NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

chin_l

Reaction score
I went for the interview at 1st July and I am thinking to reapply for teaching during the August round if I didn't get a reply after 4-5 weeks time. Have anyone tried applying again in the immediate round before? Or do I need to wait for a certain period of time before I can reapply for teaching again?

Can anyone advice me?

May I ask what is the topic they ask in 20mins written essay?

tchen003

Reaction score
I have not heard back anything for 1 month from MOE

Hi all,

I am asking for my girlfriend.

27 May 2019: she applied "MOE Untrained Teacher program" .

14 June 2019: She received email from MOE Recruitment team to provide additional documents into a form link.

15 June 2019: She uploaded required documents per instructed and received an auto email "You will be contacted by 12 July 2019 if you are shortlisted for the interview".

We have not heard anything ever since. She followed up another email yesterday but no luck. She is very worried.

May I know does that mean she failed the initial selection process and will not be proceeding with the first round of interview?

Thanks a lot

tchen003

Reaction score
It says "in process" still. I guess it's a long stringent process. Received my Math Qualifying Test result 2 weeks back. Orientation for BA/BSC (Ed) should start in 2nd week of July. Shall call MOE up if no news from them by first week of July.

Hi Ma Me,

Her status show as "submitted" instead of "in progress". She applied on 25 May 2019. She received an email from MOE HR for documents upload on 14 June 2019 and no news ever since.

May I check why the status was shown as submitted instead of in progress?

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hi Ma Me,

Her status show as "submitted" instead of "in progress". She applied on 25 May 2019. She received an email from MOE HR for documents upload on 14 June 2019 and no news ever since.

May I check why the status was shown as submitted instead of in progress?

Not to discourage you, but based on previous experiences, submitted means there's very little hope.
Normally, it should change to in progress in 1 month after you have applied.
Nevertheless, you could continue to wait or contact them on the progress of your application.

Last edited:

lonely_driver

Reaction score
hello everyone,

i applied for the diploma in physical education and completed my physical proficiency test today. feeling a little bit confident (thankful for really nice testers) and really hoping to make it through to the interview phase!

will only know the result for the physical proficiency test in around 2 weeks? but this means a lot to me and i really hope to ace the interview (if i make it through)!

with that, can anyone share their experience during the interview? like what were the questions asked during the essay and interview (!!!) and how were the interviewers like during the 5-minute presentation, eg how they acted and the questions they asked!

thanks a lot and all the best to everyone! :)

Hi. Yes. results in 2 week. Hope u pass it.

After the ppt, u will then be allocated an interview date.

Please prep yourself as it won't be easy. 5 mins, u can teach any pe lesson, specify what level and what u wanna teach. i got the panel to participate in a ball game and i did up a lesson plan. Bring your own equipment btw.

essay is either right or wrong on a certain issue. it could range to conduct of teacher to what's ur stand on a education policy. doesn't hurt to read whats in the news. mine was about teachers moonlighting.

the hard part is interview. do talk about ur experience and what u can do. its not about what u want, its about making them want you. My interview was around 40mins. Got through.

All the best. can pm me anytime.

GurinTea

Reaction score
Hi, I'm been interested in teaching since a long time ago but do not have the confidence to pursue. Currently, I finished NS and was working for about 7 months in a engineering sector. I wished to apply for NIE's Diploma in education. I would like to teach science in a primary school.

I hold a chemical & Pharmaceutical technology diploma and my GPA is 2.6.

I've read the forum for cases like mine but I'd still liked to know if it is even possible at all for me entering since i've neither the grades nor the experience. Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:

lonely_driver

Reaction score
Hi, I'm been interested in teaching since a long time ago but do not have the confidence to pursue. Currently, I finished NS and was working for about 7 months in a engineering sector. I wished to apply for NIE's Diploma in education. I would like to teach science in a primary school.

I've read the forum for cases like mine but I'd still liked to know if it is even possible at all for me entering since i've neither the grades nor the experience. Thank you for the reply.

No harm trying. Just go and apply at careers@gov. There is no point in worrying what is beyond your control.

I do hope to see more people joining the education line. Do continue to upgrade your skillset while going through this journey.

Be it a positive or negative outcome, taking the first step depends on you.

Take the first step. Its a long journey but i wish u all the best.

Jollyteacher

Reaction score
Hi, teachers starting on 15 July, did your status on careers@gov change? Mine is still “shortlisted”. Should I be concerned? 😂

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score

Your GPA is fine. However, you should have a distinction (A1/A2) in O levels for the subject that you want to teach in Primary School.

Loveteaching

Reaction score
Hi all,

27 May 2019: she applied "MOE Untrained Teacher program" .

14 June 2019: She received email from MOE Recruitment team to provide additional documents into a form link.

15 June 2019: She uploaded required documents per instructed and received an auto email "You will be contacted by 12 July 2019 if you are shortlisted for the interview".

We have not heard anything ever since. She followed up another email yesterday but no luck. She is very worried.

May I know does that mean she failed the initial selection process and will not be proceeding with the first round of interview?

Thanks a lot
My situation same with your girlfriend. I worry too.

GurinTea

Reaction score
No harm trying. Just go and apply at careers@gov. There is no point in worrying what is beyond your control.

I do hope to see more people joining the education line. Do continue to upgrade your skillset while going through this journey.

Be it a positive or negative outcome, taking the first step depends on you.

Take the first step. Its a long journey but i wish u all the best.
Thank you for the kind words! I'll apply and leave up to fate~ Will go through english/maths/science 10 years series for pri while I'm at it haha.

GurinTea

Reaction score
Your GPA is fine. However, you should have a distinction (A1/A2) in O levels for the subject that you want to teach in Primary School.
Luckily gotten A2 for combined sci(chem/phys). However I think I'll need to upgrade to a degree to teach science in primary school right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.