Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

victim0001

Reaction score
the sooner u change your number and stop engaging them, the sooner your nightmare will end.

engaging them and paying back will only drag u further into hell.

ask your bank to transfer the money back.

if they can't then return to Police as State's money.

change your bank acct also.

inform all contacts and wait it out.

there's nothing else u need to do.

these are criminals.

let them come if they want to .

install cctv and if they r caught, they will be jailed and caned.

don't be afraid of criminals.

U give me hopes with all these words . Thank you so much . Im waiting.. but my next payment is 13th so these few days confirm nothing happen

polarinda

Reaction score
U give me hopes with all these words . Thank you so much . Im waiting.. but my next payment is 13th so these few days confirm nothing happen

do all the above and hope for the best.

if something happen, it's a criminal act.

report police when that happens.

don't worry too much if something will happen. If it happens, it happens. Life is so much more than that...worrying.

victim0001

Reaction score
do all the above and hope for the best.

if something happen, it's a criminal act.

report police when that happens.

don't worry too much if something will happen. If it happens, it happens. Life is so much more than that...worrying.

Regarding the cctv , my main door is facing the corridor , walk way . Pls advice how . Or any link i can go thru ?

Where to buy cheap cctv and installation fee how much

Reaction score

ABAB001

Reaction score
Yes totally agree on this . Everyone should stop paying them . Any form of weakness will really strengthen them.

ABAB001

Reaction score
They will start threatening you when they know you will not be paying . So don’t be afraid. Let them do what they want to do . At the end of the day, what done is done.

victim0001

Reaction score
I realize our hdb side , infront lift has cctv , lift inside have cctv also . Do i still need to install one ? 😅

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Actually you should read the previous thread Part 1. Then you will know how to handle them. By paying them isn’t going to help you because they will know you are “good” customer and they will tempt you to take another loan. So you better don’t pay them a single cent.

Well. And i just noticed theres a board wrote police camera in operation .. hope this is enough to make those runner change mind..

ABAB001

Reaction score
Well. And i just noticed theres a board wrote police camera in operation .. hope this is enough to make those runner change mind..

I don’t have one . I’m just gonna let it be . If anything, just contact police. For my case they patrol here Everyday just to make sure all is good .

Anyway they won’t harm you . They just want money so they will just use ways to frighten you. Just stay calm :)

victim0001

Reaction score
I don’t have one . I’m just gonna let it be . If anything, just contact police. For my case they patrol here Everyday just to make sure all is good .

Anyway they won’t harm you . They just want money so they will just use ways to frighten you. Just stay calm :)

I will not pay but what make me worry is that he gave 800 to me and i only returned 320 to him.. so he loss money . He sure very angry .. sigh

victim0001

Reaction score

How is ur situation now bro , how much u owe pls sharing

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you want to worry so much about the loanshark. He angry then let him be angry. You need to worry about yourself more

I will not pay but what make me worry is that he gave 800 to me and i only returned 320 to him.. so he loss money . He sure very angry .. sigh

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you want to worry so much about the loanshark. He angry then let him be angry. You need to worry about yourself more

Wise words. Some are just subconsciously afraid and thus giving in to their fear.

But Victim0001, look at us, we didn't pay for quite some time now, our houses are still intact. If you fear, just refrain from reading and replying their text. Change your number and you'll find peace.

victim0001

Reaction score
Wise words. Some are just subconsciously afraid and thus giving in to their fear.

But Victim0001, look at us, we didn't pay for quite some time now, our houses are still intact. If you fear, just refrain from reading and replying their text. Change your number and you'll find peace.

Guys thank you so much for all the advice . I brave myself to not pay them any cent . Thanks!!

seowliao

Reaction score

angry !!! just dont understand your mindset..
how about those victims who have been scammed and harassed , are they not in a better position to be angry ???

olaitshawaii

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sisters, after reading all the motivations and moral support - I'm brave enough to share my stories with you all. But first of all, I would love to thank all of you for giving wise advices & what to and not to do.

I started having problems with paying my bill thus I loaned from one of the loansharks. As per normal, it's always the first timer loan where you'll get lower than what you asked for. I've paid them, as a promise they'll lend me bigger amount.

I did borrow from three of the loansharks. So it's like borrowing from another to close the others. But after payment were made with the first one, they ignored me and I had difficulties to make payment with the second and third one. I started searching for another loan and came this person who said that those three are loansharks but not to worry, he'll help to pay my loans to their bosses and nothing will happen to me. Honestly, I trusted him at first since he kind of giving supportive words - telling me not to see their messages and ignore.

But after doing so, I felt that it's really weird because if he settled with their bosses, why can't their bosses inform them to not disturb me anymore? Instead, they threatened me a lot to the extent of asking me to sell body at Geylang. One of them even said that my bank acc now is loanshark acc and I'll be eating rice with curry when going to prison.

Also, I just realized that I also did borrow from them which required digital signature on a document. They'll ask you to download Adobe to sign and return it back to them - as if they're legal.

I ended up not paying the second and third loansharks, incl the man who so-called helped me. I filed police report and now, it's still on-going case. My NOK was angry at first but I've explained everything and she's calm now. My workplace colleagues also understand my situation. None are angry. Instead, they did help me out since we're all like family already.

In types of harassment, I've just received messages from my friends that they pm-ed them on Facebook - spreading my IC and asking them to tell me that I've yet to pay. I then deactivated my account. I'm still ongoing of these issues.

At times, I feel scared but I kept on reading all the comments here and I'm much more motivated to move on with my life, face the threatening and harrassment. Since my IO is the same religion as me, he also did mention : You're scared with loanshark or scared with God? Who'll take care of you? Loanshark or God?

That made me more brave to move forward. So hope to hear from everyone soon! It's a really turning point for me now.

victim0001

Reaction score
angry !!! just dont understand your mindset..
how about those victims who have been scammed and harassed , are they not in a better position to be angry ???

Dear , today i made 2nd report as another uml call to ask if i need loan . Even i changed my number , i guess they get my nunber from calling my office ask for my number pretend as they are my customer... Damn

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.