AMOLED display trumps LCD for media consumption. But that's personal preference.

Also, Linux on DeX, if you're into that sort of things.

yeap, the Super amoled screen is good for videos and gaming. More accurate colours

frost_theone

Reaction score
Just to check with you guys - how many fingerprints can you register?

3 fingers at max. Tried to register 4 but not available for selection
1. Right Index (More for potratit mode)
2. Right Thumb (In Landscape mode when camera is on the left)
3. Left Index (In Landscape mode when camera is on the right)

Decide to use these 3 fingers since using book cover for my daily use

continuum

Reaction score
Mine (Korean LTE set) doesn't seem to have this problem. I tried scrolling fast and slow as demonstrated in this video: https://youtu.be/WzjBZAs4EJg but I am not seeing any jelly effect.

I spoke too soon. I finally noticed the jelly effect when using Spotify. It's noticeable but nowhere near as pronounced as what's shown in the YouTube video. I can live with it.

laeticia

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. I finally noticed the jelly effect when using Spotify. It's noticeable but nowhere near as pronounced as what's shown in the YouTube video. I can live with it.

I've yet to notice anything but I do use it mostly for games and videos. Only browse forums on occasion

Last edited:

karloil

Reaction score

Quite weird as it only happens on portrait. I think it can be addressed by a firmware update, if the issue is the screen, i think it would also happen on landscape.

What is the jelly effect about

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=S5e+jelly+effect

Last edited:

JadziaK

Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend a good tempered glass for the s5e? Not many options from the usual online platforms. Also looking for a case. The free book cover is thin but doesn't cover the corners. Feels flimsy to me.

continuum

Reaction score
Quite weird as it only happens on portrait. I think it can be addressed by a firmware update, if the issue is the screen, i think it would also happen on landscape.

We can only speculate. If it's vsync issue, then it's just a software fix. But if the physical panel is oriented upside down (which could also cause the jelly effect due to how the pixels are drawn), then I don't think Samsung will do anything about it.

karloil

Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend a good tempered glass for the s5e? Not many options from the usual online platforms. Also looking for a case. The free book cover is thin but doesn't cover the corners. Feels flimsy to me.

I tried one of those $13.90 TG with a cut out for the camera - good enough, no loss in touch sensitivity BUT it's really a fingerprint magnet. So I decided to change to p2o mobile $39 TG, a lot better! Still no loss in touch sensitivity, no camera cut out this time - and since it has an oleophobic coating, it has far lesser smudges.

In terms of cases, most cases being sold locally are also book type and only protects the corners - not the whole sides.

We can only speculate. If it's vsync issue, then it's just a software fix. But if the physical panel is oriented upside down (which could also cause the jelly effect due to how the pixels are drawn), then I don't think Samsung will do anything about it.

Ah yes, i read somewhere that one smartphone has this upside down panel and has the same jelly effect. Space limitations maybe that why they did it? But yeah, i don't think they'll do anything if this were the case

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=S5e+jelly+effect
Is it because of the orientation that you're holding the tablet? I rmb Oneplus 5 having this issue as the panel was mounted upside down. Maybe hold it on the other portrait orientation and see if the jelly effect is still there.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

karloil

Reaction score
Is it because of the orientation that you're holding the tablet? I rmb Oneplus 5 having this issue as the panel was mounted upside down. Maybe hold it on the other portrait orientation and see if the jelly effect is still there.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

The jelly effect is only seen in portrait mode, but in landscape - no issues. So yeah, i think it's just what it is.

mun

Reaction score
I tried on my s5e yesterday and heng dont have the jelly effect

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I figured that since I'm here in Toronto, I might as well buy a couple of cases and SP for my S5e:
1. Infiland TAB S5e case, with translucent back cover and flip front cover
2. Spigen Rugged Armor
3. Moko 9H + Oleophobic coating SP
4. Transparent TPU case from Zeking

Should be getting them tomorrow, could have been today but it is Canada Day here, a public holiday.

karloil

Reaction score
1. Infiland TAB S5e case, with translucent back cover and flip front cover
2. Spigen Rugged Armor
3. Moko 9H + Oleophobic coating SP
4. Transparent TPU case from Zeking

Haha we have mostly the same cases! 😃

I fell in love with the Spigen
48160171037_dec578a4dd_z.jpg

48160160522_e51b3e2d48_z.jpg

The Infiland is now my backup case

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha we have mostly the same cases! 😃

I fell in love with the Spigen
48160171037_dec578a4dd_z.jpg

48160160522_e51b3e2d48_z.jpg

The Infiland is now my backup case
Hey, you know what they say about great minds, right? ;)

I decided to buy these cases for different usage scenarios. Keeping my Tab S2 8" since it can be used as an e-reader, got tons of ebooks on Play Book, Kindle and Dark Horse. Now, a full Samsung user as I have the 128GB S10+ as well....

laeticia

Reaction score
Ooh they've finally come out with cases. I ordered a rugged type case off Aliexpress which is taking forever to get here.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.