New EC at Sumang Walk

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
This is indeed true. There is a reason why some projects sell better than others.

When the cross island line is ready, it will surely benefit condos like terrassee but that is in 10 years time (a pretty long horizon). In comparison, Punggol MRT is already in operation for the Sumang EC, thus bringing about greater convenience and accessibility.

I may not have 40 years of experience in property but I don’t deny I have engaged myself in 6 to 7 rounds of buying and selling from the past two decades. Seen too many rounds of CMs and recessions, seen too many case studies, visited many new and old projects, and also too many past history to learn from.

Anyway, I’m now taking a break from property. Will enter again when the time is right.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
When the cross island line is ready, it will surely benefit condos like terrassee but that is in 10 years time (a pretty long horizon). In comparison, Punggol MRT is already in operation for the Sumang EC, thus bringing about greater convenience and accessibility.

May I confirm you do not recomend affinity and garden?

You talk as if sumang is beside punggol mrt. Likewise, terrassee is only a 10 mins bus ride to serangoon mrt station with more than 6 public buses to choose from. I don't even have any interests in terrassee, why am I even trying so hard? Am I too kind?:D

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I may not have 40 years of experience in property but I don’t deny I have engaged myself in 6 to 7 rounds of buying and selling from the past two decades. Seen too many rounds of CMs and recessions, seen too many case studies, visited many new and old projects, and also too many past history to learn from.

While you have a wealth of experience, do take note that the current and future economic conditions and trends are very different from the past. (not i say one, expert economists and fed chairman said it) So do not dwelve on the past too much.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Imo why resales are dead is because the new launch hype is too strong. As I said before, mass market / ec buyers are far from the most savvy ones. That is why there will always losers and winners.

Are you sure all resales are dead? How come prive resale not dead? How come Watertown resale not dead? How come terrasse is dead?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I confirm you do not recomend affinity and garden?

You talk as if sumang is beside punggol mrt. Likewise, terrassee is only a 10 mins bus ride to serangoon mrt station with more than 6 public buses to choose from. I don't even have any interests in terrassee, why am I even trying so hard? Am I too kind?:D

I only said it will BENEFIT The terrasse I did not pass on any recommendation on the affinity or the gardens. And where did I even mention that Sumang EC is beside Punggol MRT? Walk la.

Seriously, I think you have selective reading.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure all resales are dead? How come prive resale not dead? How come Watertown resale not dead? How come terrasse is dead?

1. Prive just finished MOP, so its something like new launch hype.
2. Watertown is beside mrt and part of huge shopping mall.
3. Terrasse's mrt station is not up yet.

Hope that answers your question.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Not to embarrass the 'expert' about the 'dead' resale market :

New sale :
Developers sold 952 units in May uMay,p nearly 30 per cent from 735 units in April
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/sales-of-new-private-homes-up-30-last-month

Resale:
Property market executive Nicholas Mak said there were more signs of a stabilising market, with resale volume largely unchanged from March to May this year at between 809 and 835 units monthly.
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/condo-resale-prices-up-for-4th-straight-month

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
While you have a wealth of experience, do take note that the current and future economic conditions and trends are very different from the past. (not i say one, expert economists and fed chairman said it) So do not dwelve on the past too much.

Quote me an example that any of my statement still dwell on the past?
I did not show much negativity about the current price pertaining to new launch and complaining non stop that current price for new launch should revert back to the past.

I accepted it and move on. U see me buying now?

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyway, I’m now taking a break from property. Will enter again when the time is right.

Haha I doubt 40 years of experience in property helps, unless one can show that he or she is some property magnate. We are all here to share, learn and observe, if anyone can tell what the market would be for certain, in 5 years time; do let everyone know.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
1. Prive just finished MOP, so its something like new launch hype.
2. Watertown is beside mrt and part of huge shopping mall.
3. Terrasse's mrt station is not up yet.

Hope that answers your question.

When terrasse just TOP, I don’t recall there’s a huge jump in resales transaction. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I only said it will BENEFIT The terrasse I did not pass on any recommendation on the affinity or the gardens. And where did I even mention that Sumang EC is beside Punggol MRT? Walk la.

Seriously, I think you have selective reading.

I said you "talk as if sumang is beside punggol mrt." You are pretty selective too or cannot comprehend well too. For Terrasee, take bus la! Serangoon mrt somemore, better than punggol. :)

What I am trying to confirm you think sumang is better than terrasse and affinity and garden. Because you seem to support all new launches. At first say looking at queenstown and parc esta, now abandon those threads and hop over here.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Not to embarrass the 'expert' :

New sale :
Developers sold 952 units in May uMay,p nearly 30 per cent from 735 units in April
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/sales-of-new-private-homes-up-30-last-month

Resale:
Property market executive Nicholas Mak said there were more signs of a stabilising market, with resale volume largely unchanged from March to May this year at between 809 and 835 units monthly.
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/condo-resale-prices-up-for-4th-straight-month

I am more up to date to the news and can easily pull up news (in fact I alr posted some) that you would not like about the economy and property. This morning already got 1 big news. WHy you never post that? DOn't just update us with you 1 -sided news. :o

I am not the only one saying resales are more worth. In fact, another "expert" say sumang will sell badly, i said 60%.

DOn't embarrass yourself like others. Your image is scratched but not damaged yet.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
When terrasse just TOP, I don’t recall there’s a huge jump in resales transaction. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I cannot pull out the data either.

However you should well know the difference between TOP and MOP, PC and EC. PC you can sell anytime, EC floodgates are only open after 5 years.

Also during terrassee time, market was flat, hardly any room for profitting.

Actually till now, you have not explained why terrassee volume is low and prive is high?? :s22: So why?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Enlighten us why resale market is dead in your 'humble opinion'.
I just show you the facts & not my opinion.

Few of us got 'big Insider news'. :o

I am more up to date to the news and can easily pull up news (in fact I alr posted some) that you would not like about the economy and property. This morning already got 1 big news. WHy you never post that? DOn't just update us with you 1 -sided news. :o.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Quote me an example that any of my statement still dwell on the past?
I did not show much negativity about the current price pertaining to new launch and complaining non stop that current price for new launch should revert back to the past.

I accepted it and move on. U see me buying now?

What I am trying to say is that past trends will not be a good representation or basis of estimation of the future. So your concepts about property cycle / trends, economic vs property trends, timing etc may not apply in the future.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Enlighten us why resale market is dead in your 'humble opinion'.
I just show you the facts & not my opinion.

Thanks for your facts. Can you please help post the news rgd our economic growth this quarter and also the maybank estimates a couple of weeks ago. I can't find the articles! SOmething is wrong with my internet.

Simple, resale price discount to new launch prices is at an all time high. It is not about the 3 digit volume you posted, do you know how large the resale market is?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot pull out the data either.

However you should well know the difference between TOP and MOP, PC and EC. PC you can sell anytime, EC floodgates are only open after 5 years.

Also during terrassee time, market was flat, hardly any room for profitting.

Actually till now, you have not explained why terrassee volume is low and prive is high?? :s22: So why?

Punggol is a vibrant place to stay in my opinion.
Have u visited some of the places in Punggol?
1) billion dollar waterway park with greenery, nice waterscape, ample space for Long distance Cycling and jogging. Coney Island.
2) sizeable Waterway Point Mall that has tons of choices for food/restaurant.
3) near bus interchange, mrt.
4) nice cosy Punggol settlement where one can dine and wine, with good local food there like white beehoon, house of crab, Uncle Leong and the list goes on
5) upcoming digital town that offers 28000 job opportunity
6) SIT (A recognise local university, not those Tom dick Harry University)

The above list enough to convince you?
Now your turn to tell me what terrrasse has?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Don't worry, no insider news regarding the property market for the year. Lawrence and Mr menon has not buzzed me anything so far.

WHile you are searching high and low for insider news, I am making tens of thousands in the booming stock market the past year. I guess you are too since you have CDL shares, provided you entered at the right time.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion :
If it does not even move up 10% or more , it may stay flat.
In the worst scenario, it may go down 5%. :o

..... if anyone can tell what the market would be for certain, in 5 years time; do let everyone know.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Punggol is a vibrant place to stay in my opinion.
Have u visited some of the places in Punggol?
1) billion dollar waterway park with greenery, nice waterscape, ample space for Long distance Cycling and jogging. Coney Island.
2) sizeable Waterway Point Mall that has tons of choices for food/restaurant.
3) near bus interchange, mrt.
4) nice cosy Punggol settlement where one can dine and wine, with good local food there like white beehoon, house of crab, Uncle Leong and the list goes on
5) upcoming digital town that offers 28000 job opportunity
6) SIT (A recognise local university, not those Tom dick Harry University)

The above list enough to convince you?
Now your turn to tell me what terrrasse has?

Ask yourself why sixth avenue or bukit timah properties are selling so high? Similar logic applies. Not really about how much facilities you have.

LOCATION is king. Though I'm never a fan of serangoon north or punggol. But SN is at a better location than punggol.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.