NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There were three!Not a lot of presentation related questions were asked. They only asked me which part of the presentation I thought I had done well in and which parts i thought i could have done better. and they also asked some questions pertaining to changes to the system and how i feel about it. So it wld be better to read up on the latest changes:) (esp if ur applying for pri sch cos quite a lot of changes) And also the basic why do u wanna teach, what kind of teacher do you want to be what are ur strengths..
I hope you did well for your interview! When did you go for the interview? Thanks for sharing the questions asked in your interview so that I could take that as a point of reference and prepare accordingly.:)

FeelsBadMan

Reaction score
LlĺlJust went for the interview yesterday.

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake? :s11:

Last edited:

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interview usually on a Monday?

From what I have seen so far, many interviews are scheduled on a Monday. Is there anyone whose interview is not on a Monday?

yayah121

Reaction score

Felt like I did really poorly for the 5 min lesson plan part (nervous) but for the sit down portion I was confident and showed my passion for teaching by talking about some of my internship experiences and how they related to teaching. They seemed pretty interested and kept ticking something on their piece of paper.

I realised after the interview was over that they did not ask me about the 20mins written response that I wrote just before the interview.

Does this mean that I wont be considered since they didnt even bother asking me about it? Should I just apply for the next intake? :s11:

No worries. They didn’t ask me about mine either and I got through. You’ll be fine!

JSMHONG96

Reaction score

I got in even though the interviewers didnt ask about my essay!

pinkorange01

Reaction score
I hope you did well for your interview! When did you go for the interview? Thanks for sharing the questions asked in your interview so that I could take that as a point of reference and prepare accordingly.:)

haha i went for interview in March 2019.:)

poppyave

Reaction score

no worries about the essay! they didn't ask about mine at all and i got in anyway. :)

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
English Proficiency Test

Is the English Proficiency Test a requirement for all those teaching in English? Are there any exceptions?

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
I see. What was the outcome of your application? How early can one start the programme if one is accepted?

You can refer to this link for the application window and respective dates. https://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teac...ut-teaching-qualification/application-windows

Generally, successful applicants will go through a few months to a year of untrained contract teaching. NIE intake for PGDE applicants (except for PE teachers) will start in Dec each year.

So if you were to get accepted in this current application window, you will be doing untrained teaching from Dec 2019 onwards, and start NIE in Dec 2020.

aznotnurfurrr

Reaction score
diploma in physical education

hello everyone,

i applied for the diploma in physical education and completed my physical proficiency test today. feeling a little bit confident (thankful for really nice testers) and really hoping to make it through to the interview phase!

will only know the result for the physical proficiency test in around 2 weeks? but this means a lot to me and i really hope to ace the interview (if i make it through)!

with that, can anyone share their experience during the interview? like what were the questions asked during the essay and interview (!!!) and how were the interviewers like during the 5-minute presentation, eg how they acted and the questions they asked!

thanks a lot and all the best to everyone! :)

Last edited:

ummumar

Reaction score

Check your inbox

amyyee

Reaction score
ok, just informed that I am shortlisted for the PGDE interview but no subject or timing yet. More information prior to 12 July.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.