Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

ddwmk2002

Reaction score
The TM2 is built around Qualcomm’s QCC3026 chip which means it's good for phones which use SD 845/855 to take advantage of Qualcomm’s TWS+. Other processor phones like iPhone, Exynos, Kirin etc can say bye bye to it. Read below

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/25/18197355/fostex-tm2-true-wireless-earphones-modular-price-release-date-namm-2019

The TWS600 has only 5.5 hrs per charge and only supports AAC and SBC codecs....no aptx, aptx HD, LDAC hor meh?

https://headfonics.com/2019/07/hifiman-tws600-first-contact/

I say test...Din say good. Bose sounds ports free oso sbc and aac. But personally, the sound can rival any tw in the market. But it had other problems that I couldn't really recommend to friends. 😅

tingar1

Reaction score
It doesn't support multipoint connection as stated in their helpguide (Provided by Sony) regarding WF-1000XM3 in Precautions section! :s22:

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is a pair for you to test at 313. I was there to test it out. No comments as yet as the tips were one size smaller than what I would normally need. The noise cancellation feels much better than the WI-1000X, but that is only a first impression. The gold standard for me for earphones is still the QC20, so I will try to contribute more when I get mine on Friday. :)

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another competitor with ANC leow

Libratone Track Air+

https://www.pocket-lint.com/headphones/reviews/libratone/148592-libratone-track-air-review-wireless-in-ear-anc-headphones

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/headphones/1409639/libratone-track-air-review

Sweat resistance
Uses Qualcomm QCC5121 which supports aptx
Smaller and lighter than the SONY

Last edited:

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Can keep to the topic of the sony earphone? If want to talk others better create another thread

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first version also got very good review on what hifi....then end up i go test..the demo unit drop signal non stop...at the end..don't bother to look at it at all liao..

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first version also got very good review on what hifi....then end up i go test..the demo unit drop signal non stop...at the end..don't bother to look at it at all liao..
Many reviews out there are sponsored-set reviews. Likely SONY gave free sets to the reviewers for review.

And initial reviews don't reveal problems like wear fatigue and the sound quality in outdoor testing under different conditions

You need unbiased reviews from users who paid for the set

Last edited:

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can keep to the topic of the sony earphone? If want to talk others better create another thread

Its alright lah bro.

I would not know other ANC earphones exist without such posts. Moreover, we would all like to know if Sony make the best overall ANC truly wireless earphones and that cannot be done without comparisons.

In any case, looking at the specs, and taking a leaf out of the Sony bashers' book, I doubt that the ANC of those earphones would be able to match Sony's. :s13:

psx_999

Reaction score
It doesn't support multipoint connection as stated in their helpguide (Provided by Sony) regarding WF-1000XM3 in Precautions section! :s22:

Thank you. I’ll skip this then. Was disappointed with the Sennheiser True Wireless as it did not have multipoint connection too. Was hoping Sony would support.

inmyopinion

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see people sweating out in gyms wearing AirPods.

I don’t see a reason why the Sony can’t do that.

Anyway, can preorder at Q10 at $309.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see people sweating out in gyms wearing AirPods.

I don’t see a reason why the Sony can’t do that.

Anyway, can preorder at Q10 at $309.

If you need sweat resistance and ANC you can try

Libratone Track Air+

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here are my initial thoughts after using it for an hour or two. I bought this because of the ANC, true wireless and Sony sound.

Noise cancellation - Very good. I compared this with the QC20. The QC20 is good at reducing low frequency sound like engine noise, but it does not do a good job at reducing the sound of people taking. With this earphones, it does a good job at reducing noise from both ends of the spectrum. The sound of people talking was reduced dramatically relative to the QC20. With low frequency noise, the QC20 was fractionally better. Roadside noise was significantly reduced although not totally when standing on a pavement. I think Sony really delivered on noise cancellation.

Blinking LEDs - I don't know the rationale behind the blinking LEDs when the earbuds are in use. When I use it at night, anyone and everyone will notice the two blinking LEDs. Sony should offer the option of stopping the LEDs from blinking when the buds are in use.

Sound - Source is ALAC files converted from AIFF files i.e. CD quality. Typical Sony kind of sound i.e. controlled bass. Definitely nowhere near $300+ Sony wired earphones standard, but very good considering it is AAC. I could not quite tell the difference with and without DSEE HX. My head tells me it sounds better with it turned on, but that might just be me being aware that it should sound better as opposed to actually hearing a discernible difference.

Fit - Very good for a earbud that sticks out. The extra bump helps as it allows the earbud to rest on the ear so I don't get the feeling that it will fall out. I used the largest silicon tip as the smaller sized ones did not provide any seal. As a guide, the largest tip feels a little larger than the L sized Sony silicon tips (light green) in terms of diameter and is definitely longer. I replaced it with the L sized silicon tips and the earbuds still fit. Comfort will depend on the shape of the ear so you will need to teat this out yourself.

Looks - It sticks out. It looks like bluetooth earphones from 10 years ago or longer, not the stealthy earbuds that are buried into the ear.

Call quality - Have not tested it. Will try doing it over the weekend.

Connection - Have not experienced dropping connections. I used this with an iPhone 8 plus. Need to test in crowded places.

I think it is fair to mention the following at this juncture.

1. If one is not looking for ANC, this is NOT the earphones for you. The money can be spent elsewhere.

2. If one is looking for earphones for sports, this is not for you, not because it is not IPX4 rated, just that I don't think it will be secure enough.

3. If one needs to look cool, look else where. The blinking LEDs and the way it sticks out looks totally UNCLE. I can carry that look so it is still alright for me. :s13:

4. If one is looking for ANC above all else, you can consider this. Not all ANC is the same, we see that even with wired earphones. The QC20 stands above all, and this earphones is comparable. Because ANC works well to reduce sound of people talking, I think this is pretty good for office use.

These are just my initial thoughts. Sorry, cannot be more technical about it as I only have a Primary 6 vocabulary. :D

LemonPlusTea

Master Member
Reaction score
got my set today. I like it quite a bit, but the call quality really CMI. Need to yell for the other party to even hear you :s22:

zenical

Reaction score
Do you have the initial model? I tried the demo today with my iPhone but the sound cmi. Dunno is it because I go open my Bluetooth and the thing Siao Liao :s22:

Shadow79

Reaction score
Is there any video sync issue with this model? I had the first and second Sony TWS, totally unusable for video watching.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any video sync issue with this model? I had the first and second Sony TWS, totally unusable for video watching.
This is what I fear too. Owned the previous model n have sync issues with video.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate20 X using GAGT

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here are my initial thoughts after using it for an hour or two. I bought this because of the ANC, true wireless and Sony sound.

Noise cancellation - Very good. I compared this with the QC20. The QC20 is good at reducing low frequency sound like engine noise, but it does not do a good job at reducing the sound of people taking. With this earphones, it does a good job at reducing noise from both ends of the spectrum. The sound of people talking was reduced dramatically relative to the QC20. With low frequency noise, the QC20 was fractionally better. Roadside noise was significantly reduced although not totally when standing on a pavement. I think Sony really delivered on noise cancellation.

Blinking LEDs - I don't know the rationale behind the blinking LEDs when the earbuds are in use. When I use it at night, anyone and everyone will notice the two blinking LEDs. Sony should offer the option of stopping the LEDs from blinking when the buds are in use.

Sound - Source is ALAC files converted from AIFF files i.e. CD quality. Typical Sony kind of sound i.e. controlled bass. Definitely nowhere near $300+ Sony wired earphones standard, but very good considering it is AAC. I could not quite tell the difference with and without DSEE HX. My head tells me it sounds better with it turned on, but that might just be me being aware that it should sound better as opposed to actually hearing a discernible difference.

Fit - Very good for a earbud that sticks out. The extra bump helps as it allows the earbud to rest on the ear so I don't get the feeling that it will fall out. I used the largest silicon tip as the smaller sized ones did not provide any seal. As a guide, the largest tip feels a little larger than the L sized Sony silicon tips (light green) in terms of diameter and is definitely longer. I replaced it with the L sized silicon tips and the earbuds still fit. Comfort will depend on the shape of the ear so you will need to teat this out yourself.

Looks - It sticks out. It looks like bluetooth earphones from 10 years ago or longer, not the stealthy earbuds that are buried into the ear.

Call quality - Have not tested it. Will try doing it over the weekend.

Connection - Have not experienced dropping connections. I used this with an iPhone 8 plus. Need to test in crowded places.

I think it is fair to mention the following at this juncture.

1. If one is not looking for ANC, this is NOT the earphones for you. The money can be spent elsewhere.

2. If one is looking for earphones for sports, this is not for you, not because it is not IPX4 rated, just that I don't think it will be secure enough.

3. If one needs to look cool, look else where. The blinking LEDs and the way it sticks out looks totally UNCLE. I can carry that look so it is still alright for me. :s13:

4. If one is looking for ANC above all else, you can consider this. Not all ANC is the same, we see that even with wired earphones. The QC20 stands above all, and this earphones is comparable. Because ANC works well to reduce sound of people talking, I think this is pretty good for office use.

These are just my initial thoughts. Sorry, cannot be more technical about it as I only have a Primary 6 vocabulary. :D

Thanks for the review.

Do you need the Sony app to work with? How's the sound quality when using with and without the Sony app?

Because I own the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphone which runs on LDAC without installing the Sony app. I have tried installing the Sony app and it converted to using SBC codec. Can't change to LDAC after that.

It's good to have one Sony app for both Sony devices but if I install the app with the WF-1000XM3 I'm afraid the WH-1000XM3 will not work with LDAC

Thanks again

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.