Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the only one that is remotely possible in ADs locally is THG and for a sub no date. sub date and above for all sports model need approval from director with prior purchase history (the guy above bought a datejust for his wife before the sub came through)

sub no date they can sell you without approval. BUT, it depends on the staff you get. because once the stock comes in every staff from that shop will be fighting for it. if you never buy from him/her before, she fight for you for what? so no, it's not as easy as you think. got a lot of friends put 1-2 years already all no call

THG also hard la, like u say.. so many SAs.. all fighting.

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
THG also hard la, like u say.. so many SAs.. all fighting.

subs & dj41 not that tough unless you want it immediately.

for other models yes.

heard from one of the grey dealers is that another AD sells RM + Daytona together as a package as RM do not allow discount

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dj41 blue no one actually really want it rah ish bcos no sports so peepur and flippers start looking for teh next possible best option to flip and hype..if notch nobodi even bother to buy...overseas have more stock for tis model

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks man...but i guess it really depend on luck and the sales u met.
the sales i met told me he heard this current shipment fr Swiss Rolex, for Sub only 5pcs into SG... Rolex allocated my AD 2pcs only...other 3pcs to other ADs.
my AD got so many branches somemore...the branch i went to, lucky to hv 1 of the 2pcs... this branch other sales also wan tis 1pc...my sales fight for me n reserve for me.
so it really depend on heng suay...

Care to share which AD branch you went to and the SA name? I will try to drop by later.

makingfriends

Reaction score
i noticed that the 'limited stock' response is a smokescreen.
i went to a reputable authorised dealer a year to look at sunburst, the guy said no stock but will take down my number to put on waiting list. few days later he called saying stock has arrived, i told him im not interested anymore as ive bought iwc

everything is possible...
but sometime i do not understand, is it becoz Rolex?
i find IWC more nicer...but the limelight is always on Rolex...hehehee

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everything is possible...
but sometime i do not understand, is it becoz Rolex?
i find IWC more nicer...but the limelight is always on Rolex...hehehee

iwc is quite highly priced. u gotta really like it then just go for it.

something like grand seiko, its not cheap and quite close to rolex pricing also but there are still ppl buying it.

makingfriends

Reaction score

something like grand seiko, its not cheap and quite close to rolex pricing also but there are still ppl buying it.

i do hv iwc portguese, love the 7 days power reserve. love the class...

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah GS also cost like $10K and above???

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah GS also cost like $10K and above???

they have mid range, high range and super high range.

a GS with spring drive or hi-beat is easily retailing ard 8-9k at boutique. max 10% discount for non LE GS.

cheaper GS will be the quartz also need 3k+ minimum.

GS is not the normal seiko, the build quality and the polishing is not every watch makers can achieve.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Learning something new on mechanical watches every time I log in here.

a GS with spring drive or hi-beat is easily retailing ard 8-9k at boutique. max 10% discount for non LE GS.

GS is not the normal seiko, the build quality and the polishing is not every watch makers can achieve.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

find GS very nice after touching it.

I will get 1 eventually

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
hihi, I m new here. How long have you guys waiting for your sub and which sub?
I assume you have no previous history with any ADs?

If so, the best bet for you is to go to all the ADs to put your name down. A sub (no date) is easier to get, and I don't expect you having to wait for more than six months.

LesPhantom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had post on this thread sometime back about wanting to buy my first rolex. Recently chance upon a pre-owned half gold DJ and bought it. Loving it but very sayang/flashy for daily use.

Recently have a paradigm shift in mentality and steering clear of sports model, so year end likely got spare cash and thinking of getting a 39mm 114300 from AD for daily use. Though I know it is next to impossible to walk in and out with a sports model, even a "basic" Explorer I, is it possible to just walk in and purchase something as basic as a 39mm OP?

Zero exp with AD here, paiseh for noob qns.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had post on this thread sometime back about wanting to buy my first rolex. Recently chance upon a pre-owned half gold DJ and bought it. Loving it but very sayang/flashy for daily use.

Recently have a paradigm shift in mentality and steering clear of sports model, so year end likely got spare cash and thinking of getting a 39mm 114300 from AD for daily use. Though I know it is next to impossible to walk in and out with a sports model, even a "basic" Explorer I, is it possible to just walk in and purchase something as basic as a 39mm OP?

Zero exp with AD here, paiseh for noob qns.

Since you got $$ , just go in the shop to ask for it.

Why worry so much ? You keep saying hesay no stock this no stock there.

Maybe you get lucky that day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.