Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For sw version 1.2, the Firmware Upgrade (Via USB) and Safely remove USB device
is gray off. Who can upgrade FW via USB?

No problem upgrading to the latest version (v2.1) but didn't notice any differences.

What type of flash drive did you used? The function you mentioned will remain gray off if no drive or unrecognized drive is inserted.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just found out that the free STB deadline has been extended so I am eligible to get a box now.

Question: do I go for the NewMedia box or opt for the voucher and get the Draco instead?
What's the difference between the DSC250 and ANT900 antennas for the Draco?

difference is $$$ vs FOC

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just found out that the free STB deadline has been extended so I am eligible to get a box now.

Question: do I go for the NewMedia box or opt for the voucher and get the Draco instead?

better go for draco.

many members reported the problems with newmedia box here.

funke is one of the top brand for dvb-t antenna, so you should go for DSC250, or top up $10-$20 for DSC550 or DSC560.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, the NMS STB really CMI. Now my STB got sound but no video!

Initially thought the TV got problem but can display the STB menu settings. Tried the box on another TV with the same result.

Think the warranty already over, now ended with a half-working box! Anyone got faced this issue?

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, the NMS STB really CMI. Now my STB got sound but no video!

Initially thought the TV got problem but can display the STB menu settings. Tried the box on another TV with the same result.

Think the warranty already over, now ended with a half-working box! Anyone got faced this issue?

my new NMS box does not work on a 2014 LG but works on a 2013 Sharp

hdmi plug into LG is "no signal" plug into Sharp is 1080i50 display

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my new NMS box does not work on a 2014 LG but works on a 2013 Sharp

hdmi plug into LG is "no signal" plug into Sharp is 1080i50 display

My was working fine on my Sharp TV, the problem surface after firmware upgrade and me trying out the games. :s11:

Even after downgrading to my former firmware, still got the same problem. Already tried all workaround I can think of.

Have you call M1 Hotline? Me email NMS and was told to call them. Sian. :(

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My was working fine on my Sharp TV, the problem surface after firmware upgrade and me trying out the games. :s11:

Even after downgrading to my former firmware, still got the same problem. Already tried all workaround I can think of.

Have you call M1 Hotline? Me email NMS and was told to call them. Sian. :(

the only thing i have use for this thing is CNA #狗官

why pay more when i have 1Gbps fiber :s12:

for merdeka package have to get with installation. that $100 piece of paper not worth for them.

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the only thing i have use for this thing is CNA #狗官

why pay more when i have 1Gbps fiber :s12:

for merdeka package have to get with installation. that $100 piece of paper not worth for them.

No idea what you're getting into. Also not sure what you're asking for in PM :s11:

Anyway, will call M1 hotline sometime this week, my STB warranty is coming to an end.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea what you're getting into. Also not sure what you're asking for in PM :s11:

Anyway, will call M1 hotline sometime this week, my STB warranty is coming to an end.

see if you can get a link to their old firmware to reflash via USB

they have the "latest" firmware online.

mryongtan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm using both Funke DSC250 & ANT900.

Funke DSC250(it's black) can be placed horizontally or vertically and comes with a LED light which turns blue when in use.

ANT900 is white and can be placed on top of TV or stick on wall/console/feature wall/windows with a back 3M tape.

I found no difference in quality for both. It's more about the looks. Packaging wise, NMS looks "cheap", Draco looks more "premium" although both set-top box performs about the same speed.

9232055df4b1d88c41532db2fe1803b3.jpg

FunkeDSC250.png

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
see if you can get a link to their old firmware to reflash via USB

they have the "latest" firmware online.

Don't think it's firmware related (at least for my problem) as I did downgrade back to the former version with the same result.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
better go for draco.

many members reported the problems with newmedia box here.

funke is one of the top brand for dvb-t antenna, so you should go for DSC250, or top up $10-$20 for DSC550 or DSC560.

Thanks for the info. Very useful!

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using both Funke DSC250 & ANT900.

Funke DSC250(it's black) can be placed horizontally or vertically and comes with a LED light which turns blue when in use.

ANT900 is white and can be placed on top of TV or stick on wall/console/feature wall/windows with a back 3M tape.

I found no difference in quality for both. It's more about the looks. Packaging wise, NMS looks "cheap", Draco looks more "premium" although both set-top box performs about the same speed.

9232055df4b1d88c41532db2fe1803b3.jpg

FunkeDSC250.png

Picture paints a thousand words! Thank you!

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
My parents had the free box delivered and installed so I guess that set is the NMS? If so, then I'll really avoid it. 1st one went dead after the tech installed it and left. 2nd one appears to work but after ~40mins of TV, it just freezes and stops responding. Power cycling also won't help... really bad boxes, wasting time...

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My parents had the free box delivered and installed so I guess that set is the NMS? If so, then I'll really avoid it. 1st one went dead after the tech installed it and left. 2nd one appears to work but after ~40mins of TV, it just freezes and stops responding. Power cycling also won't help... really bad boxes, wasting time...

yes, your parents have the NMS

Durian Shell

Reaction score
No problem upgrading to the latest version (v2.1) but didn't notice any differences.

What type of flash drive did you used? The function you mentioned will remain gray off if no drive or unrecognized drive is inserted.

Thanks for your reply and answers.
Oh forgot to insert the thumb drive...hehehe. (no issue at all)
Is an old portable ext HD 500GB, (need a power supply to drive), 2TB, 3TB ext HD and a very old china brand 1GB thumb drive.

Using STB to format the ext drive before recording.....
Like camera, always use the camera device to format the ext drive but not at the pc.....(also remove all the program file inside the drive)

Don't see any problem if your STB is at lower version. Why need upgrade SW? They used new version so that can fly very fast and high? LOL.

See my reception quality....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9GynXjBwy8ZkPTBzcaCbg?view_as=subscriber

Enjoy!!!!:)

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has the latest digital channel list? I'm staying at AMK, and can only receive the standard channels

Wanna try using manual tuning my luck

your mp is supreme leader and your area still have issues with public TV :s11::s12::s13:

i guess it is true; "the source of the rot is from the top"

alvint86

Reaction score
Haha maybe they expect us to watch SG channels only :) so anyone can guide me on manual running channels?

your mp is supreme leader and your area still have issues with public TV :s11::s12::s13:

i guess it is true; "the source of the rot is from the top"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.