The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes able to. My colleague went Canada in winter afew times and no problem.

Your worry should be on your frame, when you come from the frigid temperature outside and head into a warmer environment. The extreme temp change could cause your frame to snap. (Expand and contract). Seen that afew times.

Hi want to find out something, will lens withstand extreme cold weather? Maybe -10-20 degree?
Currently what lens is recommended for Long usage of reading book and computer?

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any brand of lens to introduce?
Is it still good to go Jb to do lens now.

I going to be changing btw contact lens and specs.

Thanks for your reply by the way

Yes able to. My colleague went Canada in winter afew times and no problem.

Your worry should be on your frame, when you come from the frigid temperature outside and head into a warmer environment. The extreme temp change could cause your frame to snap. (Expand and contract). Seen that afew times.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Contact lens rmb to use eye drops before leaving the building and after entering.
Also prior to removal rmb to use eye drops as it might adhere to your eyes as it’s too cold.

Jb is always cheaper, but the problem is if there is any adjustment issue or even lens issue. You need to travel back there to service it. Singapore shops unfortunately are more cautious in adjustment frames not from their shop as they can’t provide warranty for you.

Any brand of lens to introduce?
Is it still good to go Jb to do lens now.

I going to be changing btw contact lens and specs.

Thanks for your reply by the way

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the recommended price for 1.67 blue lens hoya or etc or what you recommend in Singapore.
I upload my frame later. Bought from Tom ford during their sales.
Now Wan make a extra one bring oversea to use.

Contact lens I bring monthly disposable one.

Contact lens rmb to use eye drops before leaving the building and after entering.
Also prior to removal rmb to use eye drops as it might adhere to your eyes as it’s too cold.

Jb is always cheaper, but the problem is if there is any adjustment issue or even lens issue. You need to travel back there to service it. Singapore shops unfortunately are more cautious in adjustment frames not from their shop as they can’t provide warranty for you.

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm cloudy vision is not normal, neither is headache.

I suggest going back to the store to have your eyes checked again.
Ok. Thanks for your reply.
To elaborate: When I take the new glasses off, my vision seems almost Milky. Like there’s a filter of white over everything. But when I put back the glasses, it's clear immediately. The filter will clear within few minutes.
Saw similar questions in quora but no answers.

Going back tomorrow and to polytechnic next week for check up.

Sent from Amazon using GAGT

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
0SEWnLj

This kind what lens is prefer for 1.67 and required blue coat.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya paiseh just now was dozing off when typing this. What brand like Kodak or Hoya or Zeiss lens that you recommend for this type of frame.
Required 1.67 index n blue filter since will be looking at laptop for Long.
And recommend price if you don’t mind.

Wait can you rephrase your qns again?
What brand of lens to use for a 1.67 index and does it require blue filter?

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hmm cloudy vision is not normal, neither is headache.

I suggest going back to the store to have your eyes checked again.

From a neutral standpoint. Zeiss is still the best for single vision.

Hoya for progressives.

i using contact lense for few years. never use specs before. need to read clearly thats why thinkig of switcing to specs. whats the procdure if i go to your optical shop and whats the charges for eye check, frame and lens?

Reaction score
i using contact lense for few years. never use specs before. need to read clearly thats why thinkig of switcing to specs. whats the procdure if i go to your optical shop and whats the charges for eye check, frame and lens?

Hi bro,

Switching to glasses because of reading problems?

We offer eye exam with the following checks/assessments:

• Assessment of all previous spectacles, to determine cause of discomfort.(If any)
  • Refraction (Distance, Intermediate, Reading)
  • Strabismus check (Phoria/tropia)
  • Ocular Motility Assessment

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Rrp will be between 228 to 355 for 1.67 blue filter lenses.

From a neutral standpoint, I say if you are more particular about clarity go for zeiss.

If you prefer something more Budget, Kodak blue 1.67 will be enough.

Mid tier essilor or hoya also can. you can also try Brand’s being promoted by the others like Asahi, tokai lutina...

The lenses cuts similar amount of HEV light thus it is up to your preference and the recommendation from your practitioner.

Ya paiseh just now was dozing off when typing this. What brand like Kodak or Hoya or Zeiss lens that you recommend for this type of frame.
Required 1.67 index n blue filter since will be looking at laptop for Long.
And recommend price if you don’t mind.

kaixin18

Reaction score
Hi bro,

Switching to glasses because of reading problems?

We offer eye exam with the following checks/assessments:

• Assessment of all previous spectacles, to determine cause of discomfort.(If any)
  • Refraction (Distance, Intermediate, Reading)
  • Strabismus check (Phoria/tropia)
  • Ocular Motility Assessment

if i go to ngee ann poly optometry they can do the same thing for just $5. how much r u charging?

https://www.np.edu.sg/optometrycentre/Pages/services.aspx

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s great that Eyezone is doing such a good service for the public.

But just a side note, many places do charge a fee for an eye check if no glasses are made. Glasses made=consultation waived. Reason is because we value ourselves as eye care professionals. We check your eye, your eye health(anterior and posterior), eye muscles etc. A consultation similarly to a checkup at a doctor or even Dentist requires a sum to be paid. There are many instruments which cost a hefty sum to purchase e.g. Fundus camera, optical coherence tomography(not many places have) and if you visit an eye doctor, the amount charged is not small. So an eye check @ngee Ann or even SP covers all these machine and check for only 5 dollars. It is a steal to have your annual eye check there.

PSA
Not all optical retailer(including my workplace) does a free full eyecheck, so once again it is a great initiative for Eyezone to provide such a service! Cheers to all!

We're not charging as its a FREE service to give back to society.

Reaction score
Do you mean free service even though not buying anything from you?

Yup, no obligation to buy anything from us but you'll need to book a session through the link below.

This service is offered as a troubleshooting session for progressive lens wearers as we know many people are not having clear & comfortable vision with their existing pair.

We specialize in solving eye problems for people who experience headaches, double vision, constant blur vision & wavy vision too.

To book a slot, simply visit this page

:)

Last edited:

Project_Xco

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going JB to make new lens for my existing frame. I work 10-12hrs on PC daily hence it needs to have blue light filter. Degree is around 600 each.

If my budget is around S$200-300, what lens brand should I look out for and which one of these are out of budget?

-Kodak Total Blue
-Kodak UVBlue
-Tokai Lutina
-Asahi UV420
-Essilor Crizal Prevencia
-Hoya BlueControl
-Zeiss BlueProtect
-Shamir Bluezero

Feel free to recommend other brands within my budget.

dannyphone

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA

With regard to transition lens, can i make if based on below deg?

14.74 -2.00 180
14.00 -2.25 165

Got 1 shop said essxxxxxx unable to make as too high haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.