View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #41
parchiao
Master Member

Thanks for the review.

Do you need the Sony app to work with? How's the sound quality when using with and without the Sony app?

Because I own the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphone which runs on LDAC without installing the Sony app. I have tried installing the Sony app and it converted to using SBC codec. Can't change to LDAC after that.

It's good to have one Sony app for both Sony devices but if I install the app with the WF-1000XM3 I'm afraid the WH-1000XM3 will not work with LDAC

Thanks again
You will need the app to setup the earphones just once and then you do not require the app anymore. I think this is the case as I did not launch the app after the initial setup. The only downside is that you will not be able to monitor the battery life in each earbud.

I am not familiar with the LDAC issue you described. If your source has LDAC and the headphones supports LDAC, shouldn’t it pair automatically via LDAC? This was my experience paring my ZX300 with the WI-1000X. I selected LDAC on the player and the earphones would pair via LDAC. With the WF-1000XM3, it pairs via SBC automatically as the player does not support AAC. On my iPhone, it connects via AAC because I selected best quality music over connection via the app.
parchiao is offline   Reply With Quote