Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

polarinda

Reaction score
Dear , today i made 2nd report as another uml call to ask if i need loan . Even i changed my number , i guess they get my nunber from calling my office ask for my number pretend as they are my customer... Damn

why pick up unknown calls in the first place?

your office reception just give out handphone numbers like that?

Last edited:

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Actually I am not sure if you truly read through the whole thread here. Some of your comments here really can vomit blood

Dear , today i made 2nd report as another uml call to ask if i need loan . Even i changed my number , i guess they get my nunber from calling my office ask for my number pretend as they are my customer... Damn

Messup

Reaction score

They specifically look for you? Or it’s just another random solicitation call?

Anyway, once you touch any of these, your number will be circulated within their industry. So, live with it if you don’t want to change your number

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sisters, after reading all the motivations and moral support - I'm brave enough to share my stories with you all. But first of all, I would love to thank all of you for giving wise advices & what to and not to do.

I started having problems with paying my bill thus I loaned from one of the loansharks. As per normal, it's always the first timer loan where you'll get lower than what you asked for. I've paid them, as a promise they'll lend me bigger amount.

I did borrow from three of the loansharks. So it's like borrowing from another to close the others. But after payment were made with the first one, they ignored me and I had difficulties to make payment with the second and third one. I started searching for another loan and came this person who said that those three are loansharks but not to worry, he'll help to pay my loans to their bosses and nothing will happen to me. Honestly, I trusted him at first since he kind of giving supportive words - telling me not to see their messages and ignore.

But after doing so, I felt that it's really weird because if he settled with their bosses, why can't their bosses inform them to not disturb me anymore? Instead, they threatened me a lot to the extent of asking me to sell body at Geylang. One of them even said that my bank acc now is loanshark acc and I'll be eating rice with curry when going to prison.

Also, I just realized that I also did borrow from them which required digital signature on a document. They'll ask you to download Adobe to sign and return it back to them - as if they're legal.

I ended up not paying the second and third loansharks, incl the man who so-called helped me. I filed police report and now, it's still on-going case. My NOK was angry at first but I've explained everything and she's calm now. My workplace colleagues also understand my situation. None are angry. Instead, they did help me out since we're all like family already.

In types of harassment, I've just received messages from my friends that they pm-ed them on Facebook - spreading my IC and asking them to tell me that I've yet to pay. I then deactivated my account. I'm still ongoing of these issues.

At times, I feel scared but I kept on reading all the comments here and I'm much more motivated to move on with my life, face the threatening and harrassment. Since my IO is the same religion as me, he also did mention : You're scared with loanshark or scared with God? Who'll take care of you? Loanshark or God?

That made me more brave to move forward. So hope to hear from everyone soon! It's a really turning point for me now.

All I could give you now, a thumbs up for your bravery and commitment to cripple these syndicates. Sincerely hope that nothing happens to you after you have reported to the police since you are just paying off scams and not helping them.

victim0001

Reaction score
why pick up unknown calls in the first place?

your office reception just give out handphone numbers like that?

Everyday we have customer call up n ask for number , some of them lost our name card etc . Lots reason tho.. so for us is kinda normal . I have told them not to give number unless they ask properly first

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
I am done vomited blood from earlier and now I see your reply. I think my organs also internal bleeding. Bro, don’t be so naive already. Please go and read the past thread on how to handle.

Everyday we have customer call up n ask for number , some of them lost our name card etc . Lots reason tho.. so for us is kinda normal . I have told them not to give number unless they ask properly first

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hey,

After 4months im moving on with my life. Finally found a new job. I still get visits from scammed teenagers from carousell etc.

seowliao

Reaction score
I am done vomited blood from earlier and now I see your reply. I think my organs also internal bleeding. Bro, don’t be so naive already. Please go and read the past thread on how to handle.

me too... we can only share our experiences and advice here..its up to you

Reaction score
Hi! Thank you so much for this threads. Let me share to you my story. I’m confused if this is a Loan Scam or a loan Shark. Please advice me.

I received a text message with an ad of loaning money. So I whatsapped the number, he “Jensen” +65 8579 9501 asked for my IC and CPF contribution so I gave it away.

He then transfereed me $400 with a message saying “take 400 clear 600 and defer 200 5 day loan” so whatever that means at first, I have no idea. But now it’s pretty clear to me 600 to clear and the 200 won’t “activate my loan” so I paid $200 on the 5th day and paid $600 on the 10th day so i can “activate my loan” “Jensen” then transfered me to his “admin”. They use the voice recording feature in whatsapp btw.

Jensen’s Admin (82127853) then called me on whatsapp to ask me to pay $550 admin charge. Even types on whatsapp $550(APPROVE CHANGE/ AGREMENT CHANGE ) so desperate me went to transfer $550 and upon transfering he said “WHY YOU IN $550 ONLY?” So crap, he meant 2 x $550. I’m still hoping that this is not a scam at this point. He also uses the voice messaging app on whatsapp. After I paid them $1900 total, the admin suddenly want to ask me to pay for “Insurance” which cost $870. And that’s when I lost it. I may have lost $1900 but don’t be like me.

Which brings me to another story of “Jeremy” 8549 5712 who sounds too similar to “Admin”. How do i know? They keep using the voice feature of whatsapp. Messaged me around 7 days after “Jensen” messaged me asking for loan. This “Jeremy” asked me if I want a loan and same process as Jensen. Transfered 400. Clear 600 defer 200.

Back to the current issue. I realized that “Jensen” and “Jensen’s Admin” are just scamming me and after I released $1900, I still didn’t receive any money. And this “Jeremy” is now asking for “Clear 600 defer 200” payment. So I blocked all of them in whatsapp. And still this “Jeremy” sent me threats (a video of a painted door with 0$P$ sign”) using different numbers on whatsapp. On the other hand “Jensen” and “Jensen Admin” didnt bother following up coz I guess they already scammed me. But this is for sure “Jensen Admin” (82127853) and Jeremy (+65 8549 5712, +65 8177 5763) is the same person.

I’ve reported Jensen and Jensen Admin to the police yesterday. I give the police their number, account numbers they used and hopefully, no one will fall to this scheme again. But are they loan sharks or just loan scams? And will they really burn my house coz they lost $400?

They are LOAN SCAMS.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sisters, after reading all the motivations and moral support - I'm brave enough to share my stories with you all. But first of all, I would love to thank all of you for giving wise advices & what to and not to do.

I started having problems with paying my bill thus I loaned from one of the loansharks. As per normal, it's always the first timer loan where you'll get lower than what you asked for. I've paid them, as a promise they'll lend me bigger amount.

I did borrow from three of the loansharks. So it's like borrowing from another to close the others. But after payment were made with the first one, they ignored me and I had difficulties to make payment with the second and third one. I started searching for another loan and came this person who said that those three are loansharks but not to worry, he'll help to pay my loans to their bosses and nothing will happen to me. Honestly, I trusted him at first since he kind of giving supportive words - telling me not to see their messages and ignore.

But after doing so, I felt that it's really weird because if he settled with their bosses, why can't their bosses inform them to not disturb me anymore? Instead, they threatened me a lot to the extent of asking me to sell body at Geylang. One of them even said that my bank acc now is loanshark acc and I'll be eating rice with curry when going to prison.

Also, I just realized that I also did borrow from them which required digital signature on a document. They'll ask you to download Adobe to sign and return it back to them - as if they're legal.

I ended up not paying the second and third loansharks, incl the man who so-called helped me. I filed police report and now, it's still on-going case. My NOK was angry at first but I've explained everything and she's calm now. My workplace colleagues also understand my situation. None are angry. Instead, they did help me out since we're all like family already.

In types of harassment, I've just received messages from my friends that they pm-ed them on Facebook - spreading my IC and asking them to tell me that I've yet to pay. I then deactivated my account. I'm still ongoing of these issues.

At times, I feel scared but I kept on reading all the comments here and I'm much more motivated to move on with my life, face the threatening and harrassment. Since my IO is the same religion as me, he also did mention : You're scared with loanshark or scared with God? Who'll take care of you? Loanshark or God?

That made me more brave to move forward. So hope to hear from everyone soon! It's a really turning point for me now.

Stay strong and move ahead!

The best quote "Instead, they did help me out since we're all like family already."

Take care!

currysauce77

Reaction score
Thanks Justice League! I blocked and reported their numbers. And quickly changed my number. Working on changing my bank account number..

To what extent to Loan Scammers will harass their victim? I’m mentally preparing if they visit my house. We have 6 CCTVs around the blocks, lift and staircases. They claim I took $400 from them. Will they really chase for that $400? They scammed me $1.9k! Tskkkk..

Anyway, thank you so much for the advice!

Reaction score
Thanks Justice League! I blocked and reported their numbers. And quickly changed my number. Working on changing my bank account number..

To what extent to Loan Scammers will harass their victim? I’m mentally preparing if they visit my house. We have 6 CCTVs around the blocks, lift and staircases. They claim I took $400 from them. Will they really chase for that $400? They scammed me $1.9k! Tskkkk..

Anyway, thank you so much for the advice!

Criminals who use lies and fear to scam people have no logic. Break contact. If they harass so be it, file more report.

Fear them not, any suspicious people or splash etc, call 999 and police will come. Evidence collected, arrest to follow soon with all the cctvs around you.

Stay strong! You might like to censor you post, a bit too much identifiable details.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
I just hope those new readers who needed help could take the time to go through part 1 and see the common advices we are giving to everyone too. Most of the contributors here all experienced the same ordeal. Simple logical advice like most gave. Stop paying them anymore. We all not saying we very smart and must do it our way. We all went through the same before and realised that paying them off is not the only solution. In fact, not paying is to save yourself and consider a mistake made and don’t repeat it.

me too... we can only share our experiences and advice here..its up to you

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Congrats bro. This is a good example to those who think by paying off will solve everything. Look at our brother here. 4 months and he still have a life and a lesson learnt. Good on you, mate.

Hey,

After 4months im moving on with my life. Finally found a new job. I still get visits from scammed teenagers from carousell etc.

currysauce77

Reaction score
Criminals who use lies and fear to scam people have no logic. Break contact. If they harass so be it, file more report.

Fear them not, any suspicious people or splash etc, call 999 and police will come. Evidence collected, arrest to follow soon with all the cctvs around you.

Stay strong! You might like to censor you post, a bit too much identifiable details.

Sorry, was very upset so shared too much information. Edited by first post. BUT can’t edit the quoted ones. Lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.