[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC86U

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
It wont be plug and play. at minimum, will still need to run the “setup wizard“ which would be step by step.

if it's your first time, 30mins - 1hr should be enough to get your network up and running using default firmware and basic settings.. most of the process is just click next next next..

Thanks for the replies :)

Regarding the China or local set, the same applies and it doesnt affect anything as in running the setup and click x 3? :) Paiseh paiseh....thanks :o

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :)

Regarding the China or local set, the same applies and it doesnt affect anything as in running the setup and click x 3? :) Paiseh paiseh....thanks :o
functionality wise.. both are identical.. just box and maybe the name of router different.. if I'm not wrong China is using the white box version but sg is the black box version..

but as kashix mentioned, it's better to pay about more for the 3 years warranty for something that is running almost 24/7..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Not worth to buy China set. Pay a bit more go local set for the 3 years warranty. If you buy and got problem it’s gg. Nowadays router QC not say very good.

functionality wise.. both are identical.. just box and maybe the name of router different.. if I'm not wrong China is using the white box version but sg is the black box version..

but as kashix mentioned, it's better to pay about more for the 3 years warranty for something that is running almost 24/7..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Roger! Thank you all :)

eting72

Reaction score
Not worth to buy China set. Pay a bit more go local set for the 3 years warranty. If you buy and got problem it’s gg. Nowadays router QC not say very good.

i'm one of those who took the plunge, it was 190+ after all discounts and vouchers so i just can't resist....
fingers crossed that it last as long as my ac68u, almost 6 yrs and going!
happy with performance thus far

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2x AC68U still going strong haha

I'm waiting for AX86U to hopefully come out and have Merlin support before upgrading.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best deal so far is 250????0

if you have hsbc cc..you get another $10 off...so become 240..

was using portalwifi...now itchy hand want try this asus router...portal wifi too basic ...not much interface to play with.

Last edited:

Jerroldscv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you have hsbc cc..you get another $10 off...so become 240..

was using portalwifi...now itchy hand want try this asus router...portal wifi too basic ...not much interface to play with.

Yeah la
I also itchy

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.