Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Better Tomorrow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah long wants to put money into the account. Let them do it.
After spending it and poh mata, be prepared to be tio gan by the IO.

But it does not change the fact that you are the victim and when people throw money freely, the natural response is to grab first.

polarinda

Reaction score
Ah long wants to put money into the account. Let them do it.
After spending it and poh mata, be prepared to be tio gan by the IO.

But it does not change the fact that you are the victim and when people throw money freely, the natural response is to grab first.

My bank said they will try to reverse the money to the sender(probably a victim's acct ). If they can't then police advise is to return to State or just hold it in your bank perpetually.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Have you reported on the bank account number? What police will do is instruct bank to freeze that account and of course they will also ask the account holder to go down for investigation.

Sorry to hear that but indeed you have loaned from LS.

My case here is $ not yet received but asked for another 2k n comes out with nonsense reason.

I will not entertain them n let police handle this case.

Nancyy

Reaction score
Police did not instruct me to freeze that account. But I have closed it

Have you reported on the bank account number? What police will do is instruct bank to freeze that account and of course they will also ask the account holder to go down for investigation.

ITGirL

Reaction score
My block downstairs inside n outside lift n 2nd flr staircase there r total 6 CCTV ..However I will still install 1 just in case runner turned up. Also want to get this resolved asap.

Can you guys advise where to buy cctv?

Reaction score
I got read past posts as well. Even got one ah long posted in here. Of course people will take precaution. But what I’ve experienced was a nightmare for me also. Day and night living in fear. From a $800 loan and even I wanted to pay off, they kept deferred until I cannot substain it. Then the temptation on borrowing another to cover which was a stupid move. It only solved that week’s loan but following week I suffered

Which one ah long posting?

Reaction score
I will take out my chopper from kitchen n will call 999 as well

Pls take it easy. Runner is real people and might also be victim. Pls don't harm people no matter how angry or stress you might be. Let the CCTV and police do their work. Be not afraid of them, be strong and move on.

Nancyy

Reaction score
I won't go to that extend to kill runner but as a mother I want to protect my children. I don't wish to guess what they will do but I hv to b prepared.

As they will act only during our slp then try his luck..

Pls take it easy. Runner is real people and might also be victim. Pls don't harm people no matter how angry or stress you might be. Let the CCTV and police do their work. Be not afraid of them, be strong and move on.

Xyz@1234

Reaction score
Can you guys advise where to buy cctv?

Does it help by installing Cctv? I just met with a loan scam last week and I gave them my IC and singpass as well. They then tfr me $800 and ask me to tfr them back $1600. After doing so, they requested me to tfr another $2800 for new ‘customer’ and without thinking much, I did. It only took me a while to realize that I’ve been scammed as they explained that the $2800 is for opening up active account and I have to tfr another $2800 to open up inactive account. End up I told them I’m not loaning anymore but they insist that loan was approved and I have to tfr them the balance $2800. I had signed on an agreement what should I do? Real stresses up now as they should think that I’m easy target.

ABAB001

Reaction score
Does it help by installing Cctv? I just met with a loan scam last week and I gave them my IC and singpass as well. They then tfr me $800 and ask me to tfr them back $1600. After doing so, they requested me to tfr another $2800 for new ‘customer’ and without thinking much, I did. It only took me a while to realize that I’ve been scammed as they explained that the $2800 is for opening up active account and I have to tfr another $2800 to open up inactive account. End up I told them I’m not loaning anymore but they insist that loan was approved and I have to tfr them the balance $2800. I had signed on an agreement what should I do? Real stresses up now as they should think that I’m easy target.

Stupid enough I got scam yesterday too and I transfer them back the amount and another 600. They asked for more and threaten my family through calling my house number . I told my family about it and they are supportive . I Guess if they want to splash paint , burn or send letter to neighbours there is nothing we can do except inform police .

When they know they can’t get anything out of you they will stop . The more they think you can squeeze the more they will find you .

Anyway police say is up to us whether to fix cctv or not . But I heard if we fix cctv normally they won’t tackle us , they will tackle the neighbours . Not sure about it .

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Why you even want to transfer them the money when you have enough money for yourself? It’s hard to get back your money now. They usually used this tactic to trick people.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Bro, I think you already won by having your family’s support. They send runner also need to pay them. Technically you don’t owe them anything. They just think you are easy target. So now, lodge police report. Install cctv and deactivate your social media accounts to prevent them from further threats.

Stupid enough I got scam yesterday too and I transfer them back the amount and another 600. They asked for more and threaten my family through calling my house number . I told my family about it and they are supportive . I Guess if they want to splash paint , burn or send letter to neighbours there is nothing we can do except inform police .

When they know they can’t get anything out of you they will stop . The more they think you can squeeze the more they will find you .

Anyway police say is up to us whether to fix cctv or not . But I heard if we fix cctv normally they won’t tackle us , they will tackle the neighbours . Not sure about it .

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Sister, I think you don’t engage them cos you woman. Cctv will help. And they only using threats to scare you cos they think women are easy targets.

I won't go to that extend to kill runner but as a mother I want to protect my children. I don't wish to guess what they will do but I hv to b prepared.

seowliao

Reaction score

pls remind your children to be extra vigilant too... keep a lookout for any suspicious character around your unit or area..

ABAB001

Reaction score
Bro, I think you already won by having your family’s support. They send runner also need to pay them. Technically you don’t owe them anything. They just think you are easy target. So now, lodge police report. Install cctv and deactivate your social media accounts to prevent them from further threats.

Thanks bro. Done that . I have deactivate my account and all . Except for installing cctv and change all the number .

It’s true technically but they think I owe them 5-10k . Ridiculously! I think the first thing they will consider is to send letter to all my neighbours and embarrass us and splash paint ba . I was hoping for them to do that . Really hope that police can manage to nab one !

Xyz@1234

Reaction score

Does living in a condo provides more restrictions for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.