BTO 2019 FEB - Official Thread

thwysg

Reaction score
kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance

The rest are active in the telegram chat.

As mentioned, you collect keys almost one year earlier, cheaper units compared to Boon Keng. It’s not very near the red light district so no worries about that. The plot is also not next to a hospital and a temple. Lots of food choices within walking distance.

The down side is that you’ll have to bear with the noise from expressway/ trains/ main road. For the time being, there is no sheltered path to Kallang station and no bus service to Kallang Breeze.

Better to discuss with your partner and think through. The decision would stay for the next 8-9 years till MOP.

You didn’t try your luck at Kempas Residences in May BTO?

durant035

Reaction score
nope i didn’t try kempas cos i didn’t expect all to chiong boon keng all at once. if the selection ratio of the 600 couples in front of me was maybe 70:30(bk vs kallang), i wouldn’t have such a hard time now

The rest are active in the telegram chat.

As mentioned, you collect keys almost one year earlier, cheaper units compared to Boon Keng. It’s not very near the red light district so no worries about that. The plot is also not next to a hospital and a temple. Lots of food choices within walking distance.

The down side is that you’ll have to bear with the noise from expressway/ trains/ main road. For the time being, there is no sheltered path to Kallang station and no bus service to Kallang Breeze.

Better to discuss with your partner and think through. The decision would stay for the next 8-9 years till MOP.

You didn’t try your luck at Kempas Residences in May BTO?

thwysg

Reaction score
nope i didn’t try kempas cos i didn’t expect all to chiong boon keng all at once. if the selection ratio of the 600 couples in front of me was maybe 70:30(bk vs kallang), i wouldn’t have such a hard time now

I wouldn’t say that the amenities are bad. There’s still a wet market/ hawker centre across the road. Fairprice and the coffee shops are just across the road too. Your Q number is at the tail end, no harm trying your luck at Kempas then. Quite a number of those who applied for Feb BTO and got lousy Q numbers, tried May BTO as well.

But if you both had given some thought and still wished to get a unit at Boon Keng regardless of the not-so-satisfactory conditions e.g. low floors, not desired stacks, etc., you’ll just have to continue to monitor the ethnic quota till your appointment date. Good luck~

dance42001

Reaction score
kallang/boon keng at 534 closing today. my number is ~650. shouldnt be able to get even a unit at boonkeng on my appointment next thurs.

but i confirm can get a good unit at kallang. my gf is worried about that place as its quite near to lupsup and the amenities suck around that area.

but i dont want to give up an opportunity to get a good floor at kallang if future redevelopments turn out well there, plus location wise it really doesnt lose out to boonkeng by alot. heard that there is govt talk about moving lupsup totally out of geylang

havent heard much about any discussion at kallang here. any experts can advise if i should just give up the good floor or just take the kallang as my 2nd choice?

thanks in advance

hi I have just selected a unit in kallang breeze I would say that from day one I prefer kallang to boon keng as I really find boon keng very crowded. if you have time should go kallang area to have a walk it is really peaceful n quite. I got a lvl 11 unit. all I can say is am grateful that there is still some middle lvl for my tail end number. best luck to all future neighbors.

Taofufa

Reaction score
hi I have just selected a unit in kallang breeze I would say that from day one I prefer kallang to boon keng as I really find boon keng very crowded. if you have time should go kallang area to have a walk it is really peaceful n quite. I got a lvl 11 unit. all I can say is am grateful that there is still some middle lvl for my tail end number. best luck to all future neighbors.
May i know roughly how many units are left after u? Thx

pzl000

Reaction score

This is so true! Same here! Frm day one i already like Kallang more than boon keng. I selected my unit at Kallang breeze. 17th Floor. Until today, i can nvr understand why so many ppl rather choose boon keng than Kallang. If you talk abt noise lvl, boon keng is noisy for all units simply because it is in the intersection of many roads, right smack at the center while kallang has quieter units as long as u dont choose one that faces the mrt track. Moreover, boon keng feels rather old to me. With the KWS hospital, polyclinic n temple, its just too happening in the area. Kallang dont lose out in terms of food as well. If u travel abt 8mins by car, u have old airport food centre. And, to be honest, the greatest reason why i chose kallang was because it provide a great balance between city life and nature. Ecp is a short drive and u also have stadium whr u cn go for a swim or run nearby once the kallang riverside park is up. Life is so much more than city and surrounded by traffic/crowd.

Reaction score
Doubt got any units left for me to choose for Kallang. For those whom booked Kallang, care to share how you all determine your purchase of unit like direction or so on?

thwysg

Reaction score
This is so true! Same here! Frm day one i already like Kallang more than boon keng. I selected my unit at Kallang breeze. 17th Floor. Until today, i can nvr understand why so many ppl rather choose boon keng than Kallang. If you talk abt noise lvl, boon keng is noisy for all units simply because it is in the intersection of many roads, right smack at the center while kallang has quieter units as long as u dont choose one that faces the mrt track. Moreover, boon keng feels rather old to me. With the KWS hospital, polyclinic n temple, its just too happening in the area. Kallang dont lose out in terms of food as well. If u travel abt 8mins by car, u have old airport food centre. And, to be honest, the greatest reason why i chose kallang was because it provide a great balance between city life and nature. Ecp is a short drive and u also have stadium whr u cn go for a swim or run nearby once the kallang riverside park is up. Life is so much more than city and surrounded by traffic/crowd.

I used to stay somewhere near YCK station, behind Presbyterian High. It’s not like what you think to be - by choosing some unit that is not facing the tracks and you won’t be able to hear it. More so because we were used to it, growing up with that noise. It is that reason that my SO and I have always decided units with underground train tracks. And not everyone has the luxury of owning a car like you do. Thus accessibility via public transport is very important to us.

Everyone has his/ her reasons for choosing a particular area and specific stacks and units. Don’t have to say till as if Boon Keng is worthless.

pzl000

Reaction score
I used to stay somewhere near YCK station, behind Presbyterian High. It’s not like what you think to be - by choosing some unit that is not facing the tracks and you won’t be able to hear it. More so because we were used to it, growing up with that noise. It is that reason that my SO and I have always decided units with underground train tracks. And not everyone has the luxury of owning a car like you do. Thus accessibility via public transport is very important to us.

Everyone has his/ her reasons for choosing a particular area and specific stacks and units. Don’t have to say till as if Boon Keng is worthless.

That isnt even my point. If u read below, people are asking for opinions on kallang so it’s just my own thoughts. If you think i make boon keng sound worthless then thrs nth i can do. FYI, there are also a lot of ppl who made kallang sound worthless. Noise lvl? Near Lupsup?

So, the whole time what i’m just trying to say is... Noise pollution is generated from many things not just MRT tracks. I live near a main road that is not even busy but its already noisy. Living at area with underground train tracks but in the middle of busy roads & crowded places doesnt make it any less noisy. And, i didn’t say i have a car? Living at kallang or boon keng don’t need a car at all. Both are equally well developed. I dk about boon keng but kallang’s BTO is 5-6mins walk to kallang mrt which is also vry well connected to other MRT lines. So, no car is needed. Also, some ppl talk abt it being near lupsup, isn’t lupsup everywhere? Doesn’t have to be near Geylang to see a lupsup. Nowadays there are more lupsups online than offline.

But yea you are right. Everyone has their own reasons so these are mine. I’m just saying how i feel. Don’t have to be so offended. At the end of the day, everything has its good n bad depending on how u see it. There’s no point in us debating. Hope you understand~ :)

theslacker

Reaction score
Since there's some debate on Kallang/Whampoa bto, maybe I'll share my views on it too. I applied and got a 4-digit number:s8:, received an appointment date but I'm guessing the chinese quota will be used up before I even get to go down to HDB.

I applied under the MCPS scheme, and only the Boon Keng plot was within the 4km radius from my parents place. Yes, I was aiming for Boon Keng right from the start as it was nearer to my parents' but I thought the Kallang plot was equally good too.

Waiting time - Kallang Breeze will be ready in 3Q2022, whereas Towner Crest requires additional one year and will only be ready in 3Q2023. This really depends on how urgent you need the house, some can afford to wait and some can't.

Location - both are damn good location!! right outside the city-centre of the country.

Boon keng is right in the middle of NEL with 3 stops to Serangoon(CCL) and on the opposite side just 3 stops to Dhoby Ghaut(NSL/CCL). Towner Crest is just 5 mins walk from the Boon Keng station. You can also easily walk to Bendemeer station(DTL) within 10mins from Towner Crest.

Kallang, located on EWL with 2 stops to Paya Lebar(CCL), 2 stops to Bugis(DTL) and 3 stops to City Hall(NSL). Kallang Breeze is just 5-10mins walk from Kallang station. If you work in the city, I would say this might be a better choice.

Noise pollution and traffic wise, I would say both are equally bad. I personally lived beside an expressway and mrt track before but you'll just get used to it over time.

Personally I feel Boon Keng has more of a heartland feel, while Kallang is closer to a city feel. So it really depends on what you like.

Honestly, I am surprised that most people went for Towner Crest instead of Kallang Breeze. I was expecting the take up rate to be 50:50. Then again, beggars can't be choosers especially when its so hard to get a bto these days. If given the chance to go down to HDB to select and with decent units available, I wouldn't hesitate to choose either one.

I always believe anyone who gets to stay at Towner Crest and Kallang Breeze or even the newer Kempas Residences are all lucky people! I mean just look at the odds :s22:

Duabuits

Reaction score
Hi, bro and sis... Mind sharing with me what is the queue number updates now for Feb 2019 KALLANG BTO 3 ROOM as of now? Please please. Thank you.

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi, bro and sis... Mind sharing with me what is the queue number updates now for Feb 2019 KALLANG BTO 3 ROOM as of now? Please please. Thank you.

Last queue number as at 5 July 2019 is 275.

Actually if you have a queue number, can just log into your MyHDB account to check the last number called.

Duabuits

Reaction score
Last queue number as at 5 July 2019 is 275.

Actually if you have a queue number, can just log into your MyHDB account to check the last number called.

Hi... Dun have appt that's why cannot see. Very sad.. Sob sob... Btw thank you bro for checking for me.... Wish you get what you want also bro.. Tqtq

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi... Dun have appt that's why cannot see. Very sad.. Sob sob... Btw thank you bro for checking for me.... Wish you get what you want also bro.. Tqtq

Got q but no appt date.. Cannot see :(

The selection is actually ending according to some in the telegram group. You sure you’ve gotten a Q number for Kallang/Whampoa Feb BTO? Or is it for May BTO?

There’s updates on the Q number within the group every morning.
Towner Crest/ Kallang Breeze BTO - t.me/btofeb19tckb

Duabuits

Reaction score
The selection is actually ending according to some in the telegram group. You sure you’ve gotten a Q number for Kallang/Whampoa Feb BTO? Or is it for May BTO?

There’s updates on the Q number within the group every morning.
Towner Crest/ Kallang Breeze BTO - t.me/btofeb19tckb

Sorry bro.. Its 4 room... Till now no update... Psps.. Got queue but no appt... Dunno the update at all... I check the myhdb page, but no update leh.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.