DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Realised I can’t open an account online. Anyone know how to close or remove a person’s name from joint account online? Or have to go down to branch?

Also, do I need both party to be present?

o2atom

Reaction score
Realised I can’t open an account online. Anyone know how to close or remove a person’s name from joint account online? Or have to go down to branch?

Also, do I need both party to be present?

I think you need to close the account entirely and open a new account.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
sic any other easiest way to fulfil investment category? already have a cdp account with ssb dividends on 2 months/year. but want to capitalise on the other 10 months that won't qualify for investment categry. besides ssb ladder as too long of a waiting time..

jmapsmylife

Reaction score
RSP qualify too for first 12mth. At the meantime you can make ur ssb ladder

sic any other easiest way to fulfil investment category? already have a cdp account with ssb dividends on 2 months/year. but want to capitalise on the other 10 months that won't qualify for investment categry. besides ssb ladder as too long of a waiting time..

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I am building my SSB ladder and is now applying for my fourth month. Until I finish the six months cycle I started buying POSB IS. Idea is to buy IS for six months until SSB ladder is completed. IS only need to buy $100 per month. Later I may just sell my IS or keep it. That should fulfill the investment requirement.

madtari

Master Member
Reaction score
You should still persist on getting SSB ladder up. That is a long term solution... up till 9.5yrs.

o2atom

Reaction score
Any idea if both party need to be present to close account?

It depends on your account's Signatory Mandate.
If "AND" mandate, both parties must be present.
If "OR" mandate, either party can close the account without the presence of another party.

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Thanks..very new to this. So the mandate is made known when the account was opened right?

It depends on your account's Signatory Mandate.
If "AND" mandate, both parties must be present.
If "OR" mandate, either party can close the account without the presence of another party.

MrRainbow

Reaction score
What is the benefit of buying 6 consecutive ssb? Besides getting interests monthly, what other benefits are there? See a lot people doing this

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the benefit of buying 6 consecutive ssb? Besides getting interests monthly, what other benefits are there? See a lot people doing this

Crediting of interest to dbs/posb account count towards investment category for dbs multiplier bonus interest and posb cashback.

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Was wondering, if it’s so easy for customers to apply for credit card waiver, won’t a lot of customers take advantage of the credit card sign up perks (free $$/cashback/vouchers) ?

How does the bank earn if no annual fee collected? V new to this thanks all

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Was wondering, if it’s so easy for customers to apply for credit card waiver, won’t a lot of customers take advantage of the credit card sign up perks (free $$/cashback/vouchers) ?

How does the bank earn if no annual fee collected? V new to this thanks all

Yes, in fact that's what you should do. Banks earn from drawing a percentage of fees from the merchants from each of your credit card transactions and also from suckers who pay late fees and interests.

rerear

Reaction score
While waiting for SSB ladder setup, does monthly buying Vickers or Treasures help to clock counter?

xfactor

Banned
Reaction score
DBS TREASURES no min commission. Maybe $1.5 means 100 shares of $0.015 stocks, commission kenna rounded off to 0c? Lol

XO0ec4g_d.jpg

买了100股在$0.012, No 佣金.

MrRainbow

Reaction score
Oh I see! I always put off the thought of doing that Cos I was afraid Of the hefty annual fees. Now I know it can be waivered easily hahaha

Yes, in fact that's what you should do. Banks earn from drawing a percentage of fees from the merchants from each of your credit card transactions and also from suckers who pay late fees and interests.

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So for SSB I just need to buy consecutive for 6 months? Den I will qualify for the investment category interest for the next 10 years?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.