DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to a DBS branch and asked for the manuProtect Decreasing Lite. The staff quoted me $40+ per month premium. How did u guys get $10-$15 per month?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Did you choose the shortest tenure for 150k?

koolkool

Reaction score
Did you choose the shortest tenure for 150k?
Thanks. I asked for the cheapest and the staff quoted me this amt. I'll try another branch and asked for shortest tenure. Do u know what's the shortest tenure? Haiz. I think he doesn't want to do business since premium so little.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to a DBS branch and asked for the manuProtect Decreasing Lite. The staff quoted me $40+ per month premium. How did u guys get $10-$15 per month?

Since I have no outstanding loan, I got the ManuProtect TermLite instead.

Ask the agent for a quote. They can cater the insured amount to give you the monthly premium you desired.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since I have no outstanding loan, I got the ManuProtect TermLite instead.

Ask the agent for a quote. They can cater the insured amount to give you the monthly premium you desired.

It doesn't matter if you have any outstanding loans or not

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I asked for the cheapest and the staff quoted me this amt. I'll try another branch and asked for shortest tenure. Do u know what's the shortest tenure? Haiz. I think he doesn't want to do business since premium so little.

The agent who attended to me said many new customers were looking to get insured partly due to the new tier requirements, so the agent was quite well versed when I stated my intention, and gave me a list of options quite fast.

Everything is done on iPad, and took me about one hour to complete as I am an existing DBS/POSB customer

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I can recommend someone from Parkway branch if you are nearby. He helped me and knew why I was buying (for multiplier)

spearhawk

Reaction score

Let them know you want the below.

B7UcKNl.jpg

koolkool

Reaction score
Thanks Spearhawk, highsulphur and chiokcc for all your help. Managed to get the insurance done just now at another branch. Lots of questions asked and spent a while in the bank. But I think I forgot about the advice here and signed up to pay annually not monthly.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Spearhawk, highsulphur and chiokcc for all your help. Managed to get the insurance done just now at another branch. Lots of questions asked and spent a while in the bank. But I think I forgot about the advice here and signed up to pay annually not monthly.

I did annually too with cash option so I won't be renewing

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between pay annually vs monthly? Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT

spearhawk

Reaction score
What is the difference between pay annually vs monthly? Thanks

Annually slightly cheaper, but monthly allows you the flexibility to cancel early if DBS multiplier tncs changed anytime to be less favourable.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Annually slightly cheaper, but monthly allows you the flexibility to cancel early if DBS multiplier tncs changed anytime to be less favourable.

If you do monthly, must remember to cancel giro after 12 months?

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
For annual payment there should be proration if cancel early?

o2atom

Reaction score
I did annually too with cash option so I won't be renewing

Correct me if I am wrong, if you paid it annually, wouldn't the deduction be one time only? How are you going to meet the multiplier requirement for the next 11 months?

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, if you paid it annually, wouldn't the deduction be one time only? How are you going to meet the multiplier requirement for the next 11 months?

They will prorate the annual payment over 12 months for the purpose of the multiplier tiering

o2atom

Reaction score
For annual payment there should be proration if cancel early?

Please check your policy document. Some insurance do not refund premium though.
My understanding is that the premium diff. between monthly and annually is about 3%. So even if you pay monthly, it will only be 30+ cents more for $12 monthly premium (can be easily covered by the additional interest u earn).

Last edited:

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
Have an idea but not sure whether it will work.

Currently I already have 3 categories for the multiplier but have problems getting the 30k transaction to qualify for the 3.8% interest.

I was thinking of just buy 12k worth of shares and then sell it immediately. Will the total transaction be 24k?

This would allow the 100k I have to earn an average of 3.65% pa. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.