High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have a great sunday ahead!

eIiDvzs.jpg

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20% from AD can buy bo?
Many watch collectors share with me, Panerai is best bought in the grey market as mainly the watch depreciation for first owner is very high. Do check out chuan watch or bright time for Pam, usually easily 15-20% discount for brand new piece.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monday watch
tmKAQTkl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Reaction score
Hi all, ive zero knowledge on luxury watches. But just to get started, if i want to buy for my wife a gift watch, what do you think is worth getting for 5k to 7k. Ladies watch. Not necessarily just a rolex, can be others. Really not sure where to start. And, if 5k to 7k doesnt get me a decent luxury watch then I probably will just stick to a 2k tag or longines, and not waste money. But whats worth it and not, is hard for me to decipher as of now. And i dont want to rush into buying as well.

red_devilz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, ive zero knowledge on luxury watches. But just to get started, if i want to buy for my wife a gift watch, what do you think is worth getting for 5k to 7k. Ladies watch. Not necessarily just a rolex, can be others. Really not sure where to start. And, if 5k to 7k doesnt get me a decent luxury watch then I probably will just stick to a 2k tag or longines, and not waste money. But whats worth it and not, is hard for me to decipher as of now. And i dont want to rush into buying as well.
Cartier Santos or Jaeger Reverso

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

cyberet

Reaction score

5-7k can get a basic lady rolex already. e.g. 26mm - 36mm oyster perpetual steel

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Best to buy based on the style of watch your wife likes.

My wife only wears gents' watches, not like her wrist is large but she dislikes small watch faces immensely. Also finds the design of gents' watches better, which makes sense, guys care more about watches overall after all (as is evidenced from the membership of any watch group out there), so the market will cater to it, not unlike how flagship clothing stores will have 3 storeys of women's clothing and 1 of men's.

After you get a sense, it will help you narrow things down based on your budget.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. She doeant like too small watch faces. And she likes those with beautiful dials - like JLC or AP style (not the classic rolex ones). Thats why im struggling. But those are so frigging expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.