Cheap EO - Where to buy?

HellHunter

Reaction score
Okay, so I know this is a beaten to death topic. I'm just wondering if anyone has current lobang for where to buy the economical EOs like-
Carlube
Meta
Schnell
Shell Helix Ultra
etc?

Another thing is, for Carlube, why are there a few different labels for it? What's the difference between-
375585.jpg

and
s-l225.jpg

and
432832.jpg

Those about to warn me that my car engine is going to blow gaskets, catch fire, explode, implode and form a black hole, run away and join ISIL etc. I know already. :o Thanks.

For anyone who might have a new bottle or even a half bottle and willing to let go for a reasonable price, can PM me :s13:

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I have been dumping half bottle of Pennzoil and motul oil. Next time should give out free.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a bottle of mixed carlube and helix but both same weight. Collected from many left over servicing as my oil capacity is only 3.5l.
Self collect at yishun. Pm me if keen.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check out Carousel from time to time. Direct users may sell off their current ones with the reason of buying extra and or bgt new cars so don't need liao.
I ever got SH 5w40 at $30/bottle. Brand new. Need to nego/ low ball the seller loh.. lolz

I did shared before, SG workshop selling SH from drum. Need to bring own bottle. $6/L

Last edited:

HellHunter

Reaction score
Carouhell? Giant hypermarts?

Thanks bro, yup, I've looked through the usual suspects :s13:
Those two, Lazada, Q10, Shopee etc. Didn't really find any particularly good deals. Found Meta for $20 something on Q10.

Wah I have been dumping half bottle of Pennzoil and motul oil. Next time should give out free.

:eek: Next time tell me when and where, I buy kopi and bring for you :s13:

I have a bottle of mixed carlube and helix but both same weight. Collected from many left over servicing as my oil capacity is only 3.5l.

Cheers, PM'd. ;)

Check out Carousel from time to time. Direct users may sell off their current ones with the reason of buying extra and or bgt new cars so don't need liao.
I ever got SH 5w40 at $30/bottle. Brand new. Need to nego/ low ball the seller loh.. lolz

I did shared before, SG workshop selling SH from drum. Need to bring own bottle. $6/L

Yup bro I looked through Carousell. Giant discount price is $29.90 right from time to time? I think cheapest I've seen is at $25 but rare..currently its $39.90 though. I found a few sellers selling for $30-35. The drum one is it also from Carousell? I had found that listing from last year but PM the guy no reply :( I wouldn't mind trying the drum oil..

Thanks for all the replies guys. :)

HellHunter

Reaction score
Try ACMA’s $50 package lah. It is usable.

Package one problem is my oil change need 4.6L so all have to top up for extra oil. I ended up signing up for a $40 SHU package. The ws allow me to give them my bottle of SHU for the excess oil. Not bad :s13: Got voucher for less $5 first use also. So paying $35 :o

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I know this is a beaten to death topic. I'm just wondering if anyone has current lobang for where to buy the economical EOs like-
Carlube
Meta
Schnell
Shell Helix Ultra
etc?

Another thing is, for Carlube, why are there a few different labels for it? What's the difference between-
375585.jpg

and
s-l225.jpg

and
432832.jpg

Those about to warn me that my car engine is going to blow gaskets, catch fire, explode, implode and form a black hole, run away and join ISIL etc. I know already. :o Thanks.

For anyone who might have a new bottle or even a half bottle and willing to let go for a reasonable price, can PM me :s13:

I used to buy this carlube from NTUC xtra and NTUC warehouse (joo koon) for $19.90. And on promotion they throw in fuel injector cleaner or other stuff.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. That’s reasonable!

Package one problem is my oil change need 4.6L so all have to top up for extra oil. I ended up signing up for a $40 SHU package. The ws allow me to give them my bottle of SHU for the excess oil. Not bad :s13: Got voucher for less $5 first use also. So paying $35 :o

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Even though my car is not some performance car, using EO plays a different in my car. Don't really know if it is some placebo effect, but when i use liquidmoly or some good oil, can feel the car is more fluid and more responsive. Using oil like shell helix or those turtle oil or schell, the car feels bloated and less responsive.

Carbo-Oil-auto-parts-5L-5W40CCR-C-NS-A0670.jpg

Anyone heard or try this carbo oil before? Some friends recommend me leh. Saying it is german oil, quite good.

bh10101

Reaction score
check the offering @Fairprice Xtra, Giant supermarket, Forkliftparts Enterprise ... :s12:

Carlube
Meta
Schnell
Shell Helix Ultra
etc?

375585.jpg

and
s-l225.jpg

and
432832.jpg

bh10101

Reaction score

mix breed EO sia.. so damn power one :s13::s13:

HellHunter

Reaction score
I used to buy this carlube from NTUC xtra and NTUC warehouse (joo koon) for $19.90. And on promotion they throw in fuel injector cleaner or other stuff.

Yeh, I was actually keen to try it out since it's one of the lowest $/L EOs out there on discount. Will stock up when I spot a discount. The usual price is about $40 right? Or is it always $19.90 at the warehouse?

Haha. That’s reasonable!

Yea :s13: still the lowest I've ever paid was through a servicing voucher stacked with discount coupon..iirc $17.xx but that time I didn't need to top up for over 4L EO. :(

Even though my car is not some performance car, using EO plays a different in my car. Don't really know if it is some placebo effect, but when i use liquidmoly or some good oil, can feel the car is more fluid and more responsive. Using oil like shell helix or those turtle oil or schell, the car feels bloated and less responsive.

http://www.carbooil.de/high-perform...arbo-Oil-auto-parts-5L-5W40CCR-C-NS-A0670.jpg

Anyone heard or try this carbo oil before? Some friends recommend me leh. Saying it is german oil, quite good.

I believe that might be to do with the viscosity of the oil. Two oils rated at 40 can be quite different. I think think the more ex oils like Liqui Moly are more viscous while offering the same protection. Oils sheer with use so closer to servicing time the car should generally feel lighter/better fc than immediately after servicing but the problem with this is the engine is protected less.

I'm not really too concerned about these things though, my primary concern is if the EO can protect the engine and fc isn't too negatively affected. New oil, imo, whichever brand offers adequate protection. Might just need to do a change sooner.

Where to get this carbo oil? Never heard of it..I think..

not sure which supplier did they get from? :s12:
am pretty sure they do not make EO :s13:

:s13: nola..they do make their own eo. Rather it's probably just repackaged oil from their subcontractor :o but it is legit..
https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=10031

check the offering @Fairprice Xtra, Giant supermarket, Forkliftparts Enterprise ... :s12:

Ooh, first two checked, thanks for the heads up on Forkliftparts Enterprise..will look into that :)

bh10101

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.