2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

kahhweee

Reaction score
Hi I'm using pixel 3xl from Singtel for around 4 mths. Previously I do not take calls that often but from last month, I found out that when people call me, my phone does not ring, and for the caller, it seems that my phone is off. Even if the call gets through and I picked up, I can hear them perfectly but they can not hear my voice at all.

I have tried all online options, including force restart, delete storage/cache of phone app, factory resetted phones many times, etc.

I thought it might be the sim card problem but when I switch over my sim card to my old S8, the calls were perfectly fine.

Anyone have solutions to this? I'm on the verge of deciding if I should switch phones right now (though I really love pixel camera).

Thanks.

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Where and how much would a Pixel 3, 64gb get to when there is a release of Pixel 4?

I want to keep things simple, No more dual phone. Just one small phone will do!

radon

Reaction score
Hi I'm using pixel 3xl from Singtel for around 4 mths. Previously I do not take calls that often but from last month, I found out that when people call me, my phone does not ring, and for the caller, it seems that my phone is off. Even if the call gets through and I picked up, I can hear them perfectly but they can not hear my voice at all.

I have tried all online options, including force restart, delete storage/cache of phone app, factory resetted phones many times, etc.

I thought it might be the sim card problem but when I switch over my sim card to my old S8, the calls were perfectly fine.

Anyone have solutions to this? I'm on the verge of deciding if I should switch phones right now (though I really love pixel camera).

Thanks.
If phone under warranty, send it for service. No issue for me on Singtel.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beta 5 over-the-air updates resumed
s4ShViw.jpg

rowdyruffbrick45

Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you think I should do? My Pixel 3 XL, has problem with calls. it either cant make or receive calls, changed sim card, still same issue. Reset network settings, still same result. If i were to fix it with a factory reset, that would be great. But if it still doesnt work, how do I go about the warranty process?

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you think I should do? My Pixel 3 XL, has problem with calls. it either cant make or receive calls, changed sim card, still same issue. Reset network settings, still same result. If i were to fix it with a factory reset, that would be great. But if it still doesnt work, how do I go about the warranty process?

See first page post with address for warranty

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it's just a walk in? Alright thank you!

Can just walk in. You'll have to factory reset before sending it in, otherwise they won't accept.

And since you're going to factory reset, see if it works fine before sending it in.

The service is quite fast. I went recently to get my screen replaced. Done within 4 hours.

rowdyruffbrick45

Reaction score
Can just walk in. You'll have to factory reset before sending it in, otherwise they won't accept.

And since you're going to factory reset, see if it works fine before sending it in.

The service is quite fast. I went recently to get my screen replaced. Done within 4 hours.

Alright cool. So do you think I'll get a refurb or will they fix the phone?

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright cool. So do you think I'll get a refurb or will they fix the phone?

depends on the severity of the problem. usually they will give refurbished.

probably what they will do is to change a new motherboard and use back your own shell.

iron2000

Reaction score
I see the gimmicks for Pixel 4, don't feel so practical.
Think of going Pixel 3.

But came across custom kernel maker in XDA say:
The 3 and 3 XL just have so many issues that Google hasn't fixed, the most annoying of which is stuttering and lag that just seems to never disappear (I think it's an issue in the scheduler?). There is also some phantom battery drain that occurs even during deep sleep, which is pretty much impossible for people outside Google to debug. Additionally, battery life while the phone is actually in use is quite abysmal, and that's not very easy to improve upon either. Certain hardware-related processes in Android also go wild sometimes (with high CPU usage), like the sensors process, even when I'm not using an app that's using my phone's sensors. Not to mention, the 3 still has screen flashes, which does not instill confidence that Google put much effort into making sure the Pixel 3/XL actually work. There are loads of other issues as well that many other Pixel 3/XL users have complained about.

I don't have the time or energy to chase after the difficult bugs plaguing the 3/XL, especially not while the value of my 3 XL keeps depreciating at an alarming rate. This phone isn't worth $1000, and I'm sick of pretending that it is.

quoted from:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79268456&postcount=781

Feels like I'll be on my Pixel 2 till Pixel 5 lol.

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Your views sought on the Pixel 3 / 3XL

Gentlemen,
I am thinking of contracting for either a Pixel 3 or 3XL on SH, as recontract pricing is quite reasonable. For those who have been using it, what ar your views?

Thanks...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.