NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Anishar

Reaction score
NIE Teaching application

Hi ,

I am in my final semester SUSS, will it be good to apply in the July to august window?:s11:

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Hi ,

I am in my final semester SUSS, will it be good to apply in the July to august window?:s11:

No harm doing that since the application process will take some time. I applied in my last sem at NTU and managed to get confirmation just as I graduated which is a relief.

Max_power

Reaction score
"Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. Your application is still being considered for the teaching of your assigned subjects. As part of the selection process,*you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs)."

Could I check if this is indicative of anything please? Thanks all!

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
"Dear Applicant

Thank you for taking the time to attend the interview. Your application is still being considered for the teaching of your assigned subjects. As part of the selection process,*you may be required to sit for and meet the minimum requirements of the relevant Entrance Proficiency Tests (EPTs)."

Could I check if this is indicative of anything please? Thanks all!

I think this is just to indicate you may have to take EPT if you don’t meet the requirements of English Proficiency. I received this, but did not end up having to take it.

Ma Me MOE

Reaction score
I've been posting this multiple times but just to check, anyone here applied for BA/BSc (Ed)?

I applied in Feb 19 and the Careers@Gov status is still "in process". I've already emailed both MOE and NTU regarding the application outcome, both bodies replied that they are still processing.

Anyone here in the same boat with me? :s11:

Anyway I'm a mid-career applicant.

arigatoast

Reaction score
hi guys. ive applied for the PGDE and now i wish to change the preferred teaching subject to another subject. but since ive already submitted , i cant change. any other way to do that? thanks

chin_l

Reaction score
Hi guys, did anyone of you received the email regarding the interview session next week?

Blueskyman

Reaction score
hi guys. ive applied for the PGDE and now i wish to change the preferred teaching subject to another subject. but since ive already submitted , i cant change. any other way to do that? thanks
Have you gone for interview? I received the interview date with the shortlisted subjects which are not my first and second choices when I applied. I emailed and requested to change to my preferred subjects yesterday. I am not sure whether they are able give me the interview slot for my preferred subjects.

lonely_driver

Reaction score
anyone know usually after how long contract teaching the school will send us for NIE training? Thanks

Minimum is 6 months but there have been situations lesser than that.

You need to pass formal observations, done by HOD, CT mentor and school leader. I've had batchmates who did not clear their contract teaching and were required to extend their contract teaching.

Do take note, contract teaching has no bond. If you feel that teaching is not for you at the end of contract, you can still decide not to take up the offer.

The school ur posted to will probably play an important factor in your final decision. Students nowadays are completely different.

Blueskyman

Reaction score
Hi guys, did anyone of you received the email regarding the interview session next week?
I received interview slot on 19 July 2019. But I gave up the slot as I do not want to teach the shortlisted subjects which are not my first and second choice. I requested to change my preferred subjects. But, I am not sure whether they can arrange for interview with my preferred subjects.

chin_l

Reaction score
I received interview slot on 19 July 2019. But I gave up the slot as I do not want to teach the shortlisted subjects which are not my first and second choice. I requested to change my preferred subjects. But, I am not sure whether they can arrange for interview with my preferred subjects.

Which shortlisted subjects they gave you?

They reply your email ady?

Blueskyman

Reaction score
Which shortlisted subjects they gave you?

They reply your email ady?
Design and Technology, Computer Applications.
They just replied with standard email that states I will be considered for my preferred subjects. If I do not hear from them by 12 July, my application is not successful.

When is your interview?

chin_l

Reaction score
Design and Technology, Computer Applications.
They just replied with standard email that states I will be considered for my preferred subjects. If I do not hear from them by 12 July, my application is not successful.

When is your interview?

Mine one is 17 july

Blueskyman

Reaction score
Is there anybody who request to change preferred teaching subjects before going for interview? Could you please share whether it is successful?

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earliest interview slot in the morning

Does anyone know what is the earliest interview slot in the morning? If mine starts at 9:45am, am I considered the first? Thanks!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.