iPhone XS Esim question

boliao45

Reaction score
Did your ST line ever set to use imessage before? Might want to deactivate imessage for that line.

So I am using ST Physical Sim and M1 esim. Data is on M1 and Call is on ST. I am experiencing delayed SMS through OTP for most transaction online via the ST SIM. But once I switch to ST as primary data it almost come in immediately. Anyone experience this

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I am using ST Physical Sim and M1 esim. Data is on M1 and Call is on ST. I am experiencing delayed SMS through OTP for most transaction online via the ST SIM. But once I switch to ST as primary data it almost come in immediately. Anyone experience this

Using M1 eSIM as primary for data and Starhub as default voice line. No delay in getting any OTP SMS. On iOS 13 Developer Beta 2.

PDA_lover

Reaction score
anyone know if i can have 2 esim profiles and keep switching as i want? say both m1 and singtel give e-sim( i know singtel dun have by hypothetically), can i have 1 esim line from M1 and 1 from Singtel?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if i can have 2 esim profiles and keep switching as i want? say both m1 and singtel give e-sim( i know singtel dun have by hypothetically), can i have 1 esim line from M1 and 1 from Singtel?

You can only activate 1 profile at a time. Every time you activate eSIM, you'll need to pay a fee of $5.

PDA_lover

Reaction score
so it is possible to have 2 profiles? cause i travel a fair bit and having an additional 1 roaming profile helps

boliao45

Reaction score
Never try this before, you can have more than 1 esim profile installed on your phone, but only one can be active, under the cellular plan you choose which one to turn on or off.
If you want to have dual sim where both lines is active and working, then you will need one to be on the physical sim to work with the other in esim.

so it is possible to have 2 profiles? cause i travel a fair bit and having an additional 1 roaming profile helps

pragrsg

Reaction score
You do not need to pay $5 as the eSIM has already been activated once. The switching between two eSIM profile is an iPhone setting.

You can only activate 1 profile at a time. Every time you activate eSIM, you'll need to pay a fee of $5.

Eidekos

Reaction score
seems SH and Singtel dont have plans to adopt e-sim.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong. I asked M1 before if you switch phone like from iPhone XS to XS Max, you will still need to pay $5 even though the eSIM has already been activated.

Same goes to Apple Watch too

You do not need to pay $5 as the eSIM has already been activated once. The switching between two eSIM profile is an iPhone setting.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe he refer to multiple esim profile in one phone, not different phone.

Wrong. I asked M1 before if you switch phone like from iPhone XS to XS Max, you will still need to pay $5 even though the eSIM has already been activated.

Same goes to Apple Watch too

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just realized today that the eSIM from M1 can only be activated in 1 device at a time. If want to activate in another device, need to remove profile from the 1st device first then can activate on the 2nd device. :(

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got tried asking multisim service with multiple esim?

Just realized today that the eSIM from M1 can only be activated in 1 device at a time. If want to activate in another device, need to remove profile from the 1st device first then can activate on the 2nd device. :(

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Got tried asking multisim service with multiple esim?

My eSIM is under multiSIM. The other one is nano SIM.

I had hoped that at least can just turn off the eSIM profile on 1st device and activate on 2nd device. When need to use on 1st device, turn it on and turn off on 2nd device.

Guess M1 will charge if need to activate on 1st device again.

007Mi6

Reaction score
Any leaks on whether 2019 iphone will be dual physical Sim or dual esim or 1 esim 1 physical Sim?

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Any leaks on whether 2019 iphone will be dual physical Sim or dual esim or 1 esim 1 physical Sim?

Most likely the same as currently

SG -> 1 eSIM and 1 physical(only M1 and a handful of carriers worldwide has eSIM for phones now so doesn't make sense for full dual eSIM)
HK/Macau/CN -> dual physical SIM

pragrsg

Reaction score
Why don't you convert the physical SIMs on both devices to eSIM for your MultiSIM service? That way you don't have to switch that eSIM between the two devices. Btw if you switch eSIM between devices you would need to incur $5 eSIM download charge only, not the $37.50 SIM activation charge.

My eSIM is under multiSIM. The other one is nano SIM.

I had hoped that at least can just turn off the eSIM profile on 1st device and activate on 2nd device. When need to use on 1st device, turn it on and turn off on 2nd device.

Guess M1 will charge if need to activate on 1st device again.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I hope Apple goes all out with dual eSIM support for the next iPhone. They should just kill of physical SIM.

Though it would be not this year iPhone but high likely it will be iPhone launching in 2020.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope Apple goes all out with dual eSIM support for the next iPhone. They should just kill of physical SIM.

Though it would be not this year iPhone but high likely it will be iPhone launching in 2020.

Is not a decision for Apple to make alone.

If not all telcos worldwide can support it and apple does it, it will also kill off Apple.

2020 sounds too near for such drastic change to take place

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
How do the SMS work? What if sms arrives for the secondary sim (not designated as the one for calls)? Would there be an alert? Or do I have to activate the secondary sim before I see it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.