Treasure at Tampines

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was trying to think hard and make connection between what u meant by students’ choice in number of questions in the assignment they choose vs my statement on “willing buyer, willing seller”. They simply don’t gel and probably you have misunderstood my point.

With no intention to offend, bro, I noticed recently your points are rather skewed when u keep using % of unsold units (especially on mega projects) to prove your point on the poor buying sentiments. You may only be telling the half truth.
I do acknowledge some projects like G&L are not selling well and have not evaded the fact that they have priced their unit in a rather obscene manner.
But in the recent past two months, I’m still seeing treasure moving around 50 plus units and Florence are also moving around 50 plus units every month and is not as gloomy as you have painted. Unless you are telling me the ura/srx/per sq foot data are lying? Obviously, these mega projects needs to take longer time to sell compared to smaller project like sky Everton.

But what I’m seeing here is there’s still some buying activities going on despite recent dampening factors like latest CM on LTV and ABSD, slow economy, higher interest rate etc.

Honestly, I’m not even impressed when sky Everton is 50% sold because it has only 200 plus units to begin with. Recent article saw a 1.3% rise in price and I’m not impressed at all as it could be a case of anomaly.

We need to look at things in totality and comment objectively.

No problem. I believe your idea of time of entry is similar to mine, so we are actually looking at the data from an arms length. You notice I am only replying to you as I wanted to exchange notes with you.

I was also surprised by the increase in price. However, must also look at the volume of transaction and percentage of transaction of new launch versus resale.

Some Analysts say this is a dampening effect, meaning last quarter minus 1%, this quarter plus 1 %, next quarter 0 or minus again. But not deviate by the band of plus minus 1 to 2%.

Last edited:

AlohaBeach

Reaction score
No problem. I believe your idea of time of entry is similar to mine, so we are actually looking at the data from an arms length. You notice I am only replying to you as I wanted to exchange notes with you.

I was also surprised by the increase in price. However, must also look at the volume of transaction and percentage of transaction of new launch versus resale.

Some Analysts say this is a dampening effect, meaning last quarter minus 1%, this quarter plus 1 %, next quarter 0 or minus again. But not deviate by the band of plus minus 1 to 2%.

Allow me to chip in here as I’ve just bought another place at a 2016 price.

I believe we are in unchartered territory - the years of QE: Low interest rates and money printing has led to 11 years of asset price inflation.

What will happen to the property market in the next 5 years? Honestly it is anyone’s Guess. I used to be more sure but now I realise this economic cycle is very different from the previous ones. Governments will not allow their economies to correct and instead will hold interest rates Low and money supply high. We could be seeing a persistently long period of high prices.

This means that the prudent people who believe in spending within your means will suffer during this period of time.

Also the future generations will suffer because there has been no real economic growth - just inflation of asset prices.

However, also because of the large amounts of debt being held and the price rises- when a crisis does strike - the price correction will be biblical. There is no way that there will not be a correction but the key is just when. At this point where we stand - we have no idea when.

Buy if you need a place to stay or if you can get a place at a good price.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Bro, you are pretty sharp that our idea of time entry is rather similar. Apart buying for self stay, from investment point of view, you probably would have noticed that those who are long enough in property have already quit buying anything during this period of time. If u recall from my previous posts, all my funds have already been transferred to other areas.
Sometimes, patient is a virtue and you will be handsomely rewarded if one enters at the right time.

Recently, I randomly take a peep at some data and like you, am surprised to see there’s still some buying activities going on and price remains resilient. Florence residence for example, seems to come back to life again.
I am unable to retrieve data to have a better understanding of the buyers’ profile. Are they HDB upgraders? Are they buying as a second property for investment? Or are they buying after they had decoupled or sold their previous property? Or singles buying for self stay after moving out from parents?

All these may point to us whether there’s a genuine demand or it’s just herd mentality.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

I believe we are in unchartered territory - the years of QE: Low interest rates and money printing has led to 11 years of asset price inflation.

What will happen to the property market in the next 5 years? Honestly it is anyone’s Guess. I used to be more sure but now I realise this economic cycle is very different from the previous ones. Governments will not allow their economies to correct and instead will hold interest rates Low and money supply high. We could be seeing a persistently long period of high prices.

This means that the prudent people who believe in spending within your means will suffer during this period of time.

Also the future generations will suffer because there has been no real economic growth - just inflation of asset prices.

However, also because of the large amounts of debt being held and the price rises- when a crisis does strike - the price correction will be biblical. There is no way that there will not be a correction but the key is just when. At this point where we stand - we have no idea when.

A very insightful sharing.
Bro, your enter timing was rather spot on.

For my case, my exit plan was in 2018 (5 months before the CM). Recently, I noticed that my neighbour was transacting 300k lower than what I had sold in 2018.

Can really see some dampening effect has already putting a toll on resale price due to so many new launches in the pipeline. It is the new launch that keeps the price resilient.

Last edited:

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that whole stretch of hdb blocks from 401 to 408 or 9... i walked home from school everyday during primary sch days... the current nan hua high school and casa clementi hdb plots were still a hilly forest with "haunted house" (i think actually some vet) lol...

i stayed in clementi central for 25yrs. nowadays i go back to clementi area 2-3 times a year... was there last week... looked at my old house which is now a soon to be completed ~40storey hdb... so nostalgic... but at the same time i see the whole clementi area from ave 1 to 6... so many skyscraper hdbs now... but still with the same roads... now ask me stay there, don't think i would want.

The hilly forest had a ww 2 unexploded bomb. I still remember lol

Brown24

Reaction score
Another Newly TOP project.. Kingsford Waterbay. Annualised % one bedder is still better.
We can’t just concur and say that 1 bedder are a sure lose.

1 bedder
PHyK3G5.jpg

2 bedder
ccvWDlF.jpg

Bro, u keep justifying yr shoebox at Woodlands is a good buy, u not tired meh...
Buy liao no need care what others think or feel 1...Unless u r not confident of yr decision and need others support to justify yr choice

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can quote where did i talk about Woodlands? :s11:

Bro, u keep justifying yr shoebox at Woodlands is a good buy, u not tired meh...
Buy liao no need care what others think or feel 1...Unless u r not confident of yr decision and need others support to justify yr choice

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

He’s probably just trying to illustrate not all 2 bedder are always more profitable than 1 bedder.
And he is not wrong because I recalled my 1 bedder sold at 200k profit immediately after TOP.
It really depends on location and your entry price.

Last edited:

zinedine

Reaction score

Knew of someone who lost 100k on a resale HDB flat in Marine Parade which was bought at 400k. And they had to wait for more than a year to find a buyer. To lose 100k from a HDB flat is biblical enough. That is a 25% loss.

Have seen also 2 bedder condo making a 100k loss.

There are however, some who can afford such losses or situations allowing for such losses.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i noticed that many agents are using kingsford waterbay as an example to convince their prospective buyers about capital appreciation.

i feel that kingsford is an anomaly by itself. i believe it got repriced multiple times till it was sold out and owners flipped at a further profit at TOP.

still trying to figure out what actually happened that drove this behavior. the project isn't exactly fantastic in terms of location/amenities/accessibility/schools.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i noticed that many agents are using kingsford waterbay as an example to convince their prospective buyers about capital appreciation.

i feel that kingsford is an anomaly by itself. i believe it got repriced multiple times till it was sold out and owners flipped at a further profit at TOP.

still trying to figure out what actually happened that drove this behavior. the project isn't exactly fantastic in terms of location/amenities/accessibility/schools.

Back in 2015 when Kingsford was launched the prices were only about 1000-1100psf (some units even transacted below 1000psf) that explains the profit. Given that in current market even new ECs are expected to be priced around 1000-1100psf and new private condos are going at about 1300psf on average.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

A few years later, you will noticed that pple will start to use Parc Botannia to convince buyers about capital appreciation when it TOP.

You will probably still be thinking the same thing. “There’s nothing fantastic about Parc Botannia location and it could be another case of anomaly”
Like you, I will be scratching my head too.

Well bro, think about it again, hasn’t history taught us the same thing over and over again for the past two decades?

Last edited:

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A few years later, you will noticed that pple will start to use Parc Botannia to convince buyers about capital appreciation when it TOP.

You will probably still be thinking the same thing. “There’s nothing fantastic about Parc Botannia location and it could be another case of anomaly”
Like you, I will be scratching my head too.

Well bro, think about it again, hasn’t history taught us the same thing over and over again for the past two decades?
Good point. Thanks bro.

Still scratching my head lol

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Good point. Thanks bro.

Still scratching my head lol

Haha me too, was wondering especially when kingsford has past history of getting into so many safety breaches with BCA while building and yet TOP units still can fetch 200k to 300k profit. Lol
Plus location ain’t fantastic at all.

zinedine

Reaction score

I was there at the tail-end of the sale. One factor that I can understand is that all the units get to face the pool. Another was that there was no more or new launches left. I remembered I was looking at 3-bedder resale condos when my agent suggested viewing Kingsbay. Almost bought it, out of fear that no more new condos r coming out and don't want to miss the boat or that the price is going to jump even higher...

I believe the government had not made that comment about the "euphoria" thing back then ...

zinedine

Reaction score
Haha me too, was wondering especially when kingsford has past history of getting into so many safety breaches with BCA while building and yet TOP units still can fetch 200k to 300k profit. Lol
Plus location ain’t fantastic at all.

Few would know about kingsford's safety breaches and that is if they read the news in the papers themselves. I got to know first hand thru friends who are architects working in that project and was told not to buy them. When i did more research online about this co, then I found about their other development in West which was problematic too. Good that the government slapped them now with a measure before they can start selling their Normanton development.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Few would know about kingsford's safety breaches and that is if they read the news in the papers themselves. I got to know first hand thru friends who are architects working in that project and was told not to buy them. When i did more research online about this co, then I found about their other development in West which was problematic too. Good that the government slapped them now with a measure before they can start selling their Normanton development.

Look out for normantan, there could be firesales. Hehe

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Showflat structure for normanton has been up for quite some time. I Guess it will be halted for a Long time till all is clear for the developer. Could foresee firesales for them to clear.

Look out for normantan, there could be firesales. Hehe

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Showflat structure for normanton has been up for quite some time. I Guess it will be halted for a Long time till all is clear for the developer. Could foresee firesales for them to clear.

1800 units to clear and still get halted for safety breaches.
No fire sales no buy. Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.