Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
You just explain to them you are a borrower. But if too many transactions in a day, it might not be looking too good. Because you are also implicated in illegal money lending. Once your account is frozen, you will not be able to open account in the bank anymore.

Need some advice. Gave in to threats fm the LS and gave them access to my bank acc. They used it for less than 3 mths and think someone went to report then acc got frozen. I just received letter fm SPF to assist in investigations. Am in a dilemma to admit or how? Anyone have experience in facing this charge before?

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
This is a forum to open discussion. There’s no need for you to be so bitter. By the end of the day, we are here to help those who are lost. Sometimes they are too stressed and didn’t see how easy it can be resolved.

I said some are facts. Some are bs scare tactics by scammers and runners themselves. Please read at your own risk. If u r not a Ls or runner, u have nothing to be afraid of. More the merrier. Send them all to jail n rotan.
Splash? How many times can they do it over a 500sgd forced loan? They r more scared then u with the current law.
Still being called n watsapped? Change your number n be done with it. So much excuses it's laughable.
I have no sympathy for people still engaging these criminals. Earlier posts have already taught us how to handle harrassment.

polarinda

Reaction score
This is a forum to open discussion. There’s no need for you to be so bitter. By the end of the day, we are here to help those who are lost. Sometimes they are too stressed and didn’t see how easy it can be resolved.
Im only saying becareful what you read. Why do u need to make a big fuss over this?

seowliao

Reaction score
when SPF invite you for assistance in investigation..please cooperate 100% and tell nothing but the TRUTH..

Messup

Reaction score
Just ignore me la bro. Im also a victim. Dont start another war la. Have it your way lo.

No lah. Nothing personal. We are all here to offer help. Everyone will get over this hard time too. Cheers.

Chill guys. Am glad you guys are helping and contributing and I understand the anger, frustrations, fear and stupidity we all are going through. Stay strong!

Keep it up and let’s try to help new victims and educate others.

Mibro10

Reaction score
UPDATE: In Summary- i enquired for loans through sms advert, details given, got a forced loan of $600 in the same day, i did not agree to the loan. Next time went to make police report, did not close down my account, that $600 got deducted by giro payment...

It has been 5weeks or so since i last communicate with these loan shark guys.they will just spam call and send videos of low quality house splashing with paints. I heed advice from the officer to ignore their messages.. Thats about all they do till now. Shall update again if anything..

Word of advice is that DO NOT PAY THEM at all. Tell your NOK about it, do not be afraid. Stay strong guys!!

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Good on you mate. Do not succumb to their threats to make you stressed over nothing. Sometimes it can be so infuriating that they keep harassing NOK. The most is to ask them to change numbers and apologise non stop.

We need to stop paying to stop their money lifeline. They are nothing but empty words only. They can scold whatever they want. Physically they won’t dare to show up face to face. Unless they are stupid to get arrested on the spot.

UPDATE: In Summary- i enquired for loans through sms advert, details given, got a forced loan of $600 in the same day, i did not agree to the loan. Next time went to make police report, did not close down my account, that $600 got deducted by giro payment...

It has been 5weeks or so since i last communicate with these loan shark guys.they will just spam call and send videos of low quality house splashing with paints. I heed advice from the officer to ignore their messages.. Thats about all they do till now. Shall update again if anything..

Word of advice is that DO NOT PAY THEM at all. Tell your NOK about it, do not be afraid. Stay strong guys!!

seowliao

Reaction score
these are scammers that will never show their face..at most they will swear at you... Need to pin more runners down .

Need to create more awareness to reduce all these nonsense..these are menace to our society !!!

Ironman34

Reaction score
Hi Bros/Sis, just a update that LS recently received quite a heavy blow from our Police.
Sg Police has escalate their action against these LS scammers and is checking and are-re-Checking on most bank accounts numbers that has being reported.
Terminating all these accounts will suck 3/4 of life from the LS. Hoped that more could be done by the Police.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Totally agreed with Ironman bro. A lot of people here all having same common fear and phobia. All scared to tell family or company the truth. Last time I also felt the same. I was left with nothing within 1 hour when my salary in. Paid until I also scare. So I came clean with my family. My fear was that they will hate me for getting them involved. Got scold but in the end, also gave me the support I needed. All challenged the ah long to come. That time I was 30k over. $30 also struggling for me. How to pay them back? So I don’t pay them. Threats and videos. Old tactics. Splashed my house one time and runner got caught. Now I take my salary, I still get to feed myself and family. Also managed to save some by end of the month. A lot of bros and sis here all scare of harassments or splashed house. The truth is no money for yourself to eat is even more scary. Those who still pay and giving in to fear will end up in worse shįt one.

Don’t think of easy way out by taking from one ah long to another to cover. It never work one. Or don’t go licensed moneylender to borrow to cover. If want to borrow to feed yourself, then seek family or friends. Thick skin ask better than pay those ah long. So stop their money lifeline now. Report all bank accounts. The harassment is not forever.

Hi Bros/Sis, just a update that LS recently received quite a heavy blow from our Police.
Sg Police has escalate their action against these LS scammers and is checking and are-re-Checking on most bank accounts numbers that has being reported.
Terminating all these accounts will suck 3/4 of life from the LS. Hoped that more could be done by the Police.

polarinda

Reaction score
Borrowing 30k from LS and run away is as good as being a scammer. If u have paid more than u borrowed, then it's differerent story. Forced loan is also another story.
The right thing to do is dont ever borrow.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Again don’t assume. I paid more than I borrowed and still they are demanding for more. Until accumulated 30k. You got a problem with me is it?

Borrowing 30k from LS and run away is as good as being a scammer. If u have paid more than u borrowed, then it's differerent story. Forced loan is also another story.
The right thing to do is dont ever borrow.

Last edited:

polarinda

Reaction score
Again don’t assume. I paid more than I borrowed and still they are demanding for more. Until accumulated 30k. You got a problem with me is it?

if u have paid more than u borrowed, then just block them. Learn to read before making a fuss again.

polarinda

Reaction score
That’s what I did. If you have read carefully instead of being a smart àss, you would know. #idiöt

so why ask if i have a problem with you? obviously i dun have and u didnt read what i said(not even about u). You only mentioned u owed 30k and then stopped paying. How r we supposed to know u ran away or already paid principal? If u ran away with 30k then u r a ******* scammer. If u already paid then ignore them. Hard to understand isit? How old r u?

get a life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.