Krisflyer miles redemption

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
I also have 10k miles expiring next month. Not sure what to use for as no immediate travel plans

Posted from PCWX using WTS Qoo10 gift cards on Carousell

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea (I was thinking Japan). You are very helpful. Thank you for the suggestions.

Tempting due to the discount plus about $270 off an iPad Mini Cellular.

Miles earned due to company business travels so I see it as free money to spend. :s13:
U are in luck then
Spontaneous escape for july all japan cities available for 32k

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

gizmo_toh

Reaction score
Hi, i am using krisflyer miles for an economy flight to Osaka in Nov 19 and is on wait list, i would like to chck what are the chances of me securing the flight? Do i need to call in to check my wait list status every week? Thanks.

andytantravels

Reaction score
I think it really depends on how many ppl book full price .... kind of lottery

Hi, i am using krisflyer miles for an economy flight to Osaka in Nov 19 and is on wait list, i would like to chck what are the chances of me securing the flight? Do i need to call in to check my wait list status every week? Thanks.

minamikaze

Reaction score
I think it really depends on how many ppl book full price .... kind of lottery

Yes, no one can answer that.
Sometimes if you are lucky the waitlist slot frees up a week after you reserve, other times it frees up a week before you travel. Sometimes it just doesn't free up at all.

applefreak

Reaction score
anyone managed to book saver first class suites x 2 to london or zurich?
what's your experience like?

tried looking but couldn't seem to find any available tix regardless how far ahead i looked
travel dates flexible, just wanted to try the suites once in my lifetime...

Reaction score
Maybe they block out using miles on more popular routes because always have paying customers? .... or maybe planes flying that route don’t have suites?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe they block out using miles on more popular routes because always have paying customers? .... or maybe planes flying that route don’t have suites?

Nope, they don't. The nbr of redemption and upgrade seats quota is there and even if there are empty redemption and upgrade seats, these seats don't open up to paying customers.

I used to work in SQ.

applefreak

Reaction score
these are routes with suites
can't choose only suites in redemption, only show as first / suites
advantage redemption is available but that's 220k per pax :eek:
don't have that many miles :(

hoping to hear from those successful and how they did it
e.g. check online every week, booking through the phone instead of online, booking tomorrow's flight instead of far ahead etc

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
these are routes with suites
can't choose only suites in redemption, only show as first / suites
advantage redemption is available but that's 220k per pax :eek:
don't have that many miles :(

hoping to hear from those successful and how they did it
e.g. check online every week, booking through the phone instead of online, booking tomorrow's flight instead of far ahead etc

Do you have PPS status? If not, don't bother to keep calling. Makes no difference in the waitlist queue regardless you make the reservation online or thru calling. What matters is your PPS membership. The higher the rank, the higher your waitlist priority.

You wanna try suites, go for the routes that's not so popular.

applefreak

Reaction score
Do you have PPS status? If not, don't bother to keep calling. Makes no difference in the waitlist queue regardless you make the reservation online or thru calling. What matters is your PPS membership. The higher the rank, the higher your waitlist priority.

You wanna try suites, go for the routes that's not so popular.
unfortunately i'm not there yet...

sigh... guess i'll have to try shanghai then
wasn't my first choice as a five-hour flight doesn't seem really ideal to try out the suites :(

260Wolskel

Reaction score
One-Way redemption vs Round-Trip redemption

I am looking at Krisflyer mileage redemption for Singapore <--> Iceland (via Copenhagen). The round trip redemption booking cost 90,000 miles but the return leg does not allow direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore. It must be a transit flight via Frankfurt.

If, however, I book each legs as One-Way. I am able to have direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore:

Singapore --> Copenhagen (one-way) 38,000 miles + S$52
Copenhagen --> Reykjavik --> Copenhagen (round trip) 25,000 miles +DKK284
Copenhagen --> Singapore ( one-way ) 38,000 miles + DKK161

It will cost me 101,000 miles ( vs 90,000 miles ) with lesser cash payment plus I get direct flight on the way back and I can even layover a few days in Copenhagen.

My question is, I have not done booking in this manner before. Is it safe to do so? Are there any problem that I may encounter with such one-way booking vs the round trip booking I am used to?

Thanks for any advice or opinion!!

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
I am looking at Krisflyer mileage redemption for Singapore <--> Iceland (via Copenhagen). The round trip redemption booking cost 90,000 miles but the return leg does not allow direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore. It must be a transit flight via Frankfurt.

If, however, I book each legs as One-Way. I am able to have direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore:

Singapore --> Copenhagen (one-way) 38,000 miles + S$52
Copenhagen --> Reykjavik --> Copenhagen (round trip) 25,000 miles +DKK284
Copenhagen --> Singapore ( one-way ) 38,000 miles + DKK161

It will cost me 101,000 miles ( vs 90,000 miles ) with lesser cash payment plus I get direct flight on the way back and I can even layover a few days in Copenhagen.

My question is, I have not done booking in this manner before. Is it safe to do so? Are there any problem that I may encounter with such one-way booking vs the round trip booking I am used to?

Thanks for any advice or opinion!!

Your new trip is also round trips.. but two rounds trips.. SIN-CPH-SIN and CPH-KEF-CPH.
problem with this is that you might miss your connection flight at CPH to KEF (Reykjavik) depending on the connection time. SQ wont be responsible to rebook you.

actually, it will be better to utilize the miles on a 1-way business class redemption (more worth it). and buy a 1-way ticket back to Sin

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are stopovers allowed for one way business saver redemption?

I tried booking online and got an error message saying stopovers aren't not allowed. But i read somewhere online that i can have stopovers if i pay USD100 or something. planning to book TPE - SIN - CHC, with several months stopover in SIN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

adgjl321

Reaction score
Are stopovers allowed for one way business saver redemption?

I tried booking online and got an error message saying stopovers aren't not allowed. But i read somewhere online that i can have stopovers if i pay USD100 or something. planning to book TPE - SIN - CHC, with several months stopover in SIN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
yes, but must call in to SQ for the stop over. google around, there's a few articles on it

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng ah, my Sakura 2020 suites bookings changed from old suites to new suites. Supposedly SQ switching in a new a380 from Oct2019 onwards. Now to cross fingers for 8 months hope they don't switch it back (or even worse, switch to b777/787/a350 lol).

applefreak

Reaction score
Heng ah, my Sakura 2020 suites bookings changed from old suites to new suites. Supposedly SQ switching in a new a380 from Oct2019 onwards. Now to cross fingers for 8 months hope they don't switch it back (or even worse, switch to b777/787/a350 lol).
can share how far ahead you had to book?
think of booking the suites but can't seem to find availability easily...
googled around and it seems like most booked about a week or two
that's too short to plan a trip...

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, noob here
is it make sense to redeem one way ticket?
like i only have enough point to redeem one way business class tix to tokyo
and i want to experience flight in business class...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.