Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So disappointed with UOB. Past 4 years, for the fresh fund promo during the July-August period, they have the collectible NETS Flashpay cards. I thought this year Bi-centennial they will continue the trend .... sian 50%....
July to Aug no promo??
National Day wor

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned the Etiqa Elastiq, 2.02% guaranteed for 3 years.

Interest credited daily, and functions like a bank account after 90 days waiting period. Can deposit up to 200k and withdraw amounts without penalty anytime after that. Don't require buying silly products and no salary crediting or card spend hurdles.

Using this as my warchest account until the market crash. No, I don't work for them. If anyone wants referral code you can PM me.

Anyone knows what's the catch for this offer? Don't believe good deals can come out from Maybank nowadays yo.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what's the catch for this offer? Don't believe good deals can come out from Maybank nowadays yo.

I am also sceptical that suddenly Etiqa can be taking deposits and acting like a bank with this life insurance product.

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

churnmaster

Reaction score
So disappointed with UOB. Past 4 years, for the fresh fund promo during the July-August period, they have the collectible NETS Flashpay cards. I thought this year Bi-centennial they will continue the trend .... sian 50%....

I think the current promo is better ... Dyson products instead of Flashpay cards. Off course, if one is used to collecting such cards then its a different thing.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yongsaver

Reaction score
I am also sceptical that suddenly Etiqa can be taking deposits and acting like a bank with this life insurance product.

to me the etiqa thingy is actually better than FD. in fact it is better than SSB in some ways.

its just the 2.02% too low for me these days. :D

moneycare

Reaction score
I think the current promo is better ... Dyson products instead of Flashpay cards. Off course, if one is used to collecting such cards then its a different thing.

Better you read the conditions carefully. The deposit is earmarked for 8 months !

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yar, I like their past NETS Flashpay designs.

But I do agree the Dyson freebie is definitely more worth.

limchooc

Reaction score
got ppl feedback their service is very slow :s22::s22:

Yes and no. SBI is slow in processing FD due to lot of paper work that is still done manually. I had visited their branches in Jurong East and Little India, both the same with Little India slightly better. But the good news is their queue is usually very short, so the waiting time is a lot shorter compare to other bank.

BTW, FD placement or withdrawal is always time consume for both local and foreign bank, especially if you are first time to the bank.

Last edited:

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. SBI is slow in processing FD due to lot of paper work that is still done manually. I had visited their branches in Jurong East and Little India, both the same with Little India slightly better. But the good news is their queue is usually very short, so the waiting time is a lot shorter compare to other bank.

BTW, FD placement or withdrawal is always time consume for both local and foreign bank, especially if you are first time to the bank.

agree, I went to their branch at cecil street years back, it is super slow

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.