Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score
Since Messi can't beat Allison, he should join him....

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Will Alisson has the chance for Ballon D’Or?
I tink VVD higher chance.
But such awards usually win by attackers, cos usually the focus of attention is the goal scorer

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will Alisson has the chance for Ballon D’Or?

If Brazil win Copa than I can't see anyone who can surpass him winning the Ballon, not even Virgil unless of cause, Mane or Salah win the African Cup with their Country.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Zeljko Buvac quit as Liverpool’s assistant manager towards the start of 2018, and now further details have emerged on why Jurgen Klopp‘s long-term No. 2 left.

Buvac and Klopp had worked together for 17 years, at Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool, before the Bosnian-Serb’s abrupt departure in April of last year.

Initially it was claimed he had taken leave due to “personal reasons,” but his split from the club was eventually finalised in January, after reaching a settlement on his contract.

By then, Pepijn Lijnders had already returned to Liverpool after a brief spell as manager of NEC Nijmegen in his native Netherlands, but the Dutchman was then confirmed in the position of assistant.

Lijnders has taken a more prominent role both in training and during games now, though this had already begun prior to his move to the Netherlands.

And in the updated version of his biography, Klopp: Bring the Noise, German journalist Raphael Honigstein has given a new insight into the fractured relationship between Buvac and the Liverpool manager.

“The Liverpool [staff] had noticed that the notoriously wordless [Buvac] had switched from monosyllables to zero-syllables in recent months,” he wrote, as relayed by SPOX.

“Buvac looked as if he would not have been happy with the increasing influence of fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders.

“The laid-back Dutchman had been very popular with the players.

“The relationship between Buvac and Klopp has survived, both just could not work together anymore.”

SPOX infer this as Buvac being “jealous” of Lijnders’ standing among Klopp’s backroom, which did in effect marginalise his own influence after close to two decades in the role.

This follows earlier reports from the Times‘ Paul Joyce of a disagreement with goalkeeping coach John Achterberg, which certainly suggests there was a schism between Buvac and the rest of the staff.

There were fears in some sections of Liverpool’s support that the 57-year-old’s departure would expose Klopp’s limitations.

Buvac had become known as ‘The Brain’, and his absence was held up as a possible reason for tactical issues at Anfield in the future, but this has now been disproved, as the Reds improved even further without him in 2018/19.

By all accounts, Lijnders has made a hugely positive impact since his return, with Klopp saying in May that “he could write a book about him, about what a big influence he had.”

“How big the influence of his optimism is and how lively he is on the training pitch. It is just a fact,” he continued.

“I was like that when I was young and I am not like that any more, that’s how it is.”

Fortunately, Klopp and Buvac’s friendship appears to have endured, but it seems to have been a case of ‘out with the old, in with the new’ at Liverpool.

Posted from PCWX using Huawei P30 Pro with 50x zoom

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far not much signing... My theory is that we signing another afcon player probably that's why we didn't do any early signing yet?

silent_espy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far not much signing... My theory is that we signing another afcon player probably that's why we didn't do any early signing yet?

You talking about nicholas pepe and koulibaly?

Could also be the return of coutinho since he's on international duty too.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nvm la next yr got one more copa for messy and its argentina co-hosting. :o

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would like to believe that Liverpool would like this current frenzy to die down first, wait for the crazy fees to adjust down a bit before cheonging...

The money for wan bissaka, maguaire, etc is really over inflated and has an effect on other transfers too...

chankoonH

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to believe that Liverpool would like this current frenzy to die down first, wait for the crazy fees to adjust down a bit before cheonging...

The money for wan bissaka, maguaire, etc is really over inflated and has an effect on other transfers too...

yeh... leicester now wants 90mil for maguire... wah lau eh

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Even A Madrid signs Joao Felix for 126m euros.
Crazy $$!

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hopefully but inflation is everywhere in the world. Transfer fee will be inflating yearly. Last time 20m can buy torres... Now maybe need 70-80m to buy a young torres

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thats what happens when a mid table team wanna buy players w/o heart to join them. :s13:

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its seems like a long time since a goalkeeper last won the Ballon D' Or. Alisson's great performance in big games and also if he won the Copa America should give him enough merit to win the award.

If Brazil win Copa than I can't see anyone who can surpass him winning the Ballon, not even Virgil unless of cause, Mane or Salah win the African Cup with their Country.

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think Edwards/Klopp already looking at players in the African/Copa Cup and movements will be after the competition or their team kena eliminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.