DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

madtari

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, only 0.05%. There are tons of other bank accounts which gives you 1-2% without having any requirements (eg. CIMB fast saver, Maybank iSavvy etc). Why not park your spare cash over there? Unless you are expecting to use them in the next few days...

Bonus interest only for the 1st 50k?

What if we exceed 50k but didn't hit the 3rd catagory? What is the interest? 0.05%?

Have some spare cash since I some of sold my stocks and temporary leaving it in my multipler acc till I found new stock to buy..

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, only 0.05%. There are tons of other bank accounts which gives you 1-2% without having any requirements (eg. CIMB fast saver, Maybank iSavvy etc). Why not park your spare cash over there? Unless you are expecting to use them in the next few days...

I'm not sure when I will use it.. depend on the market.. I do have a maxigain account but I can't transfer it there without dropping the counter once I need to use the funds..

MrRainbow

Reaction score
If I have a multiplier account, but my salary is credit to my other POSB account, will I still be considered as fulfilling the salary criteria?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Can I spend on debit card or have to apply for a credit? I don’t spend much and The annual fee is expensive :(

You need credit card for bonus interest. Just call for auto waiver when charged annual fee. I have never been denied waiver from DBS

orionmiz

Master Member
Reaction score
That itself has annual fee :s22: :s22:

There's also another option but requires large amount of funds to be deposited.

Put $350,000 inside DBS account, apply for DBS Treasures, and then apply for the DBS Treasures AMEX credit card. Annual fee is waived perpetually (don't have to call or apply for fee waiver).

madtari

Master Member
Reaction score
There are so many posb n DBS credit cards... when it's time for annual fee, just cancel it and apply another one. I think posb everyday card has 5 yrs of fee waiver.

Thanks. Can I spend on debit card or have to apply for a credit? I don’t spend much and The annual fee is expensive :(

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
There's also another option but requires large amount of funds to be deposited.

Put $350,000 inside DBS account, apply for DBS Treasures, and then apply for the DBS Treasures AMEX credit card. Annual fee is waived perpetually (don't have to call or apply for fee waiver).

That makes absolutely no sense. Why tie up 350k just so you don't have to call and press some buttons to get a waiver once a year?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Do I need to spend a certain amount for the waiver of annual fee?

No need. I have a card that I never charged a single cent to and they continue to waive the fees every year. Why worry so much. Apply and use. If they don't approve your waiver just cancel. They can't charge you the fee if you cancel because first year is always free

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Thanks hahaha. Only afraid second year they don’t approve waiver and I have to pay the fee before I cancel anyway..

No need. I have a card that I never charged a single cent to and they continue to waive the fees every year. Why worry so much. Apply and use. If they don't approve your waiver just cancel. They can't charge you the fee if you cancel because first year is always free

LexusIS

Reaction score
Thanks hahaha. Only afraid second year they don’t approve waiver and I have to pay the fee before I cancel anyway..

Even if they charge you annual fees on 2nd year, u can always call in to get waive it. If waiver really not approve for whatever reason, just get them to cancel and reverse out the annual fees.

No one pay for annual fees nowadays.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Funny how some ppl think paying annual fee is norm. A colleague walked past me overheard my conversation about annual fee waiver and she said "huh, I've been paying fees to use credit card. Didn't know can waive one." *faint*

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Funny how some ppl think paying annual fee is norm. A colleague walked past me overheard my conversation about annual fee waiver and she said "huh, I've been paying fees to use credit card. Didn't know can waive one." *faint*

Some pay annual fee to exchange for miles

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Thanks...hahaha my first credit card so I have no clue

Even if they charge you annual fees on 2nd year, u can always call in to get waive it. If waiver really not approve for whatever reason, just get them to cancel and reverse out the annual fees.

No one pay for annual fees nowadays.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Some pay annual fee to exchange for miles

i'm quite sure she wasn't doing that for the miles. she thinks that the fee is a must to pay in order to use a credit card.

if it is mile chasers, i can totally undstd.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.