Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get black and white for CDW else roti prata. Else go for bandoo. I can assist:)

since u guru on bamboo, can check is this legit?
it is not cover by SG law right?
100++ members , how to substain ?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eventually spoke to David from the Partner Experience Team at the Grab office and told him everything. He helping me and just assured me that he have my account opened within the next 30 minutes.

At least I found the right person to help me!

Thank you David!

Thank God.

better note down his contact if u have

normally acc activation is almost immediate if all document are there

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will training make our drivers safer on the roads?

———-
Rental firm teams up with ComfortDelGro and Borneo Motors to improve private-hire driver safety

SINGAPORE - Vehicle leasing company Lumens Auto, transport giant ComfortDelGro's driving centre and Toyota agent Borneo Motors have joined forces to offer free safe-driving tips to private-hire drivers.

The collaboration - the first of its kind - kicked off on Friday (July 5) with the aim of improving the safety record of such drivers, most of whom do not have any formal road safety training.

Mr Joe Zhang, Lumens Auto's head of driver relations, said: "The number of road accidents involving private-hire vehicles is a pertinent issue which the industry should actively address."

He said the new two-hour Road Craft Training course "will help to reduce the risk of accidents for our drivers".

It uses portable in-vehicle logging systems, cameras and advanced sensors to collect comprehensive data on the driver's performance during a training session. Trainers will then use this information to give feedback to each driver.

Borneo Motors is sponsoring a pilot batch of 100 drivers for the course.

Singapore managing director Jasmmine Wong said: "We aim to actively promote road safety through partnerships with various strategic stakeholders, and ComfortDelGro Driving Centre is certainly one of them."

Ms Wong added that since last October, anyone who buys a Toyota gets a free Drive Safe Course at the ComfortDelGro Driving Centre.

Mr Lim Tien Hock, the centre's chief executive, said: "ComfortDelGro Driving Centre builds its entire business model on safe and responsible driving so we are pleased to collaborate with Lumens Auto and Borneo Motors to provide this Road Craft Training course to private-hire car drivers."

The General Insurance Association of Singapore said private-hire cars are twice as prone to accidents as privately owned cars.

Lumens is among several rental and leasing companies supplying cars to the private-hire industry, which has quadrupled in size to around 70,000 vehicles in the past six years.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...gro-and-borneo-motors-to-improve-private-hire

yksrel

Reaction score
hi anybody encountered this before:

Had a minor accident with another PHV (car belong to some car dealer in Turf City), and went for private settlement (private settlement form and etc signed). Done deal.
BUT, after 6 months later when I received the letter from my insurer then realised that the PHV Driver pulled a fast one and went on to claim (right after our private settlement), and the insurer had paid out! Wtf.
How to settle this?

Studded

Reaction score
Most simple way is to backward calculate...

Now ruby second lowest tier $230 need 260 gems. With the new gem incentive... $230/$0.45=511 gems

Means u need almost double the gems now... wu kou leng boh?

Now DT weekly already doing 630-660gems weekly... even in gems slightly increase now if i can do 511gems means i almost DT level liao.

Somemore i still 5 day driver... even more mission impossible... cos i need at least 100 gems each day. And evening peak gem cui liao.

So i rather go for weekly guarantee now. As long as i do 20 trips every day in 5 days my guarantee is $1250 before comm. so if grab still give me cui fare means they need to top up more. If they want to cheat to ensure i exceed then no top up or less top up even better cos i get better fares... also good when I want to CP

I almost done for this week... 104T but my gross only $1132 if weekly... i will get quite some top up. If remain as gem... my 260 gem only worth $117.

I'm also similar situation as you.. 5 day driver always aim for ruby $230 tier one but since now they going change the gem scheme, the better option is to opt in for weekly guarantee right? no need stress gem somemore still can cp :o

Brovale

Reaction score
hi anybody encountered this before:

Had a minor accident with another PHV (car belong to some car dealer in Turf City), and went for private settlement (private settlement form and etc signed). Done deal.
BUT, after 6 months later when I received the letter from my insurer then realised that the PHV Driver pulled a fast one and went on to claim (right after our private settlement), and the insurer had paid out! Wtf.
How to settle this?
You got white n black bo, regarding to private settle, there's something called accident private settlement form, agree to self settle, won't make police report n insurance claim for the accident, if got that you r safe. If bo, gg,you will need to settle the claim. (Rental company won't miss the chance to chop you one, own workshop, even minor can also turn into major, then make big claim, and they know as being phd you wouldn't or can't afford to hire lawyer to fight the case)

*If accident, just report police within 24hrs even though agree to private settlement, unless both signed some sort of agreement form, must be both "original signed"copy and payment make. If not later the other party chui pattern, and change his mind. With police report,you can still submit claim if that happened.

Last edited:

Brovale

Reaction score
At least 12hrs of driving each day

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
Ya at least 12hrs to hit 18-23pts, lots of long journey, nowadays peak morning get 4pts only if use autobid n bo CP. Remember time shown on app is base on distance calculation, not on traffic. So time show 7mins to pick up, you might already spend 10-15mins to get there, then 30-40mins, usually peak hrs traffic will take an hour to complete, then wait for ping timing.. not so easy to hit 30, dun even mention 35pts.

If CP, "so called fine tune system" wouldn't give priority pings to you, even red hot zone also no pings, especially now with so many new monks onborad, you dun do, others will, so gg.

Last edited:

PasarMalamKid

Reaction score
Greetings to all the seniors here. I will need some advices as I’m overwhelmed by all the incentives and the jargons used. Pardon my long post.

Due to family medical issues, we are in need of more income. Both my spouse and I are looking to get a second source of income to cope and tide us over at least a year. So I’m thinking to be a private hire. However, will need to rent as doesn’t own a car.

•Been reading through, I’m confused as Lumens and Grabrental are both mentioned, which will be less hassle when returning the car (no excessive checks of scratches).

•Only can drive part time, 6am to 11am. As my full-time job is 2pm to 2am.

•Can I add relief drivers if I choose Lumens instead of Grabrental?

•Thinking of getting a hybrid car, as read that the FC is lesser than petrol car, is it true?

•If hybrid, it’s mentioned that to get Prius instead, I assume it’s the MPV, right?

Thanks in advance to any advices given. Please try not to troll with me, as I recently can’t tell whether it’s troll or not, due to the stress.

Brovale

Reaction score
Greetings to all the seniors here. I will need some advices as I’m overwhelmed by all the incentives and the jargons used. Pardon my long post.

Due to family medical issues, we are in need of more income. Both my spouse and I are looking to get a second source of income to cope and tide us over at least a year. So I’m thinking to be a private hire. However, will need to rent as doesn’t own a car.

•Been reading through, I’m confused as Lumens and Grabrental are both mentioned, which will be less hassle when returning the car (no excessive checks of scratches).

•Thinking of getting a hybrid car, as read that the FC is lesser than petrol car, is it true?

•If hybrid, it’s mentioned that to get Prius instead, I assume it’s the MPV, right?

Thanks in advance to any advices given. Please try not to troll with me, as I recently can’t tell whether it’s troll or not, due to the stress.
Sorry to hear about your family member is sick. If you looking for part time, DON'T, base on your timing, you can't even barely make up the rental. With that short hrs, you can't get any "incentives", even base on fare, if you are lucky to get $20/hr*5=$100 after rental 50-90, you get nothing, GoJek for example, cheap fare, $6 even 10trips in 5hrs only $60. If u lucky hit minimum 10pts get another $20, that's all.

PhD is all about the incentives, and to get them, you need time to earn them. Most PT are viable cause they using own car, no rental commitment s.

Last edited:

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
Grab cui pattern because of too many monks.

If one notice, both incentive schemes have been calculated to optimise the usage of Grab pool of drivers' pattern.

mnxmnxmnx

Reaction score

Hours too short. Won't make it. Helping car rental company pay for car.

양 다우 왕

Reaction score
Should wait account active then get car

No need so gan chiong one

Grab account active first few day no special bonus or what one.

I waited few day then i rent a car when my Grab account got active

best is get those first day rental free.

then get car liao can take ur time go sin ming update everything. then drive drive around get use with the car...

Posted from PCWX using Ti Kor Liang Ti Kor Cho

nowadays grab onboarding will take few days. not only 1 day, so rental will be wasted.

ezxs2me

Reaction score
6-11am maybe u can gross $100.
Less 20% to grab and 20% petrol (average usage), your nett for that 5hrs drive abt $60. Use that to less whatever amount u need to pay for ur car rental. That's roughly how much u can make.

Base on ur full time working hours (12hrs?), and the driving hours during the morning peak period, u gonna be damn shag man. Not sure how long u can tahan.

DON'T do this. cost too high liao. Furthermore this is a high risk job. Not worth it.

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5hr drive get petrol car. You cant maximise hybrid.
Best is to be a relief driver nearby ur hse or rent from hourly coy like smove or tribecar etc...
Dont rent from fleet partners(Grabrental/lumen auto/etc) unless you can hit 100 trips a week.

Per day nett earnings should be only 2 digit.

Worth it or not? U depends.

Most of us wont recommend.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Might as well rest on work day.

Then weekend rent tribecar drive Grab

Emerald tier minimum guarantee $9.6 nett per trip

40 trip per weekend got $384 nett

Posted from PCWX using Ti Kor Liang Ti Kor Cho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.