[Review] Asus RT-AX88U

macluver

Reaction score
Can share your wifi settings? After switching HE off, reboot the router. Try to max your channel bandwidth on the 5ghz and try again. My Friend is using this. He’s able to hit 500-600mbps on his XS Max. No reason you’re only able to get 100mbps.

And how do i max my channel bandwidth in 5ghz? thanks for the great help.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And how do i max my channel bandwidth in 5ghz? thanks for the great help.

You go into the IP address and see your wireless settings under wireless. You need to play around with the settings and see what works best for you. When I got my router, I never configure, only managed to hit 300-400mbps. After configuration I hit nearly 900mbps on wireless.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3A using GAGT

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Able to share how to setup the 5g wifi?

I am able to hit 900+ dl / 900+ ul on cable.
but strangely on note 9 5g wifi only about 100-200+ dl / 400-600+ ul, any idea why the differences so much on dl vs ul?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to share how to setup the 5g wifi?

I am able to hit 900+ dl / 900+ ul on cable.
but strangely on note 9 5g wifi only about 100-200+ dl / 400-600+ ul, any idea why the differences so much on dl vs ul?
You got disable AX mode? If you no AX device you disable first. After disable, restart and test.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
You got disable AX mode? If you no AX device you disable first. After disable, restart and test.

AX mode as in the HE setting? Already disabled the HE mode, just wondering why the dl and ul can have so great differences.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AX mode as in the HE setting? Already disabled the HE mode, just wondering why the dl and ul can have so great differences.
Very hard to say leh. Depends on your settings one.

xaiobai

Master Member
Reaction score
I just bought this expensive router from M1. I can't get pass 120mb at anytime. I'm using cat 7 lan. Any setting u can do within the router? Thanks for help.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought this expensive router from M1. I can't get pass 120mb at anytime. I'm using cat 7 lan. Any setting u can do within the router? Thanks for help.

120 MB/s or Mbps ?

120 MB/s = 960 Mbps ( almost 1 Gbps )

uncle_josh

Reaction score
In the overview below you can see the differences:

Cat5e – Has a speed to 1.000 Mbit/s, 100mhz

Cat6 – Has a speed to 1.000 Mbit/s, 250mhz

Cat6a – Has a speed to 10.000 Mbit/s, 500mhz

Cat7 – Has a speed to 10.000 Mbit/s, 1.000mhz

The big difference between Cat6 and Cat7 is the frequency. As you may have already seen, a Cat7 cable and a Cat6 cable have the same speed. However, the Cat7 has a higher frequency than the Cat6.

The frequency indicates how often the signal can pass through the cable.

At a frequency of 1,000 MHz, 10,000 Mbit / s can therefore be transferred 10,000 times per second 10,000 Mbit / s. 

A Cat7 cable will therefore be able to transfer data faster than a Cat6 cable.

Source : https://www.netwerkkabel.eu/en/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-cat-6-and-cat-7

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

dryteletubby

Reaction score
In the overview below you can see the differences:

Cat5e – Has a speed to 1.000 Mbit/s, 100mhz

Cat6*– Has a speed to 1.000 Mbit/s, 250mhz

Cat6a*– Has a speed to 10.000 Mbit/s, 500mhz

Cat7 – Has a speed to 10.000 Mbit/s, 1.000mhz

The big difference between Cat6 and Cat7 is the frequency. As you may have already seen, a Cat7 cable and a Cat6 cable have the same speed. However, the Cat7 has a higher frequency than the Cat6.

The frequency indicates how often the signal can pass through the cable.

At a frequency of 1,000 MHz, 10,000 Mbit / s can therefore be transferred 10,000 times per second 10,000 Mbit / s.*

A Cat7 cable will therefore be able to transfer data faster than a Cat6 cable.

Source : https://www.netwerkkabel.eu/en/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-cat-6-and-cat-7

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

Speed is irrelevant especially with only a gigabit router.
In practice, a well made cat 5e cable can support 10Gbps speeds at a short distance.

most ethernet cables you buy from a store/online are not even up to specifications e.g using copper clad aluminum instead of solid copper for the cables and in the case of those flat ethernet cables, no shielding, no cable twist to prevent crosstalk etc

xaiobai

Master Member
Reaction score
Speed is irrelevant especially with only a gigabit router.
In practice, a well made cat 5e cable can support 10Gbps speeds at a short distance.

most ethernet cables you buy from a store/online are not even up to specifications e.g using copper clad aluminum instead of solid copper for the cables and in the case of those flat ethernet cables, no shielding, no cable twist to prevent crosstalk etc

I still go challenger buy $28 x 2 pcs. 1 pc to connect modem anothee to router. Waste money close to 400 buck see no difference from my old Asus router my heart pain.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still go challenger buy $28 x 2 pcs. 1 pc to connect modem anothee to router. Waste money close to 400 buck see no difference from my old Asus router my heart pain.

think on the bright side, you got it cheap from m1 at subsidised rate, it's just your settings problem, from what I see.

what phone are you using, what settings are you using for your 5ghz?
give some more info, then can help you ;)

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Screenshot your 5ghz settings with your password masked, we can see if any improvements can fibre in the settings.

And the test was done in close proximity to the router ?

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone of you encounter the internet led turn red out of sudden? encountered quite few times, had to reboot router to resolve.
had changed the cable from ONT to router wan, also tested ONT directly to laptop to test internet also working. just the internet went off in the router.

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe try update to latest firmware and do a reboot?

anyone of you encounter the internet led turn red out of sudden? encountered quite few times, had to reboot router to resolve.
had changed the cable from ONT to router wan, also tested ONT directly to laptop to test internet also working. just the internet went off in the router.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.